Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

My right foot measured right at 10 on a brannock device. D width, on the wider side of the scale.
Size 10 was perfect for me. Just enough space in front of my big toe and wide enough that my pinky isn't screaming for help. Very comfortable sneaker imo

Last edited:
🙄 I'm using "suede" interchangeably

Maybe I'm getting too old, but I'm over all of that nubuck/durabuck talk. I've had OG J's back in the 90s so I've had my fix. Today, as long as the shoe somewhat resembles the OGs, I'm cool. I don't need a 1:1 match lol. Like I said before, people in real life aren't looking that hard. We're the only one's who sit and examine every minute detail of shoe that we probably won't even wear until 12 months later lol. It's not that serious.

I do care about the shape, but it isn't a dealbreaker for me.

To each their own, as always. I also don't need 1:1, because otherwise I'd never buy anything. But I do need either shape or materials and overall appearance to be close enough that they appeal to me enough to give me the nostalgic feeling I'm after when it comes to retros. I don't give a rat's *** if a single other person on the street notices shapes or materials, that's never been the point for me. And when the retros are different enough that I don't feel like it's really the same shoe as it was originally, I usually get no satisfaction from owning/wearing them. That's why I sold my pairs of the 2016 WC IVs, even though it's one of my all-time favorites when done in its proper form. But I certainly understand that not everyone feels the same or even cares that much.

Can someone please answer my sizing question? Do these run big kind of like the re-imagined IIIs?

I'm an 11 in the reimagined III and an 11.5 in these. IVs have always fit me a tad smaller than the III lengthwise.

My right foot measured right at 10 on a brannock device. D width, on the wider side of the scale.
Size 10 was perfect for me. Just enough space in front of my big toe and wide enough that my pinky isn't screaming for help. Very comfortable sneaker imo

This is why the size talk is always a challenge LOL. I'm an exact 11 on the Brannock device and usually just stick with that in everything. But I went 10.5 in the WC IIIs, and they fit perfect. On these IVs, I'm almost between sizes from 10.5 and 11. I sold my sz 11s and went 10.5, and I prefer the 10.5 because something about the shape of my narrow feet gave me just a bit too much empty space in the toe. But I could've stuck with the 11 and been fine. I still have more than half a thumbnail's width of space in the toe on these size 10.5s, though, and width isn't an issue for me because of the shape of my feet.

Today is my first time wearing these! Man, these are night and day compared to the 2019 pair. These are mad comfortable! I notice these are a tad bit roomy in the toe box area, which isn’t a bad thing. I really like these! I’m wearing the retro 89 sweatpants with them too.

IMG_6355.jpeg
IMG_6354.jpeg

To each their own, as always. I also don't need 1:1, because otherwise I'd never buy anything. But I do need either shape or materials and overall appearance to be close enough that they appeal to me enough to give me the nostalgic feeling I'm after when it comes to retros. I don't give a rat's *** if a single other person on the street notices shapes or materials, that's never been the point for me. And when the retros are different enough that I don't feel like it's really the same shoe as it was originally, I usually get no satisfaction from owning/wearing them. That's why I sold my pairs of the 2016 WC IVs, even though it's one of my all-time favorites when done in its proper form. But I certainly understand that not everyone feels the same or even cares that much.

This is why the size talk is always a challenge LOL. I'm an exact 11 on the Brannock device and usually just stick with that in everything. But I went 10.5 in the WC IIIs, and they fit perfect. On these IVs, I'm almost between sizes from 10.5 and 11. I sold my sz 11s and went 10.5, and I prefer the 10.5 because something about the shape of my narrow feet gave me just a bit too much empty space in the toe. But I could've stuck with the 11 and been fine. I still have more than half a thumbnail's width of space in the toe on these size 10.5s, though, and width isn't an issue for me because of the shape of my feet.
I appreciate when people incorporate foot shape into the discussion because that helps and is typically the reason why most of us go up or down a size or stay TTS. I was going to pass on this release because the only 4s that work for me in the modern era are the Union 4s. Something about the build agrees with me in a way other 4s don't. Being a wide footer, hearing other wide footers report that these were TTs and fit way better than 4s typically fit, is the only reason I copped.

Being a wide footer, hearing other wide footers report that these were TTs and fit way better than 4s typically fit, is the only reason I copped.

I think that explains why I'm able to go down .5 in them, which I certainly didn't feel like I could do in, say, the fire red IVs. If the shape of these means wide footers find them true to size, then it follows that my more narrow feet have enough breathing room to accommodate the .5 downsizing. And as mentioned, they're certainly long enough that the slight shortening from going down half a size doesn't impact me.

IMG_1222.jpeg

Got this for a refunded pair that never shipped, doubt they’ll still send it out but who knows what the hell they do anymore :lol:

I think that explains why I'm able to go down .5 in them, which I certainly didn't feel like I could do in, say, the fire red IVs. If the shape of these means wide footers find them true to size, then it follows that my more narrow feet have enough breathing room to accommodate the .5 downsizing. And as mentioned, they're certainly long enough that the slight shortening from going down half a size doesn't impact me.
I think insoles are a great option in between sizes. A little thicker than what Nike gives you and also cuts down on creasing.

How does Topstar work? I got notified that I'm part of it. They sent me some welcome package that's just been sitting around.

Basically, they'll notify you every 3-4 months that you have a "collection" available. It's usually a list of like 20-30 shoes of varying popularity/value, all at retail pricing. Most should have a FSR. They go live on Friday mornings and you have 72 hours where are allowed to buy one pair from your collection.

Back
Top Bottom