Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

BA5EB63F-4311-446A-B649-5556F803EC08.jpeg

Had to do a search for this classic ps
This man fr :rofl:
120DBED0-10B7-4685-BA16-ABD3CE072D86.png

keelogram keelogram

Hot take: unless you grew up with the OG models & watched MJ play in them then this typa talk is straight hypebeast sh*t

I liked it but I had to take it back after I thought about it.

I grew up with the OG’s but still, to the cat that didn’t, I can’t knock him/her for wanting OG specs only.

Early jays with a jumpman give mid 1 vibes….even the youngins deserve better.

I liked it but I had to take it back after I thought about it.

I grew up with the OG’s but still, to the cat that didn’t, I can’t knock him/her for wanting OG specs only.

Early jays with a jumpman give mid 1 vibes….even the youngins deserve better.
I understand if you grew up with it because that’s a real connection to it. But anyone under like 30 who makes a big deal about the NA vs Jumpman I gotta wonder why like How would you know if the Jumpman “looks wrong” if anything that’s what should “look right” to you because that’s what most retros have these days lol

Lol I feel you bro

But that’s like sayin these new cats growing up seeing all these BBL’s and surgeries as the “norm”…but deep down wanting an OG natural lol

Can’t knock ‘em b lol

Hot take: unless you grew up with the OG models & watched MJ play in them then this typa talk is straight hypebeast sh*t
This isn't a hot take as much as it is a blatantly antiquated, gatekeepy way of thinking. Indeed, life as it was during MJ's playing days is vastly different to today where he's long since retired. Life back then, and more specifically life as a consumer of sports entertainment and the NBA in particular, was something one had to be present for to truly feel and understand what made that time so special. However, thanks to the technology of today, anyone that truly cares about these sneakers and their cultural and historical significance with regard to MJ, the NBA, and the art of sneaker design, can simply Google search and find tons of content to dig through. Archived articles from the Chicago Tribune detailing many of MJ's games and historic accolades and victories with the Bulls. A multitude of uploads on YouTube of games people had recorded during MJ's playing days from his rookie year in '84-'85 to the last shot over Bryon Russell against the Utah Jazz in '98, all the way to his final appearance on court with the Washington Wizards in '03.

There are old commercials (It's Gotta Be the Shoes, Can/Can't, etc. ), various interviews, Nike and Eastbay seasonal catalogs containing photos of the Air Jordan in its various silhouettes all in their original forms, and much more all preserved online and through those that lived through it all. Through those that still own sneakers and other merchandise from that time. To say that someone who was born too late to experience '85-'98 MJ is a hypebeast that is incapable of appreciating his sneakers and what they represent, is truly asinine. Due to doing my due diligence, watching various games on YouTube, extensively researching photos of OG Jordan's be it from an old catalog or in hand photos from collectors, being on this site for half my life even and more, I've developed a genuine appreciation for these sneakers in their original forms. Am I not allowed to prefer the Nike Air on the back of the 3-6, which is how they were originally designed by Tinker Hatfield? Am I not allowed to like and prefer the sleek and aerodynamic look of the OG Jordan 5s over the bulbous collared, boot toe atrocities that were released for so long? I could go on. Point is, to assert that someone [like myself] who is younger than most on this forum, cannot truly appreciate the original designs of these sneakers because they weren't there, is extremely narrow minded to say the least.

Due to doing my due diligence, watching various games on YouTube, extensively researching photos of OG Jordan's be it from an old catalog or in hand photos from collectors, being on this site for half my life even and more, I've developed a genuine appreciation for these sneakers in their original forms.
Lmao chill bro. Most of these kids who insist NA > Jumpman haven’t gone as deep as you and only say it because they hear other people say it. As if everybody don’t already know the OGs had NA on the back so it’s
like what you even tryin to prove lol. So if I rock the 2018 FTLs that must mean I believe the OGs had icy soles? :lol:

I’m just sayin chances are, your average 25 y/o sneakerhead most likely has no real reason to be strongly opinionated about a damn logo on the back lol

You can't be talking about the elephant print is off and there's a Jumpman on the back imo. The shape is really off on the NA tag when it looks like a JM :lol:

Lmao chill bro. Most of these kids who insist NA > Jumpman haven’t gone as deep as you and only say it because they hear other people say it. As if everybody don’t already know the OGs had NA on the back so it’s
like what you even tryin to prove lol. So if I rock the 2018 FTLs that must mean I believe the OGs had icy soles? :lol:

I’m just sayin chances are, your average 25 y/o sneakerhead most likely has no real reason to be strongly opinionated about a damn logo on the back lol

You'd be surprised. When the FR 3's dropped, I legit saw people talking about "it's clear Nike is trying to erase Jordan from their history by taking the Jumpman off the back and replacing it with their logo." :rofl:

This is factual

It’s one of those things that kids just heard shoetubers say over and over again, so they parrot it as not to get ostracized by the peanut gallery. As much as these kids swear they want to be different/unique, they scared to death to have an original thought

Back
Top Bottom