Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Screenshot_20240219-003049_Gallery.jpg

I would like to believe that these were hard to get and a lot of non-sneakerheads had to bend over and take an L.

Hitting on the shock drop doesn’t feel special if everyone got a pair on release day
They can make four million for all I care. Being able to get pairs for retail is nice. We just came out of the dark ages during the pandemic when seemingly every GR was an instant sellout. We’re getting back to the pre-2020 times in terms of Jordans being available and that’s a good thing.

Last edited:
For anyone who never saw/felt the OG material, it was hugely different from today’s version. It was soft but nothing like suede or faux suede. And you could see the grain in it out of the box, just like on that pair above. And it seemed to almost have an oily finish to it, though it wasn’t something that came off or got on your fingers. It just looked almost moisturized. The smell was good, too 🤣
Overall it seemed like a premium material when you put it next to normal black-leather Nikes of the time.
Grain? It was literally plastic coated synthetic fibers. What grain do you speak of? I remember vividly they felt like rubbery felt. I had them, when I was 10. When the plastic coating wore off, they looked like cotton balls 🤣

Grain? It was literally plastic coated synthetic fibers. What grain do you speak of? I remember vividly they felt like rubbery felt. I had them, when I was 10. When the plastic coating wore off, they looked like cotton balls 🤣

What? I had tons of Nikes using that material from the time I was 13-18, at least. The “grain” I’m talking about is clearly visible in the above pics of that OG pair, and in the original black and white print ad for the 5s. They did not feel “rubbery” or cheap. We can just agree to disagree on this. (I’m not disputing that when they got beat, the white underlying material could become visible. I’m also not saying it was actually a premium material, but it was a nice material to look at and feel until it got beat, which is what we all did to shoes back then.)

What? I had tons of Nikes using that material from the time I was 13-18, at least. The “grain” I’m talking about is clearly visible in the above pics of that OG pair, and in the original black and white print ad for the 5s. They did not feel “rubbery” or cheap. We can just agree to disagree on this. (I’m not disputing that when they got beat, the white underlying material could become visible. I’m also not saying it was actually a premium material, but it was a nice material to look at and feel until it got beat, which is what we all did to shoes back then.)

Usually grain is in regards to leather, I guess I misunderstood. But as far as quality goes, people hold some OG Jordans to an unreasonable unrealistic high level quality standard. 4s definitely wasn’t it. 1s, 2s and 3s sure, but not one single OG 4 used quality materials. Even the white cement was durabuck.

Usually grain is in regards to leather, I guess I misunderstood. But as far as quality goes, people hold some OG Jordans to an unreasonable unrealistic high level quality standard. 4s definitely wasn’t it. 1s, 2s and 3s sure, but not one single OG 4 used quality materials. Even the white cement was durabuck.

For sure. My point was, the original Durabuck was a long freaking way from the stuff used today. Like, not even close. That was basically it. It’s all good, brotha.

I got my pair from SNKRS and I'm disappointed about the shape compared to your pairs.
Actually the toe box is even worse than my 2019 (same size, 8,5 US).
If it wasn't from SNKRS, I would be sure it's fake...!
Do you think it's just bad luck or it could be possible to have a different mold for "overseas pairs" (I'm from Europe)

IMG_2466.JPG

IMG_2456.JPG

I got my pair from SNKRS and I'm disappointed about the shape compared to your pairs.
Actually the toe box is even worse than my 2019 (same size, 8,5 US).
If it wasn't from SNKRS, I would be sure it's fake...!
Do you think it's just bad luck or it could be possible to have a different mold for "overseas pairs" (I'm from Europe)

IMG_2466.JPG

IMG_2456.JPG
Can you post a photo of the size tag?

The entitlement of some people that expect to get things free/retail cost just cause thats your boy :rolleyes
Fax. I'm not paying 280 to get you some Jays at retail :lol: foh my real friends and fam wouldn't even let me do that

Looks like I'll be paying somebody extra since I boofed out and overslept the release :smh:

Tried these bad boys on they feel pretty decent, I have a pristine pair of the 2019 pair but I’m not sure what to do. I cooked one pair of the ‘19 pairs I had tho. Really it ain’t even cooked I just let it sit out and the grey around the toe turned yellow

I don't know and that's what I'd like to know....

The pair isn't bad and I like it but it's really not the same toe box that all the pairs I see here.

I'll say it now, SZ has the worst toe box shape. The guy whose pair came from Kangaroo County was also SZ. That pair from UK snkrs is also SZ with boxy shape.

Back
Top Bottom