Style Code: DN1772-060
Release Date October 25, 2022
Price: TBA
Jordan Luka 1
Color: White/Fire Pink-Dynamic Turquoise
Style Code: DN1772-164
Release Date: December 27, 2022
Price: TBA

So are the ones he wore the release colorway? Photo Blue/White-Black-Glacier Ice?

therealest1 therealest1 can you put the colorways and dates in the original post?

These are OK for some signature shoes, but not spectacular. I think they're worth it on markdown if you don't have some dark color shoes and have a need for some. I'm going to stick with classic retro Jordans with colors that match the Mavericks colors to wear with the Luka Doncic jersey I have instead of these signature shoes.

I will say it out loud: I am disappointed in the shoe. I mean, JB brought out all the stops for Zion with Air Strobel+Zoom stack but Luka gets none of the goods? Don't get me wrong, of course a good foam can beat a bad Zoom unit in a shoe but still, they give us not one but two new "gimmicks" for a new signature athlete with the new foam compound and some kind of next evolution of Eclipse Plate?

Looks are great, I give them that!

Like always, gonna wait for some of the reviews before making any decisions buying these.

ldfront.JPG

Too many sigs out here. The main line annual jordan model has been consistently one of the best looking sneakers on court for years. Even though they’ve been held back by this having to have elements from whatever came 30 years prior that they’ve done since the 31 IMO. The retro elements have been the worst aspects of each of these models. 31 would’ve been better without the swoosh (and huge jumpman), 35 would have been better with a different tongue, and 36 would have been better without the spoiler. Designs over at JB are putting in work and the marketing team is holding them back.

Too many sigs out here. The main line annual jordan model has been consistently one of the best looking sneakers on court for years. Even though they’ve been held back by this having to have elements from whatever came 30 years prior that they’ve done since the 31 IMO. The retro elements have been the worst aspects of each of these models. 31 would’ve been better without the swoosh (and huge jumpman), 35 would have been better with a different tongue, and 36 would have been better without the spoiler. Designs over at JB are putting in work and the marketing team is holding them back.
Performance basketball sneakers, especially at higher pricepoints are not selling well. There is little/no casual appeal so marketing is probably trying to push designers into incorporating it but it really can’t be done very tastefully since performance uppers don’t really lend themselves anywhere as well as leather uppers do for casual wear.

I like them alot. Might get them to play in this summer even tho i only play ball like 3 months out of the year.

Performance basketball sneakers, especially at higher pricepoints are not selling well.

This explains why it's so easy to get GT Cuts, Jordan 36s, mb.01s, clyde all pros, Curry 9s, Kobes, etc. (these are just some of the shoes players are wearing in the GSW-Denver game right now).

So yeah, no, performance basketball sneakers are selling like crazy. I wear a size 13. Find me a size 13 GT Cut on a retailer (not reseller) website right now. Find me an mb.01. Find me multiple curry 9 colorways in my size. Find me the price of some Kobe protros is on a reseller website to where I am unable to find a 70-inch television I can buy for cheaper.

Sorry, I know you were just trying to make some random point, but as someone who plays basketball in performance basketball sneakers, and is on it for most releases and still missing out on a good number of these shoes, I have to politely disagree with you :lol:

Performance basketball sneakers, especially at higher pricepoints are not selling well. There is little/no casual appeal so marketing is probably trying to push designers into incorporating it but it really can’t be done very tastefully since performance uppers don’t really lend themselves anywhere as well as leather uppers do for casual wear.
I’m so sick of this argument. There was a time when the masses thought patent leather and mesh couldn’t be worn casually. MJ himself called black/red 1s ugly when they released. People buy plastic Kobes like Turbo Man. Flyknit took over the world when it came out. If the shoe is good it will sell.

I’m so sick of this argument. There was a time when the masses thought patent leather and mesh couldn’t be worn casually. MJ himself called black/red 1s ugly when they released. People buy plastic Kobes like Turbo Man. Flyknit took over the world when it came out. If the shoe is good it will sell.
ehh I just don’t think synthetic upper laden performance basketball shoes are in style anymore. Retro has completely taken over the streetwear market.

Back
Top Bottom