Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Most people said these ran roomier or bigger? I didnt feel that on my initial try on. Comfort wise and plush yes these are a bit more comfortable, but length and width wise these are the same imo. Almost felt like I could of went a half size up for a more relaxed fit.

1708539581953.png

here i was dissapointed my dsg had flatter leather vs my JD ostritch pimple tumble at least they aint come like this homeboys pair:stoneface:

If they got these from Nike or someplace official, these are worth a lot, aren't they. IDGAF about resellers, but I recall seeing one-off manufacturing errors like that being considered rare and getting a high price on like ebay. But maybe there was some other wrinkle that had an effect.

That business model is definitely on its last leg. Only a handful of releases per year are in high demand at this point.

Saw this coming in 2008-09 before Nike decided to really start raising their prices damn near almost yearly to cut into the secondary market. It was just a matter of time.

Now that Nike and retailers are charging damn near $240-250 per pair after taxes and shipping, Nike has accomplished their goal of taking that resell profit away from the consumer

Pre-2008 I'd say, if a reseller sold a Jordan Retro that retailed for $150-160 at a resell price of $250+ which was very common at that time, resellers would be making anywhere from $80-$100 profit per pair, easily. Now, you'd be lucky to make $10-$40 if someone resells at GOAT, StockX, OfferUp, Craigslist, Ebay, consignment, etc.

By increasing the retail price $5 dam near every year since 2010, Nike has taken all that secondary market profit and shoved it up it's own xxx while smiling all the way to the bank and we the consumers are still buying them up left and right without a care in the world.

The joke is on us at the end of the day cause we keep buying :lol:

IMG_9246.jpeg
IMG_9245.jpeg

I removed the sheen off the leather on my pair using isopropyl alcohol and i sanded the edges using a dremel. I didn’t flatten the leather out completely and the tumble is very subtle. Also the slight creasing is because i tried my pair on already and wore them around the house already. My friend is the one who used Acetone on his pair that went viral and gave me the idea. I may double up on these and keep that pair stock as a backup

Looks good

My pair from Footlocker delivered today. Initial thoughts:

19s are getting cleaned up and put in a display case

My right pinky toe finally has room

Definitely feels bulkier on foot

I wonder if anyone would try a laser custom on these, that’s the only alteration I’d consider.

For those with '19s and after trying on the Reimagineds, dont your toes feel more cramped since the toe is sleeker, resulting in less wiggle room?

Back
Top Bottom