Jose Reyes Vol. Non Met Fans Check In

as the rumbling of trade rumors start to pick up, im just curious what other fans around the league think of our boy Jose. what do you think he's worth? would you trade for him and what would you give up?

as a long time Mets fan, the last thing i want to see is Reyes in a different jersey. BUT, since Sandy Aldersons here to clean house, Jose will probably be the first to go.

as the rumbling of trade rumors start to pick up, im just curious what other fans around the league think of our boy Jose. what do you think he's worth? would you trade for him and what would you give up?

as a long time Mets fan, the last thing i want to see is Reyes in a different jersey. BUT, since Sandy Aldersons here to clean house, Jose will probably be the first to go.

reyes is a great leadoff guy but he is immature at times and is not clutch

you still can get mlb ready propects for him

i wouldn't trade him if im the mets though, i would trade wright instead

reyes is a great leadoff guy but he is immature at times and is not clutch

you still can get mlb ready propects for him

i wouldn't trade him if im the mets though, i would trade wright instead

As an A's fan I would potentially give up our top pitching prospect Ian Krol and once highly-touted Michael Taylor.

Wouldn't give up much more because of his slight injury concern, and because there would be no way he'd re-sign with us.
EDIT: Also, about these Giants rumors, if I were the Giants I'd for sure give up Wheeler, but no way would I center the deal around Sanchez or Bumgarner

As an A's fan I would potentially give up our top pitching prospect Ian Krol and once highly-touted Michael Taylor.

Wouldn't give up much more because of his slight injury concern, and because there would be no way he'd re-sign with us.
EDIT: Also, about these Giants rumors, if I were the Giants I'd for sure give up Wheeler, but no way would I center the deal around Sanchez or Bumgarner

Him being a free agent after this year really makes things interesting. If I'm the Giants, I wouldn't want to give up a Wheeler or Bumgarner to rent Reyes. Even if he wants to re-sign, I'd be weary of giving him a 100+ million dollar contract given his injuries over the last few years.

Him being a free agent after this year really makes things interesting. If I'm the Giants, I wouldn't want to give up a Wheeler or Bumgarner to rent Reyes. Even if he wants to re-sign, I'd be weary of giving him a 100+ million dollar contract given his injuries over the last few years.

Reyes only had that leg injury in 2009 where he missed 120 games. Last year he had some endocrine condition which hardly makes him "injury prone." Regardless, as a Giants fan I don't want to rent him and I for damn sure don't want to overpay for his services.

Reyes only had that leg injury in 2009 where he missed 120 games. Last year he had some endocrine condition which hardly makes him "injury prone." Regardless, as a Giants fan I don't want to rent him and I for damn sure don't want to overpay for his services.

I've been lobbying for the Giants to go after this guy, but seeing that the Mets have a really high asking price for him and I totally understand why they would.

I've read rumors of maybe trading Bumgarner and Wheeler for him, but I've thought about it and well I wouldn't do it. If the Giants are ever going to trade those two players in one deal, it has to be for a solidified RBI machine. The Giants already have the tools and players to surround that type of player, so I changed my mind on dealing for Reyes if Bumgarner and Wheeler are what the Mets are asking for.

I've been lobbying for the Giants to go after this guy, but seeing that the Mets have a really high asking price for him and I totally understand why they would.

I've read rumors of maybe trading Bumgarner and Wheeler for him, but I've thought about it and well I wouldn't do it. If the Giants are ever going to trade those two players in one deal, it has to be for a solidified RBI machine. The Giants already have the tools and players to surround that type of player, so I changed my mind on dealing for Reyes if Bumgarner and Wheeler are what the Mets are asking for.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

I probably wouldn't even trade one, nevermind both of them for Reyes.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

I probably wouldn't even trade one, nevermind both of them for Reyes.

Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports a few days ago...
If Reyes is dealt on deadline day he'll have $5.4MM remaining, and I'd be surprised if the Twins couldn't find a way to fit that in if money was the only holdup.

If Reyes is dealt on deadline day he'll have $5.4MM remaining, and I'd be surprised if the Twins couldn't find a way to fit that in if money was the only holdup.

Originally Posted by JPZx

would be great for your twins

him and span as 1, 2

Originally Posted by JPZx

him and span as 1, 2

I would be ecstatic if we can get Bum. W/ that said, we should just do a firesale, and move everyone sans our young players.

I would be ecstatic if we can get Bum. W/ that said, we should just do a firesale, and move everyone sans our young players.

There is just no way the Giants trade Bumgarner, especially for a rental. They won the World Series because of their pitching. Trading Bumgarner would make their pitching staff closer to average than above average (considering they have nobody to replace him) and Reyes only makes them an average offense.

I'll take an elite starting staff with hopes of the offense bouncing back a little versus trading for Reyes. Would you rather have an entire career of Bumgarner or a few months of Reyes? Easy decision.

There is just no way the Giants trade Bumgarner, especially for a rental. They won the World Series because of their pitching. Trading Bumgarner would make their pitching staff closer to average than above average (considering they have nobody to replace him) and Reyes only makes them an average offense.

I'll take an elite starting staff with hopes of the offense bouncing back a little versus trading for Reyes. Would you rather have an entire career of Bumgarner or a few months of Reyes? Easy decision.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

him and span as 1, 2
Span, Reyes, Mauer, Morneau, etc.... yeah, it would be nice.

This organization will never win a playoff series until they get an Ace, though.

Back
Top Bottom