Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Imma cop but it’s no secret that JB is a joke at this point.

They are a shell of what they once were.

A cat can leave the game now, but would they still love me?

IMG_9080.jpeg

Imma cop but it’s no secret that JB is a joke at this point.

They are a shell of what they once were.

A cat can leave the game now, but would they still love me?

IMG_9080.jpeg
I find it hard to take comments like that seriously from anyone who's been around for 20 years. 2005-2009 had the ****tiest materials, worst comfort, worst shape across models. It's not even debatable if you compare 2019-2023 to that period. They were garbage shoes that often barely resembled what they were supposed to be.

So if JB is a joke in 2023 when everything is much closer than it was 10 years ago, let alone 20... they've ALWAYS BEEN A JOKE.

Cat is putting 2 trash eras against each other.

What a time.
You need to wake up if you think there was a great period of quality in between 2009-2019. Really unsure what point you're trying to make. Jordan Brand has been trash quality for its entire existence. It seems hard to admit, but outside of the original shoes (which still had more quality issues than any other shoes I owned in the 90's) this brand hasn't offered anything quality since 1999 and you're here debating two trash eras? LOL

You the only one mentioned dates.

If you think JB has been trash from jump, you’re wrong, but entitled to your opinion.

I really don’t care.

Seems like you just wanna argue anyway, do ya thing, sis.

You the only one mentioned dates.

If you think JB has been trash from jump, you’re wrong, but entitled to your opinion.

I really don’t care.
What era of great quality are you talking about then? We can go down the line from the mid 00's to present and find all kinds of terrible quality in a variety of categories.

Nike's overall quality has nosedived over the past 20 years. It's a race to the bottom on cheapest production, cheapest materials, synthetic materials, highest margin possible. It is not about quality. It is not about listening to consumers. It's about driving consumers to fork over money for garbage and buy more of it the next day/week/month.

There may be some releases better than others, but Jordan has had some of the worst quality in the marketplace for all but a few years of its existence. No idea what point you're trying to make. How about some of those polyurethane 7's from 2011? Or some pleather 8's in 2013? Terrible pleather 5's.

If you're going to make a point about quality, at least provide some context to when it existed after Michael Jordan retired.

What era of great quality are you talking about then? We can go down the line from the mid 00's to present and find all kinds of terrible quality in a variety of categories.

Nike's overall quality has nosedived over the past 20 years. It's a race to the bottom on cheapest production, cheapest materials, synthetic materials, highest margin possible. It is not about quality. It is not about listening to consumers. It's about driving consumers to fork over money for garbage and buy more of it the next day/week/month.

There may be some releases better than others, but Jordan has had some of the worst quality in the marketplace for all but a few years of its existence. No idea what point you're trying to make. How about some of those polyurethane 7's from 2011? Or some pleather 8's in 2013? Terrible pleather 5's.

If you're going to make a point about quality, at least provide some context to when it existed after Michael Jordan retired.

I told you idc dawg. U taking it too serious for me, writing paragraphs.

The fact they are making the shape better on these makes me want to pass even MORE, cause it’s clearly a troll job. Nike will literally give us ANYTHING EXCEPT what we actually want, and I will no longer buy releases just because. I am much more selective now, and yall should be too. If you truly like these more power to ya but I will never buy a bred 4 that isn’t made with material as close as possible to the original.

What’s next? Reimagined Playoff 11’s with suede/nubuck instead of patent? 🤮

903d5e23ff82d0247cd5c6c15ea2387020c8da48.gif

I told you idc dawg. U taking it too serious for me, writing paragraphs.
So you have no point. You can't find a good quality period years ago that is now gone.

P.S. The old "paragraph" retort is the laziest stuff on here. You said something completely false, I called you on it.

I knew those jackasses at Nike/JB would pull a fast one on the shape. It's pass annoying at this point.

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

Anyways, if they look like the pics zsneakerheadz posted, I'm out. If they look like the pics xsnkrs posted, I'll cop.

Air-Jordan-4-Retro-Black-Cement-1999-Product+.png

IMG_6423+.png

^^^^^
This shape is very 1999ish, IMHO. Shape wise, but not overall build wise. I need to see more pics, but hopefully we get this.

:emoji_100:

Comparison pic makes me want them even more.

The fact they are making the shape better on these makes me want to pass even MORE, cause it’s clearly a troll job. Nike will literally give us ANYTHING EXCEPT what we actually want, and I will no longer buy releases just because. I am much more selective now, and yall should be too. If you truly like these more power to ya but I will never buy a bred 4 that isn’t made with material as close as possible to the original.

What’s next? Reimagined Playoff 11’s with suede/nubuck instead of patent? 🤮
Please don't give them any ideas, a sample already exists :lol: :sick:

ezgif-1-005d7288f0.jpg

Please don't give them any ideas, a sample already exists :lol: :sick:

ezgif-1-005d7288f0.jpg

See like these are hard just as a sample. If they were to gr these I wouldn’t have anything to say because a proper retro already exists.

Can’t say the same for the 4. They been fumbling since the 99s and now they’re getting cute with gimmicks no one asked for.

If they nailed the 2019 retro like they were supposed to these would be fine and just an alternative to a classic shoe

Air Jordans from the 80s and 90s were never meant for durability. Thats the purpose of a yearly drop. They were meant for instant comfort out the box. We all as kids remember when we beat them till the outsoles had holes in em. Most of us back then who were interested at all were active in some way. So within a years time they were toast. They make the shoe more stiff nowadays for a durability purpose knowing these are not going to get the same traction they once did when we were kids.
OG were soft, durability compromised.
Retros are stiff, comfort compromised.
Almost impossible to get the best of both worlds in this situation. Quality of the originals are always going to be subjective depending on how you wore them. I had to make a shoe last a school year. So between outdoor basketball, football, recess, bike riding, and chasing girls around, my shoes didnt have a chance after a years worth of wear. But they were always comfortable as hell. But beat as hell at the same time. Were not doing these type of things in our retro versions.

Air Jordans from the 80s and 90s were never meant for durability. Thats the purpose of a yearly drop. They were meant for instant comfort out the box. We all as kids remember when we beat them till the outsoles had holes in em. Most of us back then who were interested at all were active in some way. So within a years time they were toast. They make the shoe more stiff nowadays for a durability purpose knowing these are not going to get the same traction they once did when we were kids.
OG were soft, durability compromised.
Retros are stiff, comfort compromised.
Almost impossible to get the best of both worlds in this situation. Quality of the originals are always going to be subjective depending on how you wore them. I had to make a shoe last a school year. So between outdoor basketball, football, recess, bike riding, and chasing girls around, my shoes didnt have a chance after a years worth of wear. But they were always comfortable as hell. But beat as hell at the same time. Were not doing these type of things in our retro versions.

Well said. Same experience for me. And they go even more comfortable with wear. It was actually a great relief and more enjoyable once I got past the "shoot, I got scuff" phase; still enjoyed putting them on EVERYDAY until they were dead, or I grew out of them.

Probably also helped that we all looked forward to the next year's model, and NO ONE wanted last year's, so keeping them pristine held absolutely no value. And no one wanted a fresh new/2nd pair; we wanted "the new Jordan".

Back
Top Bottom