Jordan x KAWS 4 Black “Cyber Monday” 11/27/17 release thread

Question if money was no issue what would you rather have (Rust Pinks and Igloo’s) or (Fragments) with considering the fact that you already have a VNDS pair of Frags.
Not a huge fan of the Miami pairs but if I already had Frags I'd rather have the others 2 pairs. I have enough shoes that I'd never wear my one pair of Frags enough for them to get beat to the point I'd ever un-ds the new pair so what's the point?

Bro I do NOT get people spending this type of bread on a hoodie!!! lol!! What makes a $168 hoodie inflate to 1k? They selling out that quick?!

The dopest hoodie Ive seen with my eyes was a black Off White hoodie. A solid color hoodie that has "supreme" written across the front? Not even close.

IMO, shoes make an outfit. Them KAW J's ...priceless

Bro I do NOT get people spending this type of bread on a hoodie!!! lol!! What makes a $168 hoodie inflate to 1k? They selling out that quick?!

The dopest hoodie Ive seen with my eyes was a black Off White hoodie. A solid color hoodie that has "supreme" written across the front? Not even close.

You don't have to get people. It's not that deep. I'll say the same thing to everyone in this thread who's gonna criticize or fail to understand why someone else spends $xxx on another product - it's the same reason we here do it for Nikes and Jordans.

Honestly yes they do sell that quick usually bogie are gone in seconds.

Resale on the box logo hoodie is ridiculous but you can say that about anything. Look at flight club why are the sneakers there reselling for thousands of dollars when retail is 200-300 max for 1 pair

i just got some broke boi to sell me an offwhite kith hoodie for less than half of the 660+ retail price. Dont mind that.

So what got a lot of you into Supreme? I’m trying to think of a reason other than seeing other people wear it.

I would disagree with a previous post saying it’s the same as Nike/Jordan. Nike and JB are what they are because of the athletes and people supporting those athletes. The fashion part is a later adaptation.

I don’t care how the next man spends his money but let’s be honest about Supreme. The brand logo is a knock-off, their brand collection are knock-off pieces from other brands and the rest is collaborations. As with all things, the secondary price is what it is because the consumers allow it.

So what got a lot of you into Supreme? I’m trying to think of a reason other than seeing other people wear it.

I would disagree with a previous post saying it’s the same as Nike/Jordan. Nike and JB are what they are because of the athletes and people supporting those athletes. The fashion part is a later adaptation.

I don’t care how the next man spends his money but let’s be honest about Supreme. The brand logo is a knock-off, their brand collection are knock-off pieces from other brands and the rest is collaborations. As with all things, the secondary price is what it is because the consumers allow it.

For some people, it's their skaters (just like any other athlete under the Nike umbrella). For others it's being local to the shop and just seeing a lot of friends and people wearing it. For others it's the designs. For others it's definitely the hype. For others it's the quality, some but not all of their products are made in USA/Canada of thick and heavyweight material. It's not very complicated. For me personally, it was seeing friends of mine wearing it in high school and going to the store to check out what they had. This was around the time of their Clash collab, and the Clash were one of my favorite bands at the time so I continued to follow the brand. But does it matter? no.

Nike collabs and living in soho. Nike was a reference point I could understand and I appreciated some of the early collaborations. Living near Lafayette for the last 10 years got me hooked.

The secondary economy around the soho streets is so interesting, it was more curiosity than anything in the beginning. As social media made it more hyped than ever, i got further entrenched being at the epicenter of it all.

I really appreciate the reservation/queuing process this season - made it a bit more more egalitarian.

Same as with any other brand, athlete, shoe, whatever the case may be. To each their own. I guarantee anyone who wears more supreme would come in here and say "I don't think I'll ever understand the infatuation over Jordan" or "I would never spend $800 on some Jordan's."

They're the same as us here on NT, except it's a different logo.

I wouldn't buy BAPE or Fear of God because the prices are outrageous to me. But at least those usually have some sort of design. I don't understand how a word in a red box makes a hoody $800.

I wouldn't buy BAPE or Fear of God because the prices are outrageous to me. But at least those usually have some sort of design. I don't understand how a word in a red box makes a hoody $800.

Yeah this is what I was referring to.. just a solid color hoodie with the name "Supreme" in a small font going for $1000. Its not a knock on the people that buy it I just don't understand. The reason I buy Jordans because he was my idol, and the shoes I wear of his remind me of different points in his career. I can wear a pair of cement 4s and remember it being my first pair of Jordans at 9 years old. Or wear a Jordan 6 and remember all of my friends having them but I had to wait until my parents had the money before I could have a pair. Also remembering the newspaper clipping I had on my wall of the 1991 finals when he faced Magic and won while wearing that shoe. Jordans are simply a part of my life. The $1000 ticket price of attending his hall of fame induction is just a part of things also..lol. But no knock on the Supreme products because people love those items too. We are all into different things

My Black KAWS just arrived. Got them for $700. That price was a no brainer.

1snpuc.jpg

wt877m.jpg

Supreme
Yes! Yes!

Yeah this is what I was referring to.. just a solid color hoodie with the name "Supreme" in a small font going for $1000. Its not a knock on the people that buy it I just don't understand. The reason I buy Jordans because he was my idol, and the shoes I wear of his remind me of different points in his career. I can wear a pair of cement 4s and remember it being my first pair of Jordans at 9 years old. Or wear a Jordan 6 and remember all of my friends having them but I had to wait until my parents had the money before I could have a pair. Also remembering the newspaper clipping I had on my wall of the 1991 finals when he faced Magic and won while wearing that shoe. Jordans are simply a part of my life. The $1000 ticket price of attending his hall of fame induction is just a part of things also..lol. But no knock on the Supreme products because people love those items too. We are all into different things
You were at his hall of fame?

Back
Top Bottom