Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

I have family and friends who are educators, and I can tell you that everything is significantly different now compared to before. Bullying has become more intense and extends beyond the school grounds with the influence of social media and online gaming. Instead of empowering teachers, parents often devalue them and even resort to threats of physical harm if their child is disciplined. Teachers find themselves constrained, whether due to political reasons or other factors. When people reminisce about "back in my days," they often overlook the vast amount of information and confusion that exists today. They didn't have access to the same sexually explicit materials, discussions, or classes. When schools reached out to parents back then, not only were teachers empowered to discipline students, but parents would often reinforce that discipline at home.

This all day. It's never their child's fault. I had a kid screwing around in one of my 8th grade classes, and I had to say something 5 separate times. After the 4th time, I turned around took 2 steps away, and he went right back to doing the thing I'd just told him not to do. I ended up yelling at him, and he started crying. That night I got a text from my principal saying she got an email and wanting to know what was going on. Read the email and this kid's dad had the story completely wrong because the kid only told him part of it and his friends lied for him. He was demanding I apologize to his kid and if I didn't, he'd "come up to school and we'll settle this like men." Ended up calling him the next day and telling him what actually happened. He accused me of lying, and no matter what I said, he was still taking the word of 2 13yo boys over mine. The kid eventually admitted to my side of things being correct, but dad is still plenty pissed at me. A couple years ago, I busted the older brother trying to make a pronhub account on a school device, and it was not that child's fault either. They gave every excuse in the book. "He got hacked." "Somebody off campus did it." "Another student did it as a prank." All evidence showed the kid did it, but they fought us on it.

1709173320140.gif

2nd pair just came in. I see what ppl are saying with the different factories 🤣. Shoe on the right is LN3 factory, I been wearing them almost everyday since release and shoe on the left is LNM factory. Noticed the difference soon as I took them out the box but It is what it is. Most def would have liked my 2nd pair to have that slimmer toe box but I’m happy and blessed to even have a 2nd pair to keep on ice….

D46E8240-3363-428D-B85B-6AA3FE0D2079.jpeg

EB8C22F9-1B1A-44B5-A620-12762782FBAF.jpeg
LN3 got the sleeker angled toe shape but LNM got thicker leather cuts interestingly... Any chance of a full pic of both shoes?

LN3 got the sleeker angled toe shape but LNM got thicker leather cuts interestingly... Any chance of a full pic of both shoes?
Oh ok, thanks. I haven’t been following the thread enough to know the full details on what’s what but now that you mention it I see what you’re saying.

9B95E7EC-43C5-44DE-BF42-230E674BDE78.jpeg

I notice the thicker cuts around where the laces start.
AF903076-77EC-40A1-AEA8-C9F64F5696CF.jpeg

2nd pair just came in. I see what ppl are saying with the different factories 🤣. Shoe on the right is LN3 factory, I been wearing them almost everyday since release and shoe on the left is LNM factory. Noticed the difference soon as I took them out the box but It is what it is. Most def would have liked my 2nd pair to have that slimmer toe box but I’m happy and blessed to even have a 2nd pair to keep on ice….

D46E8240-3363-428D-B85B-6AA3FE0D2079.jpeg

EB8C22F9-1B1A-44B5-A620-12762782FBAF.jpeg
Yikes .. it's not even a debate at this point. Ln3s are money...that top down view would kill me with the lnms 😂

Did your 3’s tab start gettin frosty? 2011 a good amount of time. These are 2018 I think & the frost got em lol.
IMG_1482.jpeg
No. Mine are kept in a cool dark room with those moisture absorbed containers. I had a lot of ogs in an indoor storage unit. Learned my lesson. They came out cracked and falling apart. Mine surprisingly have started to glitter similar to the retro 1s. The tabs and everything else looks good. Sale is pending on them now. Dude wants to go to a consignment shop to verify authenticity. Legit check app kept coming up inconclusive. Smh. Don't blame him. It's easy to get got with all the reps. I have fell victim way back in the day. I'm actually worried about this $260 pair of LNM reimagined 4s.

2019 vs 2024 on foot
IMG_9141.jpeg
IMG_9185.jpeg

IMG_9175.jpeg

IMG_9168.jpeg

IMG_9174.jpeg

I love my 2019’s, but the shape on these 2024’s kill em off rip. Comfort and durability is a major bonus. 2019’s being nubuck is the only thing saving them by staying “true” to the OG’s.

If these 2 exact pairs were presented to me at the same time, I’d take the 2024’s based off shape alone.

Attachments

• IMG_9174.jpeg
    IMG_9174.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9168.jpeg
    IMG_9168.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_9175.jpeg
    IMG_9175.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9183.jpeg
    IMG_9183.jpeg
    234.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9141.jpeg
    IMG_9141.jpeg
    300.1 KB · Views: 310
Theres too much sneaker resale influence and it has such an effect on this culture to the point that people choose to use bots to secure them. Most of the bot users resell or trade. And maybe a few use bots for personal purchases. And there’s so much in store drama from dealing with shady employees, back dooring, friends and families, bulk buyers, and ofc resellers. I hate to say the more this goes on the more I may just find other things in to be interested in.

We as a small minority appreciate the history and nostalgia because we were a part of those times. At least everyone who is like 35-36 and older. Anyone under this age range, I would think have less and less appreciation for these things. Albeit some exceptions may apply. And the younger they are the more they don’t have a connection to it. They have a connection to the profit making. And since they don’t always respect the elders, they like to clown some of the older heads. They check out stockx and shake their heads if you are rocking something “expensive”. Or they say you too old for that.

We was raised off this, not you.
The disregard to 90’s kids is disrespectful lol.

Local ftl got a late shipment and I didn’t even know till I got home. Someone mentioned it on a fb group. Damn, was just at the mall picking up my kd galaxy pair w from shoe palace and didn’t think to check ftl since it’s on the other side of the mall. Oh well, just gonna be happy with what I got

2019 vs 2024 on foot
IMG_9141.jpeg
IMG_9185.jpeg

IMG_9175.jpeg

IMG_9168.jpeg

IMG_9174.jpeg

I love my 2019’s, but the shape on these 2024’s kill em off rip. Comfort and durability is a major bonus. 2019’s being nubuck is the only thing saving them by staying “true” to the OG’s.

If these 2 exact pairs were presented to me at the same time, I’d take the 2024’s based off shape alone.
One aspect that often goes unnoticed and isn't frequently discussed is how the red is tucked behind the tongue in the '24. In my opinion, it adds a level of appeal and style that surpasses the '19 model.

I'm still here. Almost kicked the bucket last year. I was asleep in the passenger seat when the driver had a head on collision with an 18 wheeler. To many injuries to list but I'm still here! Modern medicine is amazing...1 more brain surgery hopefully on the 1st. Would be my 5th brain surgery alone.
Wow, that's a truly tragic accident. However, it's somewhat comforting to know there's a positive outcome. While the primary focus is on achieving a full recovery, which may be unlikely, it's important to pursue both insurance claims and compensation. I understand this comes second to health, but don't settle for less than what you deserve.

Back
Top Bottom