Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

the royal and varsity red cw.. Trying to match my stripped White LM so i can keep my Black LM on ice, i don't like to rock mismatch shoes
Wait if you're doing custom lasers, won't it still be mismatched with the LMs?

Anybody looking for Lasers: my local jimmy jazz had them at $109, didn't have them in my size. So i went to champs and they said they'll price match any store, as long as its in the same mall. BUT, the manager didn't want to discount any retros. So its worth giving a shot, depending on the manager if they'll price match or not.

Wait.. Won't your LMs still have the SB tag-so the shoes will still be mismatched, right?
I can buy the replacement NA tag and ask my local tailor to sew it in.. But lets not get in to that.. As long as the color of the shoe is roughly the same, then its all good.

Last edited:
Wanted to say that I love what you guys are doing. Tho I hate 1s, I still admire the art that's going on.

... Hate the rule breaking tho :lol:

Lol so whoever is doing he GAC 900 method with heat gun, careful with the heel cup. My left heel dented in a little (heat softens the plastic in the heel and forms to whatever it cools to). I got some of it to pop back into place but I'll mess around with that later.

Almost done! Just need to stop by Michael's and pick up a detailed brush or acrylic pen and matte krylon. Will post pics probably tomorrow or Saturday
happy.gif

Thank you to everyone for the tips and guides.

after letting the angelus matte finisher dry this is what it looks like. not bad but i already ordered the krylon finisher.

Last edited:

after letting the angelus matte finisher dry this is what it looks like. not bad but i already ordered the krylon finisher.
Hmmm I might not even get krylon then. Did you put any duller in the finisher? Also, do you rub in the finisher with a rag or do you just leave it after you put it on with a brush.

Hmmm I might not even get krylon then. Did you put any duller in the finisher? Also, do you rub in the finisher with a rag or do you just leave it after you put it on with a brush.
I didnt add duller to the paint. i actually put as little finisher as i could while still covering the whole shoe. I also wiped it with a towel maybe its not good to do that but i just didnt want that WD40 look 
laugh.gif

Its a little bit more glossy in person btw.

Last edited:
So I finished up the basic painting. Just need the wings logo and sole dyeing. Gotta hit up Michaels for a detail brush and mixing jars. I love the flat matte look without the finisher. Might just leave em like that and say F it. I hate that glossy look ppl are getting with the angelus matte finisher

Last edited:
View media item 1567610
So I finished up the basic painting. Just need the wings logo and sole dyeing. Gotta hit up Michaels for a detail brush and mixing jars. I love the flat matte look without the finisher. Might just leave em like that and say F it. I hate that glossy look ppl are getting with the angelus matte finisher

Look great. I feel the same way as you but everyone here's been saying you need the finisher. Hit them up w the krylon matte spray afterwards and you should be good

Last edited:
Wanted to say that I love what you guys are doing. Tho I hate 1s, I still admire the art that's going on.

... Hate the rule breaking tho :lol:

Hate 1s?!? :wow:

maybe not hate but I don't care for them.

I tried to get into them when the OLNL pack dropped then when the DMP1s pack dropped and ended up just selling them. Wore the OLNL a couple times and that was that.
Just not my cup of tea.

but hey... at least I don't buy them because everyone else does :lol:

View media item 1567610

try liquitex matte finisher from Michaels i use this instead of Angelus finishers

Has anybody tried the flat top finisher? Supposed to have no shine to it when dry.

to me Angelus flat top and matte finishers are the same

nice frags

good luck on the wings logo. We should have a best wings logo contest 
laugh.gif

How you dye/paint in lining? Is there anything that I can get from Michaels? Any advice? 
I personally have always done the 50% paint / 50% water mix. Done it to other shoes before and in the case of shoes ive done, its held up just fine.

I personally have always done the 50% paint / 50% water mix. Done it to other shoes before and in the case of shoes ive done, its held up just fine.
Thank you very much. Can you tell me what kind of paint did you use? Is that something that I can find from Local stores like Michaels or Joann? I found one called SoftSoft. I would like to paint Red lining to Black on AJ11 Bred Low. Can you advise? Thank you!

Nice work!! 

I'm really debating whether or not to paint the soles or just leave them as is... 

I think they look good just the way they are... 

Repped!

Thank you very much. Can you tell me what kind of paint did you use? Is that something that I can find from Local stores like Michaels or Joann? I found one called SoftSoft. I would like to paint Red lining to Black on AJ11 Bred Low. Can you advise? Thank you!
I just used regular black angelus paint mixed with water. Applied it with a paint brush and put them in the sun to dry.

Back
Top Bottom