Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

How is the comfort on these?
I’ve never had the SB’s. Are they improved over let’s say cool greys? those are not great for an all day wear. Just trying to decide if I should pick them up after missing out a few spots for retail.

Comfy for sure

BFA1BEC8-808A-4A99-873A-E5E99B0EA4EF.jpeg

I’m still sitting on order confirmed from DTLR. No shipping, no tracking. Nothing else. Size 11. Am I gonna get screwed?
My Dtlr order arrived today

Shipped the day of release

Had no order label paper in the box. Idk what’s up with your order. I would’ve given Monday a pass since it’s a holiday but no update would have me worried too

How is the comfort on these?
I’ve never had the SB’s. Are they improved over let’s say cool greys? those are not great for an all day wear. Just trying to decide if I should pick them up after missing out a few spots for retail.
These are really comfortable. Not SB comfortable but comfortable.

IMG_9246.jpeg
IMG_9245.jpeg

I removed the sheen off the leather on my pair using isopropyl alcohol and i sanded the edges using a dremel. I didn’t flatten the leather out completely and the tumble is very subtle. Also the slight creasing is because i tried my pair on already and wore them around the house already. My friend is the one who used Acetone on his pair that went viral and gave me the idea. I may double up on these and keep that pair stock as a backup
Plot twist it will get like this with age anyway maybe

I have plenty of black 4s. Multiple union off noirs.

A local reseller wants my off noirs for his bred 4s. Thinking about doing it. It's better than the resale shop which wants me to add $200 on top.

A lot of these resale shops are surviving only because people are stupid and only get their sneaker “info” from social media. It’s not gonna last for a lot of them, in my opinion. This aint the height of covid, as we know.

True story: I was at my local mall over the weekend not even for shoes. I happened to pop into Footlocker just to look around and one of the younger sales associates started talking to me. Right next-door to Footlocker is one of those mall resale shops that have popped up and this kid told me that people come into Footlocker and literally ask if Dunks and certain other shoes on the shelf are fake because they don’t understand why they’re only $115 or whatever when the shop right next door is selling them for $300 or whatever. Gdamn people are morons. But when a good chunk of your sneaker store business model is based on people’s stupidity, I wouldn’t be too confident of that lasting. Especially as sneaker resale and hype seems to have died down in general when it comes to the masses.

Just been through a heck of roller coaster for this release today.

So my guy at FL couldnt secure me a pair, and by the time i reached the store, there was a line. Long story short, i couldnt get any. But i managed to get a pair of sz 10 (im usually a sz 10.5 aj1s) from JD since theres a surprise restock as a trade bait.

I contacted several resellers and agreed on trading my sz 10 pair +$20 for a sz 10.5 and proposed for a meet up. But when i inspect the sz 10.5, the toe box on the right pair was smooth, while the left pair was textured. It instantly reminded me of someone in the thread a few pages back lol

I manage to get a hold of another reseller that have 3 pairs of sz 10.5 for me to choose from tomorrow. Wish me luck guys1

A lot of these resale shops are surviving only because people are stupid and only get their sneaker “info” from social media. It’s not gonna last for a lot of them, in my opinion. This aint the height of covid, as we know.

True story: I was at my local mall over the weekend not even for shoes. I happened to pop into Footlocker just to look around and one of the younger sales associates started talking to me. Right next-door to Footlocker is one of those mall resale shops that have popped up and this kid told me that people come into Footlocker and literally ask if Dunks and certain other shoes on the shelf are fake because they don’t understand why they’re only $115 or whatever when the shop right next door is selling them for $300 or whatever. Gdamn people are morons. But when a good chunk of your sneaker store business model is based on people’s stupidity, I wouldn’t be too confident of that lasting. Especially as sneaker resale and hype seems to have died down in general when it comes to the masses.

I've wondered how these stores stay in business in these dinky-a** malls. The one in the Caesar's Forum Shops is understandable. But... isn't the rent high for mall space?

I think releases like this is why JB will never die and keep hooking us time after time :lol: Black cement 3s will be chaos once again.

Convinced LN3 is the best factory.. every pair of cement 3s I have are damn near perfect and they all came from that factory… my bred 4s shock drop was LN3 and compared them with the LN4 pair I got from DTLR and it’s night and day different

This is true. Was at a Footlocker once and saw a kid that was literally disappointed to be in a Footlocker. Mom let him get any pair he wanted. He didn't care. He just wanted to buy off StockX🤦🏿‍♂️. Had another instance where I was at Nike store and kids thought kicks on the hash wall were fake because they were on sale🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️.

So now I'm waiting for these to get in hand so I can get a cheaper resell pair myself when the undercutters start undercutting 😂

Back
Top Bottom