Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

For those of you who have painted the liner and tongue with just paint and water, are you guys having any problems with flaking or paint coming off/fading?

And does anyone here use gac900 or any fabric medium?

I used the Gac900 method.

For those of you who have painted the liner and tongue with just paint and water, are you guys having any problems with flaking or paint coming off/fading?

Using Gac900, I noticed a day later it looked a bit faded on the sockliner, but not on the tongue. Honestly, no one will be looking into your shoe when you're wearing it. Unless you're OCD about it, you should be fine. If not, just add another coat after it's all dry and see if it'll darken up.

I used the paint/water method. You do get a bit of fading with it if you only do 1 coat. Suggest putting 2 or even 3 coats just for the hell of it. Ive never had any flaking tho

Do you think a darker green might do it for the sole or is it too late?

It's probably not too late to try. But it's too late for me to try, I'm not ordering from Angelus again, I hate paying for shipping. Besides, they look fine to me now, would have preferred the darker soles but it is what it is.
You can find an Angelus authorized retailer in your area. If you still in the 718 hit me up for the location of the place I go to in the 212...

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I used the gac900 method but was wondering if it really made that much of a difference compared to the water and paint method. I've heard both sides being good and bad for different reasons. My main concern is when you are wearing them will they end up rubbing off on your ankle area and sock. I didn't paint the whole inside black since I'll be wearing these rather than display

Had to return my Laser 4s back to Nike today after I noticed the sole was partially separated at the back. If they don't refund me for some BS reason I'll be heated.

Looking forward to getting these customized soon...going to pick up a second pair with the Laser 4 money. Hopefully.

Putting the finishing touches on my Royals. They turned out well! Can't wait to throw them on. I wore my Frags to the mall and got a few complements and turned heads. This dude said did I know how much my shoes were worth on eBay. If he only knew. Lol

Thanks guys. I used the gac900 method but was wondering if it really made that much of a difference compared to the water and paint method. I've heard both sides being good and bad for different reasons. My main concern is when you are wearing them will they end up rubbing off on your ankle area and sock. I didn't paint the whole inside black since I'll be wearing these rather than display

it will fade very lightly depends on how many coats you do..it wont rub off on your clothes tho

It shouldn't fade anymore than after drying and flaking/bleeding won't happen. You should be fine.

So I'm soooooo bummed Im JUST finding out about this thread.  I didn't know there was this much love for laser 1's.  They've been one of my favorites since they released.  I got my first pair for $114 shipped. I got my second pair DS for $117.  I'm looking to get a 3rd pair, but prices are creeping up now that the stock is drying up.  

So I'm soooooo bummed Im JUST finding out about this thread.  I didn't know there was this much love for laser 1's.  They've been one of my favorites since they released.  I got my first pair for $114 shipped. I got my second pair DS for $117.  I'm looking to get a 3rd pair, but prices are creeping up now that the stock is drying up.  
Theres maybe more love for the laser 1s as a base shoe for customization. Im not so sure as for how much love there is for the shoe on its own. Im sure some ppl like it. I honestly would not wear it the way it is. Ugly colorway IMO. Only good for customizing is my view on it

Last edited:
Theres maybe more love for the laser 1s as a base shoe for customization. Im not so sure as for how much love there is for the shoe on its own. Im sure some ppl like it. I honestly would not wear it the way it is. Ugly colorway IMO. Only good for customizing is my view on it

Interesting opinion. I still stand by the fact that if laser 1's initially retailed at $140-$160 then we wouldn't be having this convo. I just think people weren't ready to pay that much for a non-classic, higher priced color way out of the gate. To date it's the most expensive remastered 1 BEFORE resell value. Personally, I've liked the look of them since I saw them in 2014. The clear sole and 3M swoosh with the remastered leather is a thing of beauty on and off feet for me. I usually don't like what the crowd likes though so maybe I am in the minority.

Last edited:
Tbh depending on the size I'd say yes. I can't figure out if the price is rising due to stock being lower or if everybody is grabbing them to customize now.
Specifically size 8.5. But scratch that, just copped off of Project Blitz for $130 + ship & tax. Came out to around $152.

What do you think skikking angelus matte and just finishing up with krylon straight up?? 

View media item 1618084Wings were tough. I gave up on them but may come back later. Finished putting the matte finisher on and it definitely made the plain paint more polished looking. O well. Maybe I'll try not to use any on my next one. Frags were tough. I envy those who did royals and breds.

Wings were tough. I gave up on them but may come back later. Finished putting the matte finisher on and it definitely made the plain paint more polished looking. O well. Maybe I'll try not to use any on my next one. Frags were tough. I envy those who did royals and breds.
Going off that photo, your wings look fine. I do not recommend skipping the angelus finisher because it protects the paint. Lots of people use krylon matte spray after the finisher with great results.

Here's my pair - top shoe has only the finisher with no matte spray, bottom shoe has the matte spray applied over the finisher.

View media item 1618084Wings were tough. I gave up on them but may come back later. Finished putting the matte finisher on and it definitely made the plain paint more polished looking. O well. Maybe I'll try not to use any on my next one. Frags were tough. I envy those who did royals and breds.

Frags actually should be harder then Breds and Royals, you have to be really careful with Frags around that white leather.

For all who did Frags, did you guys hit the white part with paint? I realized laser is a bit cream/off white compared to real frags. I also deglazed that part by mistake and looks more dull now. Should I paint white on it?

Frags actually should be harder then Breds and Royals, you have to be really careful with Frags around that white leather.

That's what I meant. Frags are harder but with a clean tape job in the white areas it made it a lot more stress free. Also helped not deglaze any of that area as well. My next one is either Chicago or shattered backboards. Maybe another frag haha

For all who did Frags, did you guys hit the white part with paint? I realized laser is a bit cream/off white compared to real frags. I also deglazed that part by mistake and looks more dull now. Should I paint white on it?

I didn't. I taped it first and the deglazed. I think in your situation you should repaint. Deglazing may have left your paint uneven on the finish.

Yeah paint it if you're OCD, but also since you deglazed it. If you look in the light, it doesn't fully match the white midsole, so you can tell that it's off white.

Are there fake Laser 1s out there? I'm thinking of hitting up ebay for a pair on the low but I'm also worried I'll get a pair of fakes.

Back
Top Bottom