Jordan XVII Low Lightning - May 30, 2024

My only memorable experience with the 17 was the CDP and honestly they fit terrible. I couldn't even wear them with the cover.

Not only will I not pay 300 for these, I would have to try them in person before person before pulling the trigger anywhere.

I haven’t worn a pair of XVIIs in over 20 years, but the OGs were incredibly comfortable. (Anybody here long enough to remember NTers lacing an “XVII” pattern through the 2 sets of lace/shroud holes?)

Shroud was definitely impossible to snap in, with how stiff the plastic clips were & how much the shoe would flex when trying to force them in. :lol:

I had the copper joints whenever they retro’d and the comfort was asss. I would *maybe* grab a pair of lightnings or UNC lows if the retail price wasn’t so damn high but $300 bones before NYC tax is steep. If somehow they make it on sale, I’ll probably still pass but thank you for reading this post.

I had the copper joints whenever they retro’d and the comfort was asss. I would *maybe* grab a pair of lightnings or UNC lows if the retail price wasn’t so damn high but $300 bones before NYC tax is steep. If somehow they make it on sale, I’ll probably still pass but thank you for reading this post.
they aren't great but I would still put the comfort a little above average.

i still have my og red briefcase

i want the unc lows... but dont need the case
Also grabbed these a while ago for my son. But they’re destroyed lol
IMG_2872.png

It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but I agree with the IG poster that the yellow TPU looks worse without whatever white material they originally used behind it.

Don't know if that pair is real/the final release but if they're charging $300 then no corners should be cut.

It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but I agree with the IG poster that the yellow TPU looks worse without whatever white material they originally used behind it.

Don't know if that pair is real/the final release but if they're charging $300 then no corners should be cut.
Agreed I’ll hold judgment on pics till we get official ones closer to the RD

Maybe it's just because I don't love yellow on my shoes, but these are an easy "meh." Especially for $300. Can't wait to see how this release goes :lol:

I’ve been waiting on the 17s to retro, but nah.

Had plans to wear those in Tokyo too. Smh.

Back
Top Bottom