Jordan III Desert Elephant - July 30, 2022 now

rainking rainking maaan… these are WAY more comfortable than the Iris and Fire reds and I thought it was just me. The PU is soft enough I can wear all day with no issues at all. Iris and red are bricks compared.
No dude, it's real. They are really comfy and soft underfoot. At first I thought the Fire Reds were, as you said, kinda bricks, but the more I break those in, they are actually pretty OK, too. But not as soft as these, from the upper leather to the midsoles. If you get a good pair of DEs, they're genuinely pretty nutso. I had two other pairs I sent back that somehow had uppers that were more like the typical III uppers, though still softer. But not as soft as my two good pairs.
I wore a pair of mine all last weekend at the F1 race in Austin, at night out in downtown Austin ... only pair of shoes I took with me. I walked miles in them and my feet felt great the entire time. Shoes barely look worse for wear, too. Just an insane retro III. Truly.
It's entirely possible I end up with a third pair at some point :lol:

No dude, it's real. They are really comfy and soft underfoot. At first I thought the Fire Reds were, as you said, kinda bricks, but the more I break those in, they are actually pretty OK, too. But not as soft as these, from the upper leather to the midsoles. If you get a good pair of DEs, they're genuinely pretty nutso. I had two other pairs I sent back that somehow had uppers that were more like the typical III uppers, though still softer. But not as soft as my two good pairs.
I wore a pair of mine all last weekend at the F1 race in Austin, at night out in downtown Austin ... only pair of shoes I took with me. I walked miles in them and my feet felt great the entire time. Shoes barely look worse for wear, too. Just an insane retro III. Truly.
It's entirely possible I end up with a third pair at some point :lol:
You were at F1? I live down here, HMU next time, I gotta pick your brain on some sneakers.

You were at F1? I live down here, HMU next time, I gotta pick your brain on some sneakers.
:lol: Yup . I've been to most of the races there since the first one. Went to Miami this year, too, plus IndyCar Long Beach and Nashville. I work in the automotive media biz and used to cover racing full-time, so it's just a part of my life.

Wore them yesterday , pants are scrubs

Love em. I think y’all are overstating the plushness of the midsole. I agree about the uppers though.

7ABF6FA6-D60D-410C-ACD6-89E8A9764D32.jpeg

These restocked, grabbed a size 12, hope they fit, unlike the size 11.5 I had to return in August.
So you went up a half size?

That’s interesting.

I wish I had gone down a half size.

They’re too long for my foot.

I’ve been double socking it and they’re wearable.

My pair fits more narrow in the toe box than the Fire Reds.

…which felt too big even with double socks.

I was out walking my dog today and I decided to wear these.

On the way home I stepped in a pile of fresh dog **** on the sidewalk.

It would be very difficult to put into words just how pissed I was.

There’s a special place in hell reserved for people who let their dogs poop on the sidewalk and don’t clean it up. I find my thoughts drifting to the scene in Pulp Fiction where John Travolta is talking about how angry he was when someone keyed his beloved Malibu.

”I just wish I could’ve caught that a-hole doing it. It’d have been worth him doing it just to catch him doing it.”

I can’t even tell you what kind of unspeakably violent things I might’ve done to the person who let their dog poop on that sidewalk, had I been able to catch them in the act. I don’t care if it had been some kind, old lady.

…I’d have gone medieval on her her wrinkled ***.

Last edited:
On a side note, I’m not sure if the brown leather on the mudguard is actually suede or not.

When I was cleaning the dog poo off, I accidentally got some water on the mudguard…a big, 1-inch stain. I was terrified that it was going to be permanent. But as soon as the leather dried, it was gone.

…I’m not sure what it is.

As cool as these are, there doesn't seem to be much of a demand for them on the aftermarket.

I have my pair listed for a very reasonable price, considering they were only worn four times, and I haven't had any nibbles.

As much as I like them, I just don't see myself wearing them enough and I'm looking to get rid of pairs like that to cover the cost of the Royal 1s or the Lost and Founds.

...may just end up keeping them.

Back
Top Bottom