Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

How many of you who hit on the shock drop haven’t had your pairs picked up by UPS yet?
*Raises hand*

A label was finally created Friday night, and Saturday morning they updated the status to a delivery expectation by 2/14, but the actual status is still "ready for carrier pickup."

Hmmm… I’m entered in 11 big box store raffles plus SNKRS day of, should I cancel my AMM raffle? Should I keep it for safe measure? I don’t really want to pay shipping and wait 3 weeks for a pair.

Always gonna prefer the Durabuck over anything else. Still ok to like these though. Still ok to like the 2019 as well.
Thing is the 2019 bred 4 isn’t even durabuck. It’s a hard cheap a** nubuck that they used. Folks are just calling it durabuck but it’s definitely not. Never cared for the nubuck on the 2019s. They should’ve used the same material from the 2019 Blk/Infrareds or the last Aqua 8s. That material was a perfect representation of acceptable durabuck for this day and age.

Thing is the 2019 bred 4 isn’t even durabuck. It’s a hard cheap a** nubuck that they used. Folks are just calling it durabuck but it’s definitely not. Never cared for the nubuck on the 2019s. They should’ve used the same material from the 2019 Blk/Infrareds or the last Aqua 8s. That material was a perfect representation of acceptable durabuck for this day and age.

This is why 2024 > 2019 is a legit take. Neither are close to OG materials but at least the 2024 shape is 👌🏿.

I agree but it was prob better.. if you have DS or near DS 2019 BC's, you'll notice the material is stiff over time and feels a lot like 2019 VI's.

i know someone is going to take sand paper to these and do what folks did to the court purples
1707756730271.png

They're barely above retail on the resale market before the drop. They should be easy enough to get for those that really want a pair.

You know, so often this isn't true. Usually people say this stuff, I check my size (thirteen gang) and it's like double retail or something comical. But you're right. Out of the last 5 sales, two of them were for below $200.

Makes 0 sense to get these and then sell them for less than you paid, when you're clearly in the return period, if you're a normal person. If you're a reseller who got their hands on 12 pairs and you'd rather eat the losses than head to the store with your tail between your legs, then you're selling these at a loss.

So, more product available for real people?
Resellers trying to price gouge people but instead losing money and time?
"Cook groups" and bots one step closer to moving on to some other thing to price gouge people on?

fpy.gif

You know, so often this isn't true. Usually people say this stuff, I check my size (thirteen gang) and it's like double retail or something comical. But you're right. Out of the last 5 sales, two of them were for below $200.

Makes 0 sense to get these and then sell them for less than you paid, when you're clearly in the return period, if you're a normal person. If you're a reseller who got their hands on 12 pairs and you'd rather eat the losses than head to the store with your tail between your legs, then you're selling these at a loss.

"Cook groups" and bots one step closer to moving on to some other thing to price gouge people on?

fpy.gif
Yeah right…

fpy.gif
Understand that POV if you wait months.

If you're looking to scoop soon after the drop, it don't matter the shoe, you stand a better chance of getting it lower than it will eventually settle at.

Taking the WC3s last year as a personal example, they were at 230-240 for a long time after release - they're now in the 340 region. I'm 12.5 gang. I managed to get the Black Phantoms for less than they're going for now. Not cheap (500) but cheaper than current.

If I really want these and miss out, I don't think I'm gonna get taxed much more than 240-250 if I act early, which isn't so bad.

I'm not gonna watch that YT video, but I remember someone on reddit calling out a resell platform (can't remember which) for receiving fakes of gratitude 11's. Only to find out that the outsole was more yellow because it came from the SZ factory. At least goat is willing to take returns for credit if you think there's something wrong with it. Run it through legit app and if it comes back fake, contact CS. I think goat has always been pretty decent with their customer service. I will say I've had a few hiccups with goat, but they've always provided good communication and returns if there are flaws or wrong product.

It’s the same materials 😂

Well actually the Blk/Cement 4 is closer to the heel portion of the Infra 6s.
IMG_4935.jpeg
IMG_4937.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom