Jordans- Real Leather

The surface of my flint grey XIIs and my white/red XIIs (09) is visually different and feels very different

The surface of my flint grey XIIs and my white/red XIIs (09) is visually different and feels very different

No one on here knows #@#@.

All Jordans are made with REAL cow hide which in fact is REAL LEATHER. Some of it is just treated and processed differently. That's why some shoes are softer than others. For example, the BIN 23 series, the motorsport VI, and CDP XII. They all have 2 things in common, soft leather and limited quantities. All of the other releases are sold in mass quantities. Hence, the lesser valued leather.

So there you go.

All Jordans are made with REAL cow hide which in fact is REAL LEATHER. Some of it is just treated and processed differently. That's why some shoes are softer than others. For example, the BIN 23 series, the motorsport VI, and CDP XII. They all have 2 things in common, soft leather and limited quantities. All of the other releases are sold in mass quantities. Hence, the lesser valued leather.

So there you go.

it feals like pleather and is hella glossy at times so i kinda get why u ask
but them spizike bootz seam to be made from that OG leather!!!

it feals like pleather and is hella glossy at times so i kinda get why u ask
but them spizike bootz seam to be made from that OG leather!!!

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

So there you go.
Agree. Case closed.
laugh.gif

So there you go.
Agree. Case closed.
laugh.gif

So there you go.
Sure thing.
laugh.gif

So there you go.
Sure thing.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Sour Diesel

Originally Posted by jcollectr

^You sir, are incorrect!! Prove it.

What is there to prove? Compare the white/red 12s to a shoe that uses genuine leather (especially a non-Nike), and you would be floored by the difference. The 12s have the exact same super thin, plastic/cardboard like leather JB uses on the majority of Retros. I don't know if the tumbled effect fooled you or what, but that does not make them real leather.
He's just trying to defend his new XII's 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Sour Diesel

Originally Posted by jcollectr

^You sir, are incorrect!! Prove it.

What is there to prove? Compare the white/red 12s to a shoe that uses genuine leather (especially a non-Nike), and you would be floored by the difference. The 12s have the exact same super thin, plastic/cardboard like leather JB uses on the majority of Retros. I don't know if the tumbled effect fooled you or what, but that does not make them real leather.
He's just trying to defend his new XII's 
roll.gif

I can't help but feel that Mayor is incorrect. There's absolutely no way that all Jordans use genuine cow leather. You're telling me CDP 3s, white/red 12s, Mars/Military 4s, Fire Red 5s, etc... Use genuine cowhide leather? FOH

I can't help but feel that Mayor is incorrect. There's absolutely no way that all Jordans use genuine cow leather. You're telling me CDP 3s, white/red 12s, Mars/Military 4s, Fire Red 5s, etc... Use genuine cowhide leather? FOH

^The only true statement so far

-I have no idea what material JB is using nowdays, but it certainly isn't full grain -all I know is that from an aesthetic point of view, these new "shiny" releases look awful -that finish on the Powder IXs & the Varsity red VIs was the sole reason I passed on them. Make them with a "matt" finish & I would've doubled up on both.

Wether it's leather or not, the point is that we shouldn't even be having this debate -go back a few yrs & you wouldn't even have to question it.

^The only true statement so far

-I have no idea what material JB is using nowdays, but it certainly isn't full grain -all I know is that from an aesthetic point of view, these new "shiny" releases look awful -that finish on the Powder IXs & the Varsity red VIs was the sole reason I passed on them. Make them with a "matt" finish & I would've doubled up on both.

Wether it's leather or not, the point is that we shouldn't even be having this debate -go back a few yrs & you wouldn't even have to question it.

i think they use both synthetic and real leather when need calls.. that's why Method Man doesn't wear Js anymore .. cuz they use cow skin for leather still n he's against that..

i think they use both synthetic and real leather when need calls.. that's why Method Man doesn't wear Js anymore .. cuz they use cow skin for leather still n he's against that..

Back
Top Bottom