Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

I remember in the Flint 13 thread some dude was talking about how his "boy" hooked him up and only charged him like $30 and GAS money.....and I told him that ain't really a boy and he got so butt hurt. Meanwhile I hooked up complete strangers for literal retail

A friend of mine had a falling out with one of his sneaker buddies over the Galaxy Foamposites.

They both would look out and help each other on almost all releases like buying for one another if one missed out and not charge extra or anything.

Galaxy Foams release and my friend couldn't get time off of work but his sneaker buddy took a trip to I think another state or upstate NY and ended up getting two pairs of Foams or something like that.

My friend thinking he gonna hook him up or whatever and he ended up reselling the Foams for the going rate at the time which was like $1800 or more but it was a lot.

My friend got salty his sneaker buddy did that and I think they had a falling out and stopped messing with each other. I tried to tell him you can't be mad bro that's $2000 profit compared to regular little GR releases of Jordan's they would look out for each other for.

I normally hate material changes on og classics but they knocked these out the park, quality is best I have seen on jordan shoes in decades

These are going to be my everyday pair going forward

IMG_4609.jpeg

The entitlement of some people that expect to get things free/retail cost just cause thats your boy :rolleyes

I understand where you're coming from, but also it depends on your relationship with said person.

My friend in Cali it don't matter what the profit would be I never charge him on anything.

Some of my friends here in NY I wouldn't either, but if I can make thousands of dollars then I would probably take the profit.

My friend in Cali would probably tell me to take the profit.

It also depends where and how you're doing in life also. I'm saying this as someone who's doing okay for himself and make good money, but a young teenager might have been broke looking to make a profit.

I'm surprised I was able to hit on 3 pairs (Champs, Hibbett and SNKRS. (2 for me and 1 for my son)
I couldn't get at least 1 of the WC 3's last year. I ended up paying resale for those.

IMG_2844.jpg

Always a story when it comes to sneakers. I haven't bought a pair of Jordans since the 2018 Black Cement 3's. I randomly got the Shock drop notice for the Playoff 8's and it's been on since. I hit on the 8's, the Cherry 12's, both shock drop and release day Gratitude 11's. So I had a feeling I was going to take a L on these and so I did, lmao.

I even had other ppl but in raffles for me but no wins so I said F it and bought them on Ebay while the resell was still "low". See this is what I love about the sneaker community and the people who are really into this for the love and not the monetary gain. A few weeks ago I bumped into one of my old sneaker homies and he happens to work at Snipes. He told me if I ever needed a shoe to just let him know. This release though, he wasn't going to be at work till after 3pm. So I pretty much took that as a lost, another reason why I bought them on Ebay. Anyway, Long story short. Towards the end of the day, as Im walking out the house to make a store run. My friend hits me up to say he got my size 10 waiting for me, they found an extra pair. You wanna talk about perfect timing? lol. I was going to throw him a $20 for the look out but he declined. We go way back, talking bout 05-07 when it was just a small community of us out here in Jersey that was into sneakers like that. Felt good to just walk into the store and grab my pair with no issues like how it used to be back in the day. I don't really ever double up on a shoe but my intentions was to always double up on this release. If there was ever a shoe to have an extra pair of, this is the ONE!!!!!

A lot of yall is missing my point. My cousin has to pay over retail to get the shoes from the person at the store.. so he already losing money.. then he charges me a lil bit of money .. he usually charges way more to others .. but as long as he is getting me the shoes I’m good. I don’t have to worry about if they fake or not and all the other BS these ****’s come right from footlocker or DTLR with receipts

A lot of yall is missing my point. My cousin has to pay over retail to get the shoes from the person at the store.. so he already losing money.. then he charges me a lil bit of money .. he usually charges way more to others .. but as long as he is getting me the shoes I’m good. I don’t have to worry about if they fake or not and all the other BS these ****’s come right from footlocker or DTLR with receipts
Usually charges way more than a few bucks over retail for what shoes?! It ain’t 2020 anymore 😂

A lot of yall is missing my point. My cousin has to pay over retail to get the shoes from the person at the store.. so he already losing money.. then he charges me a lil bit of money .. he usually charges way more to others .. but as long as he is getting me the shoes I’m good. I don’t have to worry about if they fake or not and all the other BS these ****’s come right from footlocker or DTLR with receipt.

It’s worth paying a little extra for peace of mind sometimes.

Nah I get it. From the cousin's perspective he's gotta cover his own cost and he's already paying over getting it backdoored. Is what it is, and a lot of these hyped releases, it's worth the money to not have to spend the time instead.

A friend of mine had a falling out with one of his sneaker buddies over the Galaxy Foamposites.

They both would look out and help each other on almost all releases like buying for one another if one missed out and not charge extra or anything.

Galaxy Foams release and my friend couldn't get time off of work but his sneaker buddy took a trip to I think another state or upstate NY and ended up getting two pairs of Foams or something like that.

My friend thinking he gonna hook him up or whatever and he ended up reselling the Foams for the going rate at the time which was like $1800 or more but it was a lot.

My friend got salty his sneaker buddy did that and I think they had a falling out and stopped messing with each other. I tried to tell him you can't be mad bro that's $2000 profit compared to regular little GR releases of Jordan's they would look out for each other for.

I gotta go find my post cause I remember making it on here...I had a friend I always held down and always declined the extra he tried to give me. The one time I needed his help, he couldn't come through. As one sided a relationship you can have. Told dude I wasn't gonna do it for him anymore and he still had the nerve to ask a few times after till he got the picture. Lot more that goes into that story. He was a bad friend outside of just sneakers too

lol leg work, I'm to damn old to put in leg work for a shoe. I went on SNKRS 9:59 and was pending at 10:00. That should be enough to buy a pair of shoes.
I said the same thing, but these are the exception. It’s usually online or just— ended up paying a little extra on offer up and got a second pair at champs from an unclaimed batch of stock. First time in a mall in years.

Back
Top Bottom