Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Nope. It will make the leather crack faster. Unless you’re planning on painting it with something else afterwards, I’d think it would be a bad idea
I think he was just referring to the pair on the previous page and removing the tumbled leather with acetone like that dude did

Y’all curing your pairs in acetone when they come in???
Someone did already….
IMG_7191.jpeg
IMG_7192.jpeg

Yooo cooljazz cooljazz lol

You took it back with the Black Laser 4's wow.

That was the kicks that got me to actually start reading in threads and posting asking questions on NT instead of only just lurking.

They dropped on my birthday in August 2004 I think it was and man I was going hard trying to secure a pair for retail or where to even go with no luck. That was also one of the first sneaker release where people was withholding info on NT in the thread.

I actually ended paying resale for the Black Laser 4's and still have them deadstock somewhere. That was first, and last time and most I paid resale for some kicks. I paid $420 for them from a dude from online, a complete stranger and I paid with a money order. I thought I got scammed and was preparing to take the L and they showed up at my parents house. I was so happy and looking back I can't believe I didn't get scammed bro. I remember dudes name and all of that Pan was his name.

That was really good of you to do that and help people out with that release major props to you. I found out after that they released at Niketown NY and I called ahead and asked and they said no they are not getting them. You're a good person, but not everyone out there is a good person and just looking out for themselves.
Peace bro! I appreciate that. That was a chaotic release that ended up being a scavenger hunt. (NYC, Chicago, and LA received most of the stock.) The leg work was driving around instead of calling a bunch of stores. I had to manage my minutes because I only had free nights and weekends. A lot of major cities did not even get them. And the stores that got them only had one per size. I have never had an issue helping people once I completed my mission. I know everyone does not move the same, but back then it wasn't considered the shoe game, it was a sneaker community. Ish changed after the DMP. My plug wanted me to come to the hood at midnight and wait in a line that was full of d boys and surrounded by wolves. The next day, I was one of the first people in the mall. The employees at every store backdoored every pack. Someone from Solecollector offered me a pair for $396 a couple days before they dropped. (I politely declined) The seller ended up flipping them for $700.

How’s the edge work terrible? You buggin
It’s overly white. It was never painted white like that 🤣 makes it look like the shoe is reverse stitched it’s that bad. And the leather looks terrible. At least add the matte coat. By all means if you want your $230 shoes to look like that, go for it! Look like dirty undies rubbed all over reps

That was really good of you to do that and help people out with that release major props to you. I found out after that they released at Niketown NY and I called ahead and asked and they said no they are not getting them. You're a good person, but not everyone out there is a good person and just looking out for themselves.
Yeah, theres some selfish people out there calling their greed “hustling”. Good to read stories about how people used to help out.

The embossed tumble looks much better to me. Even if he wanted to give it a smooth appearance, the matte effect looks bad.
I like them, a lot. I realized after I peeped what he did, I don’t mind leather as long it’s smooth and matte. I may try, it gives the true durabuck look honestly.

Back
Top Bottom