Jordan XI Jubilee Holiday 2020

So it looks like we might be essentially getting Silver DMP 11s. I remember that some DMPs had the “JORDAN” on the eyelets, but I don’t really remember what was the reason some had it while some didn’t. Was it just a sample pairs thing? Either way, I’m all the way in!
E3567B57-940F-4046-AF08-1FDAFA0ACC01.jpeg

DMP’s were intended to release that way...Change was because the gold lettering would bleed on the white eyelets...Last minute change after production had already started...Some pairs got out since they were already running them before they called the audible...

Kind of similar to the OG Steel 10’s with the tie cap I guess...Except with the Steel’s they had already completed production on a full run of that colorway...Stopped production on the Steels all together and removed the toe cap on subsequent colorways...

Anyway this is a clean simple colorway here...I’m in for a pair...

Sliver Dmps are interesting like to see the back of its silver iron on 23 or stitched I’m hoping for a chrome iron on 23 on the back

Waiting for all the people burying the shoe before pics to chime in. I knew the holiday xi wouldn't be too wild, they never have been. While these aren't the best xi they are solid. In for 3 myself. A am not huge fan of the Jordan lettering but it might grow on me.

These could pass for a mid version of the barons. Just missing the marbled patent leather.

Iirc the lettering bled onto the codura mesh but some pairs slipped out to retail.

Memba how the Reebok Questions are inspired by the XI? Well the lettering now looks like it's ripping off the Question.
Not really though

The lettering were on prototypes of the original Jordan 11...

Jordan flirted with bringing it back in Retro colorways in the early 2000s but never pulled the trigger.

Last edited:
Waiting for all the people burying the shoe before pics to chime in. I knew the holiday xi wouldn't be too wild, they never have been. While these aren't the best xi they are solid. In for 3 myself. A am not huge fan of the Jordan lettering but it might grow on me.
I buried the shoe initially. These look a lot better than I thought they would. Jordan lettering is ok since the shoe is so plain otherwise. I’ll pick up a pair or 2.
Also appreciate the correction on the jumpman direction. Hopefully this is the new standard. The reverse looks terrible.

Would have been nice to have the letters on the WL82 shoe to make it close to the Wizards version, but no, can't have that.... This is a pass for me tho. I'm glad.

The -J o r d a n- on the eyelets was lame back in '06 & still is today.
Overall these are bland. They need to get a better design team over there. Clearly looks like they're struggling for ideas.
Still waiting on the colombia 11s to be properly retro'd. Dmp 11s need to get dropped as well .

We've gotten our fair share of black patent leather non-OG XIs over the years (72-10s, Cap & Gowns, Gammas) and all those colorways look better then these.

To each their own though, I'm from the Bay Area and alot of my friends who are Raiders fans will pick these up. End of day though, they'll sell because it's a patent leather XI mid and it's the holiday season.

Easy pass for me!

Back
Top Bottom