Jordan Chris Paul CP3.II Detailed Look and Detailed Breakdown

M

mazedowner

Via: KixandtheCity.com
For the second year in a row, Chris Paul, the young All-Star face of the Jordan Brand, has received his second Jordan signature sneaker. A sleeker departure from his CP3, the CP3.II was designed to complement the speed and sharpness of Chris Paul's game while also embodying his off-court lifestyle of family, faith and community.

The Jordan CP3.II draws inspiration from the sport of futsal, a dynamic and largely international game of indoor five-versus-five soccer. Futsal is known for lightning-quick dribbling foot patterns and agile cutting, two performance attributes the Jordan CP3.II delivers for Chris' on-court performance needs. With the recent 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics proving the game of basketball is more international than ever, the Jordan CP3.II represents the global reach of the sport.

Special design details are incorporated into the Jordan CP3.II that makes the shoe unique to Chris, including paying homage to his family, Wake Forest coach and faith.
For the second year in a row, Chris Paul, the young All-Star face of the Jordan Brand, has received his second Jordan signature sneaker. A sleeker departure from his CP3, the CP3.II was designed to complement the speed and sharpness of Chris Paul's game while also embodying his off-court lifestyle of family, faith and community.

The Jordan CP3.II draws inspiration from the sport of futsal, a dynamic and largely international game of indoor five-versus-five soccer. Futsal is known for lightning-quick dribbling foot patterns and agile cutting, two performance attributes the Jordan CP3.II delivers for Chris' on-court performance needs. With the recent 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics proving the game of basketball is more international than ever, the Jordan CP3.II represents the global reach of the sport.

More on the Jordan CP3.II after the jump, and, in the [KATC StockRoom HD: February 2009]

A special limited edition Jordan CP3.II will launch in New Orleans on Saturday, February 21, 2009 featuring the colors of the Mardi Gras tradition. The Jordan CP3.II will then launch nationwide in the U.S. on Saturday, March 14, 2009 with a suggested retail price of $118.

Technical Features

Agility and Transition
•Primary lateral outrigger assists with cutting and stability
•Secondary lateral outrigger helps the athlete stay on his toes when cutting
•Internal gore strap crosses the tongue to hold the foot tight and save valuable seconds in reaction time
•Rubber wraps up medial side for smooth and agile movement

Stability and Support
•Cutting-edge New Foam material molds to the foot and acts like a built-in ankle brace
•Midfoot shank arch plate ensures a strong foundation for the foot
•Achilles heel support pads lock ankle into shoe

Traction
•Advanced herringbone outsole pattern
•Medial toe abrasion dots and asymmetrical rubber toe wrap protect during toe drag
•Forefoot flex grooves allow quick direction changes

Comfort
•Dual-density Hardness Injection Phylon (DHIP) technology in heel of midsole
•Nike Zoom Air in forefoot
•Light weight structural tongue

Design Features
•Inspired by soccer shoes worn by international futsal players
•Graphics represent the community of New Orleans and the Mardi Gras tradition
•Number 61 honors the memory of CP's grandfather, Nathanial Jones
•Heel graphic features details of CP's life such as his birthday, brother CJ's initials and the name of Wake Forest coach, the late Skip Prosser
•Outsole includes parents' names and nods to CP's faith

2zjeslz.jpg

xd8mqs.jpg

2rpw7c1.jpg

ioitl5.jpg

33xy7oy.jpg

rlw5r8.jpg

Peace.

MaZe

I think they're hot. I can't wait to see them in person. I won't buy these until I'm able to see what they look like in person.

Hey Maze,
Is this same colorway going to be released nationwide on March 14th, or is this CW exclusive to New Orleans on February 21st?

Originally Posted by airbird41

Hey Maze,
Is this same colorway going to be released nationwide on March 14th, or is this CW exclusive to New Orleans on February 21st?

This is the 21st colorway.

MaZe

Thanks for pics/info, Rich.

The print on the back of the limited one is a bit too much for me. I'd get a pair of one of the colorways to ball in.

i love the hornets colorways lol. the sneaker overall isnt bad. could be better, could be worse

thx KATC,
these r real hot!
luv these n luv CP too, hope he heals soon and roll on the court again

I like the style of the shoe a lot but I just need to see a different colorway. I think these would look great in a white colorway for the Hornets homeuniforms.

Originally Posted by jordanfreak23

I need them in my life. Now I need info on where in New Orleans to get them. Thanks Maze for the info!

Ya i might be in the 504 for mardi gras and i need to know where to cop these from

Back
Top Bottom