Jordan XIV Black Toe - November 2, 2024

I'm not really a 14 guy and don't own any. Tried them on and found them wide and comfy but always preferred the 13. But I think the Black Toe will finally be my first pair. They kinda got a luxurious look so hopefully the materials match. :emoji_thinking:

What I do know is the midsole on the OGs definitely got sticky over time. If any type of debris got stuck, oh you can hang it up trying to get it off lol

Really wish the 2006 retro would return at some point. Really miss my pair. Very unpopular opinion I’m sure but give me the 2006 w/ ribs over the OG any day. 14s just look better with the ribs.

I kinda wish Last Shots were originally ribless tbh, though it’s still my favorite 14. These are my second favorite 14 and I’m glad they were made ribless. Pic above really confirmed it.
Of all the hack job remakes released you would think they would have long since did a retro run without ribs.
Remembered first seeing the 06s with ribs and was an easy pass. Dont mind them much on Last Shots but definitely not on the Black toes.

s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg
There was a sample made at some point years ago.

I'm not really a 14 guy and don't own any. Tried them on and found them wide and comfy but always preferred the 13. But I think the Black Toe will finally be my first pair. They kinda got a luxurious look so hopefully the materials match. :emoji_thinking:
Definitely has an elegant appearance to them. Believe most should experience owning a pair at least once. So as long as materials match up to recent OG retros these should be best to date.

Nope. You are so confidently wrong lol.
Confidently wrong? Wow. Thats pretty wrong then. So you think the 14 black toe had an off white pearl midsole, by design? Or you think the materials used caused that look when its meant to be white, by design. :lol: No way did Tinker say hey lets make this midsole look aged from the jump. More than willing to stand corrected. Again, the midsole materials used created the look in very short time. But they were meant to be white.

Confidently wrong? Wow. Thats pretty wrong then. So you think the 14 black toe had an off white pearl midsole, by design? Or you think the materials used caused that look when it’s meant to be white, by design. :lol: No way did Tinker said hey let’s make this midsole look aged from the jump. More than willing to stand corrected. Again, the midsole materials used created the look in very short time. But they were meant to be white.
They were most definitely white. The 2006 version, if I remember correct had more of pearlish look to them of the box

I passed in 2006 due to the ribbing. So I dont know. I remember those in 1998, I remember getting them in 2014, they both were fresh white midsoles. My 2014 has now, a pearl off white look to them. My 2014 pair is still unworn. The midsole rubber material they used on those are magnets to dust and dirt. No different than the mesh on Concords, the tongues on Card 7s, white and black 9s. And many others. If they were using off white or pearl as a color on that specific shoe, we would have known by now.

Back
Top Bottom