Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

Smh, well I hope the Kiwi Whitener works…
O...m...g 

Well you can always bleach the midsole. That's what I did when I got several spots on the midsoles. Just get a qtip and some bleach then rub it on the midsole. Leave on for 10minutes or less/more. Repeat. One thing I learned was to tape the midsoles the whole time until it is completely finished. 

Last edited:
jarjar124 jarjar124 I taped the entire midsole, but the dye still steeped through when I turned the shoe. Ill try and bleach it, thanks.

stillmatic718 stillmatic718 I was cleaning the excess dye with rubbing alcohol and turned the shoe before drying the side i just wiped. Then it just trickled down.

Last edited:
@jarjar124 I taped the entire midsole, but the dye still steeped through when I turned the shoe. Ill try and bleach it, thanks.

@Stillmatic718 I was cleaning the excess dye with rubbing alcohol and turned the shoe before drying the side i just wiped. Then it just trickled down.
Oh yeahh. Never turn it when there's still dye LOL. Lesson learned I guess. Don't worry. The same thing happened to me. Just not that much.

jarjar124 jarjar124 I taped the entire midsole, but the dye still steeped through when I turned the shoe. Ill try and bleach it, thanks.

stillmatic718 stillmatic718 I was cleaning the excess dye with rubbing alcohol and turned the shoe before drying the side i just wiped. Then it just trickled down.

Lol got you. I didn't even wipe the sides to be honest, on my first pair. Only the bottom. And I'm pretty sure all you have to do it spray the matte finisher on it without wiping, that's what I did with my second pair and they're a-okay.

@jarjar124 I taped the entire midsole, but the dye still steeped through when I turned the shoe. Ill try and bleach it, thanks.

@Stillmatic718 I was cleaning the excess dye with rubbing alcohol and turned the shoe before drying the side i just wiped. Then it just trickled down.
Man that is a shame, sorry to hear that. I pretty much did the same thing but not quite as bad. I was so ashamed and angry I forgot to take photos. I wish I did take photos as evidence to prove how well bleach worked for me because now they're 99% fine. I can see the dye stains but only outside in the brightest sun holding the shoes at a particular angle. Bleach saved my pair 
glasses.gif

Even they know there's no point in making fakes of a shoe that's sitting I'm stores lol

They only make good quality fakes off highly sought after shoes

Not sure that's the case for not seeing a flood of faux lasers. If it was about 'sought' after styles then you would see more bootleg SBs, Lab offerings, etc. I definitely see knockoffs of GRs such as Cortez and other runners from Nike such as free 5.0s when out in about in Chinatown (NYC). I think if the resell game is an explotation of the marketplace's supply issues then the knockoff market is an explotation of the resell game's price point --- and in that scenario lasers with a difficult pattern to mimic becomes a less likely candidate as the resell market hasn't figured out to exploitate its price point. Think about it there are places selling known UAs at twice the price point of the original and that's only possible because resellers are selling the original for 3x as much. It was nice when you could get a UA .... For less than the original.

Even they know there's no point in making fakes of a shoe that's sitting I'm stores lol

They only make good quality fakes off highly sought after shoes
That's not true there's fakes of damn near all of nike releases. I've scene fake sites with higher prices than discounted ogs. Advertised as super perfect and authentic quality

Last edited:
^^^ Good save. What did you use on the bottom? Salon Care 40?

Also did you oversaturate the swab or cotton ball with rubbing alcohol?

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been asked before but how many coats of angelus finisher and coats of krylon matte finisher?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom