Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

These comparison pics are nice but the reimagined pair shown does not represent how most pairs look.

Either way--and I really like these FAR more than I originally thought I would, I am happy to admit--even the super-slanted pairs we've seen some people post still aren't right if we're comparing to the OGs. It's not just about toe angles, it's the overall proportion and geometry of the shoe, as it pretty much always is when comparing modern retros with OGs. These reimagineds have made a good step forward, especially compared to what we got with IVs for so long, but they're definitely not a 1989 replica in that regard.

This is an actual eBay listing picture, wtf.. 😂

IMG_2571.jpeg

"Worn by Travis Scott himself!" :rofl:

Everything about this made my day :rofl:

My son's pair from hibbetts was confirmed lost in transit from a rep. Gonna refund me back. Get home from work today and there's a package with a hand written label. Opened it up and it's the shoes. They left a note that it was missing label or torn. Guess I got me a free pair. This is the second time I order him shoes and receive a free pair, nike sent me a double pair of reverse grinches back in December. The final boss almost got me.
20240227_185434.jpg

What's funny is that I bet this kid's name is actually Travis Scott, which is why he put "Worn by Travis Scott himself."

Smart idea but kid ain't foolin nobody but himself.

No way that kid wears size 11. It’s probably his older brother or dad who thinks it’s funny.
I’m more amused that whoever it is thinks they can get $400 for a pair, especially a worn pair. Looks like another example of people who know nothing but think every shoe is worth a fortune.

It's not just about toe angles, it's the overall proportion and geometry of the shoe,
Maybe its just the overall bulkiness this release has that makes me like them so much. The hieght of panels/cuts match up to the 2019 but it still just appears different in shape greatly.
In 89, the durabuck was thick as hell, similiar to these. Maybe thats it. Not putting one release over the other but these appear very close to 89.

People who doubled, tripled, or quadrupled up.. try on your pairs... 4 of my pairs have the dang right pinky toe issue.. so f'n annoying.
I already know which factory these shoes are from.

Please inform the community which factory is responsible for these 4 crammed toe monstrosities. The people deserve to know.

Last edited:
I already know which factory these shoes are from.

Please inform the community which factory is responsible for these 4 crammed toe monstrosities. The people deserve to know.

3 are LN3 and 1 is LN4. The rest of my pairs don't have that issue which is a mix of LN3, LN4 and LNM.

3 are LN3 and 1 is LN4. The rest of my pairs don't have that issue which is a mix of LN3, LN4 and LNM.
Just as I expected.

The exaggerated narrow toebox is a terrible look aesthetically and ergonomically.

Yes, I’m aware that the specific pair below has that hideous needle thin toebox.
1709091930315.jpeg

(Photo from Sneaker History)

But the ideal and superior 4 silhouette is supposed to have some bulk to it which LNM accomplished this release. Here’s what a vast amount of LNM and several LN4 pairs look like, refer to the OG’s to the left and disregard the 2019’s.
1709092170244.jpeg

(Photo is from Weartesters/Nightwing2303

THIS THE LAST ONES I PROMISE 😈

Attachments

• 20240227_234115.jpg
    20240227_234115.jpg
    545.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 20240227_232616.jpg
    20240227_232616.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 374
Maybe its just the overall bulkiness this release has that makes me like them so much. The hieght of panels/cuts match up to the 2019 but it still just appears different in shape greatly.
In 89, the durabuck was thick as hell, similiar to these. Maybe thats it. Not putting one release over the other but these appear very close to 89.

I hear you and I really dig these, but you can see in the comparo vid with the OGs how clearly different they are. Doesn’t matter what factory the reimagineds come from, the baseline specs make them noticeably different from the originals. But like I said, they’re still sick and WAY better than every IV retro since ‘99. Only the SBs are on the same level, but I have no interest in those because I hate the colorway.

Either way--and I really like these FAR more than I originally thought I would, I am happy to admit--even the super-slanted pairs we've seen some people post still aren't right if we're comparing to the OGs. It's not just about toe angles, it's the overall proportion and geometry of the shoe, as it pretty much always is when comparing modern retros with OGs. These reimagineds have made a good step forward, especially compared to what we got with IVs for so long, but they're definitely not a 1989 replica in that regard.

I completely agree. They are acceptable but nothing close to the feeling when I got the og back in school.

Back
Top Bottom