Jordan shoes going up in price like crazy?

stephen12323

Banned
I don't get why jordans are going up so high in price i hope its just not me. but i see like the raptor 7 dmp for 400$ just for the raptor.

and the air jordan 5 raging bulls for 700$ when a couple years ago they were 250$?

I look at is as it's the person that's buying it for that high price's fault too, and not just the reseller. But that's just my take on it.

everything is going up in price that increases the price at retail for us, the end user . . . gas to fly the planes / drive the trucks, coal / natural gas to power up the factories, price of leather, cotton, nylon . . . and now with the world more aware of the conditions of third world sweatshops, these workers are demanding more money, etc . . .

its a phase to me, the most basic stuff has been selling out and people have been paying a premium for stuff that just as recent as last year at this time could be had for cheap.

being a "sneakerhead" is the in thing right now, once alot of the kiddies grow out of the phase things will go back to how they were in 07-08 and so. remember the most basic stuff was selling out around 05 as well, only for things to become easy to cop again around 06.

its a phase to me, the most basic stuff has been selling out and people have been paying a premium for stuff that just as recent as last year at this time could be had for cheap.
being a "sneakerhead" is the in thing right now, once alot of the kiddies grow out of the phase things will go back to how they were in 07-08 and so. remember the most basic stuff was selling out around 05 as well, only for things to become easy to cop again around 06.

I remember just walking into Champs to cop the Playoff 8's with no problem, Fire Red 3's with no Problem, Black/Metallic 5's no problem etc.

This year the lines were insane for GR's such as the Charcoal and Olympic 7's.

Now I hear people are already saying they're read to camp for 2013 releases like Playoff 8's, blk/red 13's, and so on. :smh:

I can only hope you're right that this madness will die off.... and I hope it does sooner than later.

...like everyone says it's SUPPLY AND DEMAND!!! and the sad part is we feed the suppliers it's just downhill from here :smh:

QFT!! 05-06 were the best years. Mars 4's, metallic 5's, grape 5's, bred 14's, steel 10's, flint 13's. Even the 20's and 21's were good looking. No lines, no camping, just in and out. People would die for half the shoes that came out around that time now :smh:

QFT!! 05-06 were the best years. Mars 4's, metallic 5's, grape 5's, bred 14's, steel 10's, flint 13's. Even the 20's and 21's were good looking. No lines, no camping, just in and out. People would die for half the shoes that came out around that time now :smh:

Speaking of Mars 4's... Remember they were $115 and not $160 like the fire red's this year ...

Miss those prices.

its ridiculous these days. i  have a pair of db 3's ds  neverr worn size 10 and a pair of db 4's ssize 10.5 ds never  worn. how much do you think they are worth. because people aree low balling me like crazy. 

I also agree on the supply and demand, especially for some of these shoes, people will pay anything for them. It's sad to see some of these shoes that came out this year, with horrible quality sell for 250+...

Sighs... 
frown.gif

Yep, so is beer, bread, gas, utilities, insurance and almost everything I buy lately. .
Actually shipping costs are up big time (I import a lot of product) and that's part of the overall picture.
Live with it or pass, nobody is forcing you to pull the trigger on kicks.
If you don't want to pay the price you can get some $35 kicks at Walmart that look pretty decent.:x

Speaking of Mars 4's... Remember they were $115 and not $160 like the fire red's this year ...
Miss those prices.

True! My cool grey 4's were $110 retail if I'm not mistaken but that was 04. Same shoe would be $160 today. Nike sees people paying 300+ for retros on eBay and they say hey why can't we do that. The good ole day will return tho. This "sneakerhead" thing is a fad like everyone else is saying. I remember Jordan's were easy to get in 05-06 cuz dudes were lining up in Skateboarding shops for DC's, vans, nike sb, etnies, going for that skater look LOL

Back
Top Bottom