Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Exactly. He was coming off like one of these kids who grew up on the 2012 shape and thinks the updated features are new for the sb. At the end of the day I enjoy his channel but very surprised at how he missed the mark with his breakdown on these
He included this '89 picture in the review and missed out 🙆🏾‍♂️
20240123_141439.jpg

Don't know what these pictures have to do with my question, but what MJ is wearing in the pictures you posted doesn't look like the 2019s in material nor in shape. I stand by what I said in that 89/99 , 2019, and reimagined are all 3 different shoes. 2019 has different material and shape. 2024 has similar shape, but different material.

I've seen this shoe in person and on TV since '89.
20240123_031541.jpg

I sold my DS 19's for the high, going to buy a pair of these instead and wear them. Wish they weren't leather but oh well.

Staying true to my original stance. Military Blue only for me.

Don't need these Motorsports.

Resale will automatically be $300.00 - $500.00, of course depending on sizes. Dont let all of the hate that we're seeing online, and on ig about how everybody hates the change from Nubuck/durabuck to leather fool you. 1. it's a 4, 2. OG Colorblocking, 3. Imp

Improved shape, etc. Everybody, including the people complaining with their families are going to be trying to double up the 17th. The White/Cement 3,s were way easier than what this release is going to be, watch and see.

Resale will automatically be $300.00 - $500.00, of course depending on sizes. Dont let all of the hate that we're seeing online, and on ig about how everybody hates the change from Nubuck/durabuck to leather fool you. 1. it's a 4, 2. OG Colorblocking, 3. Imp

So you're saying resale on these gonna be equal to or higher than Lost and Founds?

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 2.40.51 PM.png

Doubt it. They not gonna sit in the slightest. But they also not gonna be the most difficult shoe to get.

All that stuff you talking about "its a 4" (4 hype dying already. Couple pairs already sat last/this year). "OG color blocking" is something these kids don't care about. The people in sneakers who care about "OG" this and "Mike wore it" that are old heads with responsibilities. The kids who run "the culture" these days was born in like 2005. That stuff doesn't influence their purchasing decisions. All they care about is "resale potential" as dictated to them by shoetubers

Even the 2019 version didn't go crazy on the aftermarket until all the pandemic ballers circled back around to them in 2020-2021

This is going to be one of those releases where OG buyers, the cats hyped over 4,s, general collectors, and the impulse buyers who don't really want these, but just want to see if they can hit, along with bots will be out for these.

You can tell by all of the complaining, along with the love they get. It feels like an 11 OG is about to release with all of bickering, debating etc about this shoe. If it was so much of a weak shoe, then nobody would be talking about it or worried about it.

This is one of those, it's better than what I thought, mad i slept on that release type of shoes. The people who get them will be satisfied, the people who pass them up, will always look at them and wonder and think if they should've gotten them.

All that stuff you talking about "its a 4" (4 hype dying already. Couple pairs already sat last/this year). "OG color blocking" is something these kids don't care about. The people in sneakers who care about "OG" this and "Mike wore it" that are old heads with responsibilities. The kids who run "the culture" these days was born in like 2005. That stuff doesn't influence their purchasing decisions. All they care about is "resale potential" as dictated to them by shoetubers
I’ll tell you this much, my two kids that were born in 2006 and 2008 respectively have been bugging me about this pair since thanksgiving. Old heads and kids alike have interest in these. These arent gonna be as easy as some folks think.

Im not comparing these to lost and found,s. Also, how many pairs of Lost and found 1,s were made? It's not a million pairs of these reimagined 4,s made. Its 500,000, which 200,000 of those pairs will be sold on SNKRS. 50,000 will be sold on the shock drop. So that means only 150,000 pairs will be sold on release day on SNKRS.

Take into consideration how it's alot of backdooring going on with retailers right now as we speak. We're talking about thousands are being backdoored at this moment by resellers who are plugged in. Ill even go into say that alot of people are going to have to pay resell prices. That's for the cats who really want these. Like i said, it's not a million pairs of these made like a December 11 release.

So ask yourself this, between the backdooring along with the active bots on release day, yall really think this is going to be a cake walk. Resale prices might not be on L&F level, but it's not going to be easy for everybody that actually wants a pair. Id agree with you if resellers weren't as bad as they are today.

All of this online chatter about not liking the leather on these, are going to have the majority of the people who actually want these on release day highly confused. Hopefully resale prices wont be that bad, but alot of people better be prepared to pony up the extra dollars if need be.

He also said something about 2019 being the most true-to-og retro of the black cements. Cmon bro. First 3-4 minutes of that video was tough to watch but he knows his stuff for the most part. Just surprised to see him of all people spewing nonsense.

Are you saying the 2012 was closer to the original (with a jumpman on the heel)? Or the '99? Either of those clearly superior to the 2019 in your eyes? I could be wrong, but I think almost everyone was pretty thrilled with the 2019 when they released, and we only really saw them in a lesser light when they started doing the tongues and toe shape better very recently.

I'm just hoping some Crocs or Stanley cups are coming out around the same time to distract resellers. Just need one pair to wear, realistically, though a 2nd pair to "stock" is very tempting.

These, eggplant 4s, and KD 4 Galaxy's in the span of like 3 days. Nike is NOT playing :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom