Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Thing is the 2019 bred 4 isn’t even durabuck. It’s a hard cheap a** nubuck that they used. Folks are just calling it durabuck but it’s definitely not. Never cared for the nubuck on the 2019s. They should’ve used the same material from the 2019 Blk/Infrareds or the last Aqua 8s. That material was a perfect representation of acceptable durabuck for this day and age.
Bro they haven’t used actual durabuck on a Jordan since 1993 💀

72945656347__A176D509-A010-468E-A98B-D6A0359B032E.jpeg

72945715355__49E60D46-1668-44D0-9D99-E599160CA417.jpeg

Said in an earlier post that my pair was supposed to be delivered the day after release. It can happen but it didn't with this release. They are scheduled to arrive today (6 days after drop). Not the worst but will be better once they are in hand.

I can confirm my pair from GOAT was indeed fake based off this video… What’s crazy is, I stood by GOAT the whole time during the StockX debacle.

After the debacle that was the Gratitude 11 release, I'm going to fall back on copping early from GOAT, or Flight Club. Although it was proven that the shoes were real and from the overseas batch. The crap I went through to finally determine it's authenticity was insane, not to mention I felt stuck having those piss yellow soles. So I ended up buying another pair on release day from DTLR. Eventually I sold them at cost, because I don't need two pairs and didn't plan to wear them after seeing the US release pair in person. At the very least, moving forward try going through ebay. At least you can see the actual shoe and you know exactly how it's There is too much uncertainty dealing with these resellers.

It’s the same materials 😂

Well actually the Blk/Cement 4 is closer to the heel portion of the Infra 6s.
IMG_4935.jpeg
IMG_4937.jpeg
Definitely not the same material. That’s why the grey edges show up on 6s and they don’t on the 4s. This is a clear example to my point. It’s the whole main reason folks had to manually draw edges on the 4s because the black nubuck material lacked that detail. I thought this was known.

Definitely not the same material. That’s why the grey edges show up on 6s and they don’t on the 4s. This is a clear example to my point. It’s the whole main reason folks had to manually draw edges on the 4s because the black nubuck material lacked that detail. I thought this was known.
Finishing the edging is more expensive and considered a better cut. It’s more a modernization in material cost and production than trying to cut corners. And those 6’s aren’t using durabuck. As I said it’s been dead for 30 years on J’s. Nike literally bought the manufacturer to get the material off the market.

Nike still calls synthetic nubuck durabuck because they own the trademark but it’s not the same material and likely never will be. Hasn’t appeared on a Nike shoe since about 94-95.

Bro they haven’t used actual durabuck on a Jordan since 1993 💀
Man you know what I mean. That’s why I said durabuck of today’s day and age. The stuff they’ve used in recent years when they try to replicate OG durabuck. This material was used on ‘19 blk/infrared 6, 2015 Aqua 8s and 2015 Bordeaux to name a few off the top of my head. ‘19 Bred 4s did not have this. They went with nubuck again.

Man you know what I mean. That’s why I said durabuck of today’s day and age. The stuff they’ve used in recent years when they try to replicate OG durabuck. This material was used on ‘19 blk/infrared 6, 2015 Aqua 8s and 2015 Bordeaux to name a few off the top of my head. ‘19 Bred 4s did not have this. They went with nubuck again.
I think you’re reaching that the material on the 2019s is noticeably different. Hell, I even just compared 2012s to 2019 and there’s basically no difference in the nubuck. It’s all cheap crap.

Finishing the edging is more expensive and considered a better cut. It’s more a modernization in material cost and production than trying to cut corners. And those 6’s aren’t using durabuck. As I said it’s been dead for 30 years on J’s. Nike literally bought the manufacturer to get the material off the market.

Nike still calls synthetic nubuck durabuck because they own the trademark but it’s not the same material and likely never will be. Hasn’t appeared on a Nike shoe since about 94-95.
Bro I never said they were using OG durabuck and I’m very aware of all that you’re say here about the history of durabuck and Nike. I think you’re missing my point all together.

I can confirm my pair from GOAT was indeed fake based off this video… What’s crazy is, I stood by GOAT the whole time during the StockX debacle.

I called it man, sorry that happened to you. I've bought many times from goat and never had an issue. I got 2 pairs on the guava 4s and odd noir 4s. Hoping they clear.

They don’t show up on either. Do you even own both pairs?

Back
Top Bottom