Jordan Retro 4 NRG “Black/University Red/Court Purple” April 2018 $190

That ashy material should never be used on 4s.

I agree.. kind of makes me feel like they were going for a nod to the Jordan VII.

but does it have "nike air" on the back ?

From what I can barely see.. I don't think so. Also, they have a Jordan hang tag which usually means Jumpman even though the TB III's had a Jumpman tag.

These remind me of Denny Hamlin's black FedEx Nascar
B21B98DC-FFD3-48F1-9F67-F95CA9E6E780.jpeg

I've never been a huge fan of the Raptor 7s (like the colors, just not the biggest fan of the 7s, though I do like the execution of the DMP 7 Raptors) but these are dope IMO. I like the use of what looks like a blacked out tongue tag. The Oreos and the Columbias are two of my favorite 4s, so I'm totally fine with the Jumpman on the back.

Dig the colorway, but I'm never a fan of nubuck on IVs. Pseudurabuck or Black Motorsport leather would've been way more my speed.

I like the use of what looks like a blacked out tongue tag.

That does look nice, and the debossed Jumpman is a cool touch as well.

EDIT: By the way, those are Charcoal VIIs my g.

Dig the colorway, but I'm never a fan of nubuck on IVs. Pseudurabuck or Black Motorsport leather would've been way more my speed.

That does look nice, and the debossed Jumpman is a cool touch as well.
I've always preferred leather on 4s (hence my love for the Oreos and Columbias). I know this is blasphemous for some, but that's one reason why I've never been a huge fan of the Blk/Red 4s, which I'll pass on next year (and because I prefer the BC3 which I doubled up on). But the use of whatever material that is on these works for me. I also like the speckling within the purple, and the blocking/positioning of the purple. Glad they kept that portion of the midsole that wraps around the toe black. I almost think the tongue tag is leather too, which is also dope.

I know I'm going OG snob right now. But I don't feel the colorway at all. NRG means nothing at all to me. There have been a few GR 4 colors that I have liked a lot more.. Too much purple. If they are inspired by the Fed ex car, then I get it. Still not enough to be interested.

Back
Top Bottom