Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Not mine but very interesting
IMG_4985.jpeg

I guess I'd have to see and feel that modified shoe up close to know what to think. It's unfortunate a lot of people seem to think the lines they add should be white, though. Really they should be gray. I added them to my 2019s with a colored pencil and it works and looks great. Only downside is that it mostly comes off when you clean them, so you have to reapply the lines.
Anyway, I was at a mall today and finally saw these things in person (only small sizes left). Even though that tumbled surface is apparently a fake finish, I like how it looks and feels to the touch. Definitely a unique material for a retro Jordan, unless it's been used before on something that I'm forgetting or never saw for myself.

It’s overly white. It was never painted white like that 🤣 makes it look like the shoe is reverse stitched it’s that bad. And the leather looks terrible. At least add the matte coat. By all means if you want your $230 shoes to look like that, go for it! Look like dirty undies rubbed all over reps
Maybe it's age, but my 89 pair looks pretty light and almost white.
Screenshot_20240218_214603_Instagram.jpg

The raw edges on these looks blue, throws em off. Whatever dyes they used gives it a bluish, grey tone. Might grab a second pair to play with.
chrome tan leather base, the most standard type of tanning process, cross sections gives it a blue-ish hue. Nothing special.

Durabuck is synthetic nubuck, therefore the cross section color is different than genuine leather.

Original fans are still chasing original Jordans. The greatest reason to be a part of Nike talk. Love it.

For anyone who never saw/felt the OG material, it was hugely different from today’s version. It was soft but nothing like suede or faux suede. And you could see the grain in it out of the box, just like on that pair above. And it seemed to almost have an oily finish to it, though it wasn’t something that came off or got on your fingers. It just looked almost moisturized. The smell was good, too 🤣
Overall it seemed like a premium material when you put it next to normal black-leather Nikes of the time.

Back
Top Bottom