Jordan IV - Black/red-cement grey Painting by jwdanklef

Hello all, just wanted to share my newest pick up courtesy of my friend, fellow NTer jwdanklef. It came out very nice, very detailed. Jordan IV is my favoritesneaker of all time.

jw - Feel free to chime in on the process of the painting...

5uoifs.jpg

verry nice i like them a lot. the air bubble looks a bit weird, but that always happens when i draw them as well.

Originally Posted by Phinsfan13

Nice, very nice to see something besides the splatter dave white imitations
Agreed. This is a great painting.

I just got my pair of black cement IVs today so it makes that painting even better.

Originally Posted by ucasta

Hello all, just wanted to share my newest pick up courtesy of my friend, fellow NTer jwdanklef. It came out very nice, very detailed. Jordan IV is my favorite sneaker of all time.

jw - Feel free to chime in on the process of the painting...

5uoifs.jpg

You forgot the "s" after "jwdanklef." FYI!!!!
This painting was one of those things were I was like, "Look, whats your favorite shoe? Buy me the canvas and I will do it for you. I just need thepractice." Well came to that agreement, I started and it seemed liked I never stopped painting black. This isnt a small painting, its not even life size,probably double the actual size. So after a weekend of painting black and then redrawing the stitch lines and all, it started coming together. I had to mix abunch of different shades of black using pearlized paints, greys, and whites and had to uses alot of dry brush techniques. The red and grey were super simple.When I stepped back I was amazed at what I had done.
This is the third painting (using a paint brush) Ive done of sneakers. I did the red/white Air Max 1 and the Structure before this one and a "BeTrue" stenciled piece (that you currently own as well). But other than that, I have never painted before.
I'm trying to think of what to do next. I think the Concord 11 would be good. Imagine how the patent would look on a purple background.
I dunno, gimme some input and let me know!!!

The others that I have done...

The "BE TRUE" piece was a large stenciled piece. Current owner Ucasta...
The Air Max 1 was my first painting I ever did with a paint brush and the Structure was my 2nd... 20 x16 canvas and they are still up for grabs...

That is a great painting. I have done a drawing of the air jordan 3 fire reds that i think is pretty good. I will post it later.

Anymore takers??? The AM1 and STRUCTURE paintings are still up for grabs?!?!?! Hit me up...

REPEAT!!! The AM1 and STRUCTURE paintings are still up for grabs?!?!?! Hit me up...

In the MISC. F/S forum...

Back
Top Bottom