Jordan IV Military Blue - May 4, 2024

I believe there was one particular lyric in 2003 that catapulted the shift away from jerseys. And it wasn’t Jim. But like with everything, the trends themselves never start in the music or with the musicians. They just get amplified by them. Jerseys and baggy clothes were way over saturated and destined to end regardless.
You may be right about Jay-Z's wave with the button-ups and blazers but that was very short-lived and at the same time it was still baggy clothes.

Jim's whole wave was fitted clothes, this ended baggy clothes and all of the other stuff I mentioned earlier.

1710876498221.png

I don't think anyone is giving Jim credit for anything.

We realize that not knowing who Jim is says a lot about the current state of people into sneakers NOW.

Even Brendan Dunne and Welty know who Jim Jones is. :lol:

Ballin was a HUGE hit back then. Id say people woudve atleast heard of him from that. "Oh the dude with the Ballin song?"

Maybe if all of the FuLl SenTenCes were about the ****ing thread topic and not the bull**** that's been discussed for the past however many pages, professor 🤓
I feel like there was a topic maybe 6 or 7 years ago in response to some Complex article about the “gentrification of sneakers” that was widely panned for a few pages from people on both sides of the issue and then faded away.

These days this board is a ghost town and I think most dudes stick to the threads of the shoes they follow. Then the kitchen sink comes out.

I'm 40. I'm a British Asian.

When I was a kid, the black Gs in school dropped the kicks and fits the best. I'd definitely say that was my biggest influence for cultivating an interest in kicks; there was a particular trend of missing out every other hole when lacing up the shoe which was straight gangster in them days. Black folk were seen as cool.

Over the years my style and taste in sneakers has been shaped by my own mind and life direction but I wouldn't be here, how I am, if it weren't for that early exposure.

We knew who Jordan was but there weren't no cable back in those days. I didn't see him play. So it wasnt MJ that put me on. Besides, football (soccer) was our/my thing.

Life, age, settling on my own style has since shaped my fashion/sneaker sense.

The shoe that put me on was the Reebok Workout Plus. I swapped a Royal Rumble handheld LCD game with my best friend as a 9 year old to wear his Reeboks for a couple of nights. I got beat by my pops when I went home and tried to hide them overnight. 🤣

Last edited:
Extra threads like this only get locked for some reason. I tried years ago in the past but it got shut down. Everything in here has to stay on topic. But the funny thing is, it never does. JB thread should have one. imo.

Troll of the year if JB gives us the raised vamp on the GS pair and not the mens. That’s a bigger deal than the toe color to me. But I don’t believe that pic is real.

Back
Top Bottom