Jordan stepping outside the box?

Originally Posted by westhellthug

Originally Posted by Smoke Cobain

Originally Posted by AirFresh23Js

Did you not just see the Silver Anniversary release? Definitely is a new XI. Not the same as the Columbia's, just saying.

Including the BIN 23 collection as well...That's not stepping out of the box as well? SMH, pointless thread.

i guess JB not steppin far enough out the box for OP
Hate to come off as a jerk, but......  If you are wanting stuff like XI's with suede, look for fakes!  Jordan's have some certain features that make them Jordan's.  (i.e. The XI's it it patent and carbon fiber on the sole)  While new colors can be a good thing, cool grey XI's and IX's come to my mind, they can be a disaster like the pistons and lakers VI's (though the lakers are kinda growing on me).  Jordan is kind of at a crossroads, and to be honest we should have seen it coming, they have a very specialized focus, they make basketball shoes, unlike Nike who has all sorts of athletic shoes in their catalog.  Lots of people might jump on and say "oh football III"s and VI's," but at the end of the day the bread and butter is the line of shoes I-XXIII and other shoes that are for "basketball."  Their franchise face is the GOAT, and looking at them, one of two things can happen, they "step out of the box" and are brilliant or they step out of the box and it sucks (see Air Jordan 2009).  I like retros, I do, I wish the quality was up to par, but nostalgia brings me back again and again.  New colorways are nice when they are simple and clean, love rocking a pair of white and blue J's with my UK gear even though MJ wore black white and red.  But to step out of the box too much with the retros can make the franchise loose all creditability, which many already feel it has.  

Originally Posted by paje05

Jordan is just releasing anything to get as much money as possible.. he knows his true fans and sneakerheads will always support

he???? i love how ppl tend to believe that mj himself has something to do with what releases now-a-days

oreo 6, pokadot 1s, green 1s, green bean 5, black cat anything, Orlando 7s, pea pod 8s, anthracite 8s, citrus 9s and many many others that I have not mentioned are not og colorways. I know you only have 2 posts but I had to get specific because you made entirely no sense.by the way- Jordan 2009s are awesome. it's all about how you rock em, %%%%+ are fresh. not sure what happened there. just because they didn't call it Jordan 24 and kept going all the way to 45 (his comeback jersey number) people said they were weak.

I agree with the OP.

Also, I think JB should do something creative by mashing up elements of existing shoes to make new shoes and give them cool names from Snoop Dogg's vocabulary.

Originally Posted by dabasement2010

I THINK DEY HAVE STEPPED OUT OF DA BOX A LIL BIT WIT DA PISTON 6S AND OREOS ETC. BUT I DO THINK THAT SOME NEW CW WOULD HELP CUZ I DO GET TIRED OF BUYING DA SAME RETRO JORDANS EVERY 5 YRS EVENTUALLY ITS GOING GET OLD AND JB GOIN FIND SHOES LIKE DA 12S JUS SITTN WIT NO SALES CUZ EERBODY ALREADY GOT 2 OR 3 PAIRS OF EM FRM PREVIOUS RELEASES
QUE?!
**Why does everyone refer to JB as "him"/"he"?  It isn't Jordan himself that releases the shoes

Watch...The Red and White Jordan XI fakes you used to see will become a reality. I wouldn't mind a nice new simple colorway of the XI. That's the thing about the XI though...its a very classic and simple shoe....Two tone or single tone. I'd like to see an obsidian based colorway of these.

Oreo VI's and Motorsport VI's were the best retro+ cw's of this year imo.

But JB wore out the VI, and they're doing the same with the IX's.

Back
Top Bottom