Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

I told myself not to come back in here after seeing the demonic cabbage patch. But i deserve all the torture from reading grown men die on a hill defending 'their preferences'. This thread has turned into what the shoe is about. But instead of calling this thread vintage - its pissy yellow stained.
triple-h-disgusted.gif

Last edited:
scoop0625 scoop0625 thoughts on 03 vs 2023? My friend's 2003 pair is one reason I love this shoe to start with, set the standard for me back when we were in hs around 2010/11

scoop0625 scoop0625 thoughts on 03 vs 2023? My friend's 2003 pair is one reason I love this shoe to start with, set the standard for me back when we were in hs around 2010/11

I know you didn't ask me, but I had three pairs of the 2003s. Wore one, eventually sold the others. This is one of my favorite shoes of all time, maybe even my No. 1, and while the 2003s had good quality of materials, I never really loved them and I never bonded with that retro. The EP is what mostly ruined it for me. I'd look at them over and over again, and they just always looked off. They didn't look like the shoes MJ had worn. As a result, I never felt like I really owned a pair of "real" WC IIIs. The 2023s give me the right feeling. It's not even a close comparison in my humble opinion. Of course, having a pair with decent EP is the key. I sold my FTL pair immediately after receiving them because both shoes had that old-style fat EP.

Everyone got their pears? Think we can call this one now 🤣
Unfortunately, no. Still waiting on a miracle 9.5,so I can join the party with y'all.

I got a pair of "good karma" Chicago Jordan 2s I got a blessing on. Need to pass the blessings along. Hoping if I oop to someone, I can hopefully get lucky with Cement 3s...

In my opinion, the '03's had better quality than all the proceeding retros including the 2023. If the '03's had NA instead of the jumpman, it would be easily my favorite retro (might be very close to what I owned). The 2 pairs I had at the time had very decent elephant print. The 2023 does have better shape and closer to the OG despite the aging. The '03's were also very comfortable because of the extra padding.

Last edited:
My fire reds fit so much better than these white cements. My TTS (same as fire reds) fit a little longer in the white cements. Even lined up besside each other the white cements are visible longer. Might try to go for a pair half size down.

My fire reds fit so much better than these white cements. My TTS (same as fire reds) fit a little longer in the white cements. Even lined up besside each other the white cements are visible longer. Might try to go for a pair half size down.
what size are you?

What the ‘03s had/have over the ‘23s is the comfort, that’s it in my opinion. The thicker padding around the ankle collar was nice, but definitely made it a different looking shoe. The midsole on the 03s are what I wish the ‘23s were. They are much more comfortable under foot and so much lighter compared to the dense foam they use now on IIIs.

Sheesh, that makes me doubly happy I actually went down .5 on WCs from my usual sz11. My TTS Fire Reds, I already had kinda wished I went down because I have a ton of extra room in the toe. If it's true the WCs are even longer in the same size as FRs, man, I would've been really unhappy LOL

What the ‘03s had/have over the ‘23s is the comfort, that’s it in my opinion. The thicker padding around the ankle collar was nice, but definitely made it a different looking shoe. The midsole on the 03s are what I wish the ‘23s were. They are much more comfortable under foot and so much lighter compared to the dense foam they use now on IIIs.
Yeah a lot of dudes were hyping up the lack of ankle padding being a big plus on this release, but they aren't very comfortable because of it. Yes, some of the other 3's have had WAY too much padding, but it's like they can only manufacture in extremes. There was an in between where the shoe is more comfortable without looking bloated.

You probably got reps bruh. Y'all exaggerating the hell out of the size on these. These are tts.

what size are you?
Sheesh, that makes me doubly happy I actually went down .5 on WCs from my usual sz11. My TTS Fire Reds, I already had kinda wished I went down because I have a ton of extra room in the toe. If it's true the WCs are even longer in the same size as FRs, man, I would've been really unhappy LOL
Personally I think the fire reds fit perfectly with a little bit of room wiggle room. The WCs fit noticeably bigger in my opinion. I'm not swimming in them, just noticeable longer.

Thanks for the feedback all. Feeling a lot more excited for mine now. Elephant print and panel inconsistencies aside, I'm just grateful we don't have paint chipping on midsoles anymore. As bad as the shape on 2018 bc3 was, the nike air and no paint chip was enough to win me over. I had 2011 and 2013 wc3 and sold both after they started lookin like KD's legs.

Back
Top Bottom