Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

I just wrapped up my royals. They looks really good imo. I'm at work so no pics on me at the moment. Took about 4 nights on and off. Got my pair on the bay for 120 after I snipped it. Decided to go for it since I constantly make customs anyway and had some down time.

I personally think its cool that we can do this , but I don't think you should start going nuts with these customs. Some people are copping 10 pairs and making every hyped AJ1 in existence.

Trust me the OG feel and look of some of these retros are not even comparable to custom lasers. I just copped a pair of Shattered Backboards and the feel and just look of the shoe is bananas. I couldn't imagine a laser joint coming even close to this.  Same principle goes for my bred 1 , lance mountains and others. My custom royal are nice,  but it's not up to the same standards of quality , and nostalgia as the factory produced pairs. 

It's cool to an extent. Especially if your trying to avoid all this high resell values people are putting on most air jordan 1.  Don't abuse it though or eventually pairs of these will go for 200+ or even more on some bs. 

I just wrapped up my royals. They looks really good imo. I'm at work so no pics on me at the moment. Took about 4 nights on and off. Got my pair on the bay for 120 after I snipped it. Decided to go for it since I constantly make customs anyway and had some down time.

I personally think its cool that we can do this , but I don't think you should start going nuts with these customs. Some people are copping 10 pairs and making every hyped AJ1 in existence.

Trust me the OG feel and look of some of these retros are not even comparable to custom lasers. I just copped a pair of Shattered Backboards and the feel and just look of the shoe is bananas. I couldn't imagine a laser joint coming even close to this.  Same principle goes for my bred 1 , lance mountains and others. My custom royal are nice,  but it's not up to the same standards of quality , and nostalgia as the factory produced pairs. 

It's cool to an extent. Especially if your trying to avoid all this high resell values people are putting on most air jordan 1.  Don't abuse it though or eventually pairs of these will go for 200+ or even more on some bs. 
Woah, you lost me when you said the bred 1s had good quality.

Eh do you really think doing customs will increase the price for laser 1s?.... I really doubt that'll happen because of us. Let people do what they want. Most people on here are only doing 2-3 pairs. Idk where you got 10 from. 

Laser quality is better imo than most of these "hyped" shoes that are the inspirations. At least as far and royals and breds go. Let people make a whole collection of laser customs, means nothing to me.

Last edited:
Laser quality is better imo than most of these "hyped" shoes that are the inspirations. At least as far and royals and breds go. Let people make a whole collection of laser customs, means nothing to me.

Laser and SBB are tops with 1 quality in my opinion. Pics of frags just don't come close. I don't care how limited frags are, look like family 1's are even better quality than the frags

Repped and quoted for truth! People really try to put Breds and Royals on this pedestal. If Lasers were as limited as them they would be even more coveted! Do whatever the hell you want to do. They're your shoes spent with your money. This guy in my FB group has the Trinity and Frags and still made laser customs of each one

Well, I just made Laser Breds, and I have the produced pair as well, might actually like my Lasers more lol. I also have the Royals and wouldn't mind making one of those either.

Edit: @NIKESUX pretty much said what I wouldn't have a problem doing. I should have read before posting.

Last edited:
Any tips for a first time shoe painter?  I haven't painted anything since grade school :wow:   I'm looking to do a fragment colorway on one pair and shadow grey on another.  Should I start with the black portion of the shoe..or blue...or the tongue/liner?  Any other tips is appreciated.  

I went ahead and bought all the supplies including GAC900 a heat gun and a fine tip paint pen.  But I'm not sure if I want to use the GAC + heatgun method in fear of damaging the shape of the shoe.  It sounds like the 50/50 water mix is safer for this reason and no one has mentioned why GAC is better.

Just use your heat gun on the low setting and move it around.

Saw the HesKicks vid ... And actually took mochachip's advice of doing Blaze (from the collector's edition) instead of the Orange. The problem is the Orange has to much red and the SBB Orange has a more yellowish undertone -- which the cream has and probably why Hes's final turns out s little better. I'm doing a GS version of the laser board so I'll post the final version.

Looking forward to the pics.

It has 'sail' in the color description which has always been off white.

#Facts. It's the same color as in the bred jordan 1 low.

Not sure if folks know but there's a sneakerhead in the bay disco code at angelus direct: SiNTB. I believe it's for 15%.

Repped. Thx.

Laser and SBB are tops with 1 quality in my opinion. Pics of frags just don't come close. I don't care how limited frags are, look like family 1's are even better quality than the frags

#Accurate. People hate on the Lasers a lot and tbh it rly is b/c of price. It's the highest retail Jordan 1 aside from Pinnacles to date. Look at how at $120-$140 these fly off shelves.

I found a few more spots with $150 lasers in prime sizes but I'm waiting. Lasers rarely get mentioned in the quality talk and I know for a fact they're near the top in that category.

Well, I just made Laser Breds, and I have the produced pair as well, might actually like my Lasers more lol. I also have the Royals and wouldn't mind making one of those either.

Edit: @NIKESUX pretty much said what I wouldn't have a problem doing. I should have read before posting.

Pics?

Last edited:
i agree with you on that, the soles will be black and the only reason for the lack of black is because Lukes xwing suit and helmet had minimal black on it. and his boots were pretty much the only black
That's cool man. My preference would be to have a black swoosh to really set it off but you still have a great concept with what you have. As you can tell from my username, I love Star Wars to death.

Last edited:
That's cool man. My preference would be to have a black swoosh to really set it off but you still have a great concept with what you have. As you can tell from my username, I love Star Wars to death.
thanks for the kind words and i might change it up but the grey is in the suit more than black. Let me know if the sole makes it black enough or if i need more cuz i think it makes them much better...View media item 1634146

Took pics of both just now for reference. Throwing my Lasers on right now actually.

Green pair has about 5 wears on it so far. Definitely NOT wearing them like this ever. Just a pic.

And yes, both wings logos are done.
oh lord... is there really no way to get a better green sole? nice job on everything tho!

Unfortunately my "discovery" didn't work but I got complemented by several people. This one guy couldn't believe that they were once lasers and wanted me to do a pair for him badly. I might start down the road but I'm not really too comfortable being for hire atm. Gonna rock them to The Roots concert tonight

Last edited:
oh lord... is there really no way to get a better green sole? nice job on everything tho!

I haven't tried to make it darker after just mixing green dye and the sole bright and it came out like this. There could be a way, I'm just not privy to it. And I'll rock them just like this.

Last edited:
How many coats of krylon finisher did you guys use? Can it go on the sole?

Just stopped by micheals , they didn't have any good detail brush imo but a they ton of the finisher. Only 8 bucks with tax.

Back
Top Bottom