Jordan IV Military Blue - May 4, 2024

Can someone explain something to me please.
The Reimagined 3's, the initial post was submitted almost a year prior to the official release which is about the same timeline as this current thread.
That specific thread is running on 620+ pages and still going yet even though this post is almost the same length (as in age of initial post between release date) as that, we're sitting at 76.
I thought a lot of people were waiting for these.

I'm not complaining though cause I'm trying to get these on the low.
you cannot compare white cement 3's to military blue 4's. you just cannot lol

This seem accurate?

IMG_7785.jpeg
nike really were on some bull **** with the 2006 and 2012 pair. to completely rip off the variant mesh style from the fake shoes back in the begining of the millineum was appaling.

This, It's crazy to watch and see how much people still complain about the retros of TODAY. Because I was around for the 2003 - 2012 retro dark ages, which kind of eased up around 2013 -2015. The improvement is seriously paramount, and historical in the advance department of retros today. I remember the times when you bought a Fired Red 3,s, and after a few days of wear, the midsole paint started cracking immediately. It was bad enough that they never wanted to put Nike Air on the back, but the materials were extra trash, so much, that certain reps had better quality over them.

I have nothing to complain about from 2013, with the og 1,s retros going forward, till now. Because I definitely know at any time within the next 3 to 5 years, Nike/Jordan Brand can go backwards in the time machine, and take away the Nike Air off of the OG,S. And then proceed to give us trash quality retros for another unknown 10 years again. While everybody will be up on this message boards, talking about how good we had it from 2013 - 2028.

After they reimagine more certain og Colorways from 3 - 10,s, they can easily go back to the trash era. It would be perfect to do, because everybody would be pissed off, while waiting on them to go back to given us what we all want once again.

This, It's crazy to watch and see how much people still complain about the retros of TODAY. Because I was around for the 2003 - 2012 retro dark ages, which kind of eased up around 2013 -2015. The improvement is seriously paramount, and historical in the advance department of retros today. I remember the times when you bought a Fired Red 3,s, and after a few days of wear, the midsole paint started cracking immediately. It was bad enough that they never wanted to put Nike Air on the back, but the materials were extra trash, so much, that certain reps had better quality over them.

I have nothing to complain about from 2013, with the og 1,s retros going forward, till now. Because I definitely know at any time within the next 3 to 5 years, Nike/Jordan Brand can go backwards in the time machine, and take away the Nike Air off of the OG,S. And then proceed to give us trash quality retros for another unknown 10 years again. While everybody will be up on this message boards, talking about how good we had it from 2013 - 2028.

After they reimagine more certain og Colorways from 3 - 10,s, they can easily go back to the trash era. It would be perfect to do, because everybody would be pissed off, while waiting on them to go back to given us what we all want once again.
I can’t speak for anyone else but minute they start bringing trash quality retros like the 2006 military blue 4 or low cut patent leather 11s again….they won’t be getting my money anymore.

Nike’s recent MO has been these big, publicized undertakings to recraft or remaster their retros, but they let them slip over time. I imagine they’ll do the same with Js. They just can’t sustain the QC needed to keep every model to OG spec with their vast catalog. It’ll never go back to 2006-2014 overnight, but quality will dip before being made a point of emphasis (with another price hike) again. We just have to pick our spots.

If Nike had kept the same level of attention to detail that they had for, say, the 2015 Aqua 8s, I feel a lot of retros would have been better off in the last 10 years. Instead, we've gotten some standout releases (the aforementioned Aquas, 2019 Black Infrareds, 2022 Cardinal 7s, etc) but there are others that still have yet to fix all that was wrong with them in their previous release.

Damn didnt even realize we are coming up on 10 years since the last Aqua retro. How long do 8s usually last when you wear em?

Fool me once shame on you…

Damn didnt even realize we are coming up on 10 years since the last Aqua retro. How long do 8s usually last when you wear em?
I've been wearing the same pair that I got on release day and so far they've been holding up just fine. They do suffer from paint chipping on the part of the sole with the abstract design on it, but besides that and the usual creasing, the midsoles are still firm. 8s are tanks as long as you wear them. I actually need to start wearing my VNDS pair soon now that I think about it. Not sure how the currently used closed cell polyurethane holds up at the 10 year mark but I'd rather not find out in the worst way either.

Yeah my pair looks fine, but Id rather unload them before the problems start. I should be good untip they annouce the next retro. Hopefully those come with the OG 8 box like the last Playoff retro.

I don’t have the 15 aquas but if they’re made with the same brick cell structure of these ‘23 playoffs, then they should last longer than previous releases.

It’s pretty cool that they’re releasing 5/4 which was the same date they dropped the blk/cement colorway (5-4-2019).

My shock drop pair finally shipped I was getting a lil worried. I still have PTSD from the Flint 13 shock drop.

If Nike had kept the same level of attention to detail that they had for, say, the 2015 Aqua 8s, I feel a lot of retros would have been better off in the last 10 years. Instead, we've gotten some standout releases (the aforementioned Aquas, 2019 Black Infrareds, 2022 Cardinal 7s, etc) but there are others that still have yet to fix all that was wrong with them in their previous release.
Nah the quality has been MUCH better since 2022. Most of 2018-2019 is garbage. So many well done OG retros since 2022. Pretty much all of them have been the best retro of the shoe in the past two years. 2015-2016 quality isn’t that great, especially on 1’s.

Nah the quality has been MUCH better since 2022. Most of 2018-2019 is garbage. So many well done OG retros since 2022. Pretty much all of them have been the best retro of the shoe in the past two years. 2015-2016 quality isn’t that great, especially on 1’s.
Glitter gate

I get you. That's why I singled out the Aqua 8s specifically. Those were exceptionally done and almost a perfect retro when compared to the original 1993 release. I was saying that Nike should be coming with that level of attention to detail with every OG retro. I didn't mean that EVERY pair from 2015 onward has been great. But yeah, in the last few years OG retros have definitely gotten even better.

The Infareds, 10s, and Concord/Playoff 11s and black toe 13s were all great retros.
“Great” is all relative. We can cherry pick some we personally love but most of the “remastered” period aren’t accurate to the OGs or improved in enough ways to call them great. Black toe 13’s are a top 5 shoe for me all time and there’s really nothing improved in that last retro over the previous one. Neither used real leather, the shape isn’t as good as last year’s playoffs.

They made the XI shape better 8 years ago but Dec 2022 - present is arguably the best span since 99/00 in terms of accuracy, construction and comfort of OG colorways and that will be even stronger by the time the year ends.

I wouldn’t take an earlier wearable retro of anything OG since the cardinals came out. Even the construction of the L&F’s is far superior to the 2015 Chicagos, let alone those boxy 2016 Breds.

Back
Top Bottom