Jordan Brands own Gentry interviewed by Sneaker Father (future info and facts)

He should have made all those Fusions an international release only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a $%%+*#+.

-I agree that his interviews are probably pre-screened.
-I don't agree with the TBIIIs being international only, but I can see his thought process. If he released them in the U.S. and overseas, it isn't asspecial to those outside the U.S.
whom he's trying to build a future relationship with. (again, not that I agree) Also, I still feel that in the next year or so, we will see a release inthe U.S.
-The guy definitely bothers me, but if he's been with the brand for 18 years, he's obviously doing something right.
-IMO, his biggest failure is the severe decline in quality.

I'm surprised that with all of the complaining about cheap material being used, why a question about that is never asked to Gentry...

Originally Posted by greyson23

releasing the tb3's internationally makes more sense now. he is trying to grow the brand outside of the US and to show his dedication to that strategy, thus he only released the tb3's internationally only. sure it sucks for us here, but for years JB has ignored non-us countries. so in essence, we now feel what sneaker heads from other countries have been feeling. a strong sense of abandonment and just like international collectors, we can pay a premium to get the tb3 if we really want it. yeah it sucks, but it really is a smart move on his part. european heads are happy and though US heads are slightly dis-enchanted, his probably achieved his goal of appeasing his target market. oh well, guess i'll have to pay $250+ for my pair.....que cera cera.
very true.

many of you in the U.S. have no idea how good you have it. we pay a premium on just about every release. in fact, it is a better deal to pay for internationalshipping than to pay for the local recommended retail over here in australia. i import all of my shoes. not to mention we only release a small percentage ofreleases too.

Originally Posted by Trav T

Gentry can take his international release shoes, turn them sideways, and shove them up his candy...

flg07k.jpg

Why was it an international release only?
I remember being here a year ago and everybody said 'Oh how come we don't have what the US has?' You can never seem to please everyone, but at the end of the day I think the excitement that it brings to the brand and whether they're talking about the hype around it, has a positive influence on what we do. You're going to see more things happen like that where we start to introduce special projects which are international-only and so forth. As I start to travel throughout the rest of the world and look at these pockets where the game is really relevant, I hope to create some special projects just for those regions. So I definitely foresee an opportunity in the future to do some special Australia-only projects.

laugh.gif

So you want to please a certain group, by pissing off the demographic (US Buyers) that make up the majority of your revenue.

Gentry, you CAN please everyone and that is by releasing sneakers across the board. Dropping the True Blue III's overseas where they saton shelves until US buyers overpaid to get them is not the way to go. I love the True Blue III's, but there is no way I would pay $150+ as the initialprice point
smh.gif

It's sad. Jordan Brand has become a billion dollar company, mostly because of a logo that practically sells itself.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Nobody has the balls to ask Gentry about the decline in quality and increase in prices.

What's lil Gentry gonna do? kill you?

thats exactly what im sayin.... we need to get what we are asked to pay for...... its called Quality

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

releasing the tb3's internationally makes more sense now. he is trying to grow the brand outside of the US and to show his dedication to that strategy, thus he only released the tb3's internationally only. sure it sucks for us here, but for years JB has ignored non-us countries. so in essence, we now feel what sneaker heads from other countries have been feeling. a strong sense of abandonment and just like international collectors, we can pay a premium to get the tb3 if we really want it. yeah it sucks, but it really is a smart move on his part. european heads are happy and though US heads are slightly dis-enchanted, his probably achieved his goal of appeasing his target market. oh well, guess i'll have to pay $250+ for my pair.....que cera cera.
So why couldnt they make it a BOTH US AND INTERNATIONALLY? Its a very damn good move by Gentry, but he picks TB3s and we get a Surpluss of 1s. Why not start them off slowly with our !@@$!@ releases? I dont mean to seem sour but couldnt they have released the TB3s BOTH IN THE US AND INTERNATIONALLY?

He even admits that 90% of profits come from the US, so why get that 10% overseas? Why not release em both?

He contradicts himself soo much its annoying...

not to sound like i'm belittling you, but you still don't get his chess move. it would have defeated the purpose to release here and internationally. in business, sometimes you have to PROVE loyalty. and by keeping the release overseas, he is attempting to prove his dedication to show the internationalscene a little love. and your angst, is what proves his move was on point.

Originally Posted by eltouha

very true.

many of you in the U.S. have no idea how good you have it. we pay a premium on just about every release. in fact, it is a better deal to pay for international shipping than to pay for the local recommended retail over here in australia. i import all of my shoes. not to mention we only release a small percentage of releases too.

exactly. international heads now have something we don't. which was his intention.

Originally Posted by eltouha

very true.

many of you in the U.S. have no idea how good you have it. we pay a premium on just about every release. in fact, it is a better deal to pay for international shipping than to pay for the local recommended retail over here in australia. i import all of my shoes. not to mention we only release a small percentage of releases too.

exactly. international heads now have something we don't. which was his intention.

Exactly what IronMan said, True Blue III's were mostly sold to us
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Seriously, if it wasn't for us Americans paying ridiculous prices for them, they would still be all over Europe and Asia.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Exactly what IronMan said, True Blue III's were mostly sold to us
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Seriously, if it wasn't for us Americans paying ridiculous prices for them, they would still be all over Europe and Asia.

QFT

HE STILL A LIL BIT$# FOR DOING THAT TO THE GRAND PURPLE 1'S A STRAIGHT BIT%$# NO MATTER WHAT THE LIL TROLL SAYS

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

So why couldnt they make it a BOTH US AND INTERNATIONALLY? Its a very damn good move by Gentry, but he picks TB3s and we get a Surpluss of 1s. Why not start them off slowly with our !@@$!@ releases? I dont mean to seem sour but couldnt they have released the TB3s BOTH IN THE US AND INTERNATIONALLY?

He even admits that 90% of profits come from the US, so why get that 10% overseas? Why not release em both?

He contradicts himself soo much its annoying...

not to sound like i'm belittling you, but you still don't get his chess move. it would have defeated the purpose to release here and internationally. in business, sometimes you have to PROVE loyalty. and by keeping the release overseas, he is attempting to prove his dedication to show the international scene a little love. and your angst, is what proves his move was on point.
But they rotted on shelves...hes proving loyalty, but to what? 10% of a demographics. If they just made OUR release readily available toInternational customers, they would be more happy. Not many of the population wears Nike, more likely Jordan in Europe, the average Joe wears something like aPuma, or Adidas.

Theres barely any sneakerheads in Europe, point blank, i understand the move, but it was a dumb one. Not that i think i know better than the guy, i mean hesseriously putting work for Jordan Brand, but then theres common sense into some of the moves he does.

Even with Jordan Brand still selling out, they really have a dilemma about their "prized" releases, DMPs, 60+, etc. They still cant find a way tosell these things like they once did...so its basically common sense to just put out Retros again, or stretch out the releases of these things for thelongevity of the brand.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Nobody has the balls to ask Gentry about the decline in quality and increase in prices.

What's lil Gentry gonna do? kill you?

He'd just dance around the question, and if you pressed too much, he could just end the interview. As nice as it would be to go off on him, it justisn't professional, and terribly bad for interviewing.

Jordan brand/Gentry sees the final tally in regard to sales, and he is going to go where the demand is greatest. Just because a FEW people on message boardsdemand a certain shoe, in a certain way, does not mean that there is an actual high demand. I see it in Nike Retro, and then even in other Nike releases, manyaren't feeling what some supposed "shoeheads" are, therefore paying attention to YOU, really doesn't help with their bottom line. Call Gentrywhat you want, but I call him successful, in which many of you aren't, even in the most menial of tasks.

So, who should MJ listen to again??????

Back
Top Bottom