Jordan V Olive - March 2, 2024

Meh. These are cool i guess? But I remember never really caring for them or having to have them when they first released and I still feel the same now. The same way I feel about the burgundy 5s releasing this year, I don’t need em.

🙏🏽 Just retro the Fire Reds with the black tongue and Nike air on the back plz. 🙏🏽

Wow, didnt think these would come back. But burgundys should've been a clue.

I wore these randomly last month and they crumbled lol always liked them. Had an undftd 4 feeling to me.

20230330_162038.jpg
20230330_163435.jpg

I didn't care for these in 2006, so I won't care for the 2024 version. But I can see the demand for these because they're a unique color that doesn't seem polarizing. And there are some who either want them as a replacement or see this as a second chance if they missed out in 2006.

It looks like there's going to be a pattern with one 2006 LS color re-releasing per calendar year based on the Green Bean V from last year, the Burgundy V for this year, then these for next year.

I have a feeling the Black/Metallic/Sky Blue V that came out in August 2006 will be the next LS retro. Perhaps that one will get rehashed in 2025.

If they ever rehash the Grape V since it was a 2006 LS color, I wonder if they'll make them with the Nike Air on the back like the 1990 original or have the Jumpman logo on the back like the 2006 & 2013 versions.

I’ve always liked these but not enough to buy. But maybe I will change my mind. How many pairs do you think of these were made back in 06’? Stockx has only sold fourteen of these.
Production numbers (or estimates) weren't around back then from what I remember. These were an LS release, so they weren't released at major retailers outside of major cities. In CT, there were a few mom and pop stores that got them. They did not release at footlocker, finishline, etc. I dont remember what their availability was online, i think eastbay might have had them. Almost the opposite of what happens nowadays. Older heads, correct me if I'm wrong, it's been almost 20 years lol.

Production numbers (or estimates) weren't around back then from what I remember. These were an LS release, so they weren't released at major retailers outside of major cities. In CT, there were a few mom and pop stores that got them. They did not release at footlocker, finishline, etc. I dont remember what their availability was online, i think eastbay might have had them. Almost the opposite of what happens nowadays. Older heads, correct me if I'm wrong, it's been almost 20 years lol.

This is correct. A LS release was what is now called a quickstrike or limited release. Only certain shops got these. No big chain retailers. I think I remember ordering these off a city gear website or shoe city (one of those urban online sites back in 2006. They were on sale for like $100, but these stuck out more than the laser ls 5s and burgundy 5s to me.

therealest1 therealest1 solid observation there. I hope your speculation is on point cuz I would be in for those LS black 5s with the white stitching and university blue hits

Unc black 5 2025 ?

I’ve always liked these but not enough to buy. But maybe I will change my mind. How many pairs do you think of these were made back in 06’? Stockx has only sold fourteen of these.

I can tell you they sold less than they made. I remember these sat.

This is correct. A LS release was what is now called a quickstrike or limited release. Only certain shops got these. No big chain retailers. I think I remember ordering these off a city gear website or shoe city (one of those urban online sites back in 2006. They were on sale for like $100, but these stuck out more than the laser ls 5s and burgundy 5s to me.

It's nice to see peeps on here reminisce on how it was in 2006 with the Jordan V LS colors.

I'm only guessing that the Black/Metallic/Sky Blue V may be re-released in 2025 based on the yearly re-release pattern with the 2006 LS colors.

I recall these were somewhat limited by default in 2006 like y'all said because they were only at certain stores. I recall only Footaction got the LS colors in 2006 under the Foot Locker umbrella.

I truly didn't pay attention if these sold fast or sat because I was never interested in them back in 2006. I believe this one and the Burgundy V sat back then as they were the least desirable colors predicated on them being uncommon colors that didn't appeal to people. I know the Grape V had the most demand and sold out the first day. I'm sure the Black/Metallic/Sky Blue V sold fast as well.

Since a lot of y'all seem to remember the LS shoes from the 2000s, does anyone remember during that period that each shoe had a gimmick with matching attire? I recall each LS shoe during that time had either a jacket or some kind of top that was supposed to match with the particular LS shoe that was sold separately.

Back
Top Bottom