Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

7E67220D-187A-486D-9177-217CD9EBADBF.jpeg

Mans drank the kool aid :lol:

Jk

But if you’re familiar with the relic controversy, you gotta agree with me that the last few pages sounds eerily similar right?
100% true, the conversation sounds the same. However the guitars have a little merit, a lot of people treat wear like a badge of honor. On shoes it’s the opposite, most want shoes to look brand new forever.

:lol:

Y’all sound like the guitar community now.

Long story short - old guitars are usually really popular and held to the highest of regards, and most old guitars age as people play them and use them in various capacities.

A while ago (like 8 years ago or so), guitar manufacturers started making new guitars that looked old / beat up. (Similar to what’s happening with the shoe game now)

It ranges from “light relic” to “heavy relic”.

Light relic
CFFB0BCD-7E2C-4CBA-805B-B94BE5A1F36A.jpeg

Heavy relic
B6FFA8F3-6DD2-4F2B-A933-F4A7378F8C16.jpeg

Both guitars above are actually brand new from the custom shop. Hand made to look old and beat up.

I’d say what we’re seeing with these and the L&F’s is an example of a very “light relic”.. and now I’m wondering if shoe brands will really someday try for a “heavy relic” fad.

I do know that the argument currently being had with the yellowing and whether some like it or not, or “it’ll happen over time”, is EXACTLY the same argument people have over these faux aged guitars. :lol:
Is that a John Mayer CS strat? 😍

Back
Top Bottom