Judgement call

If this topic has already been touched on i apologize in advance.

But on to the discussion, if you had a pair of retro's which happened to be grails and they were gonna release the same ones again in a couple of months would you rock your pair and just cop the new retros or would you wait until the "newtros" (consider the phrase coined by me, newtro: a re-release lacking the quality of it's predecessor) came out. Please explain your answer i.e why, why not.

He says if he has a grail that he owns that's be retro'd, would you rock and it recop when it re-retros, or save your original retros and cop/wear the new ones. I think.

He says if he has a grail that he owns that's be retro'd, would you rock and it recop when it re-retros, or save your original retros and cop/wear the new ones. I think.

I good example for me would be the release of the air jordan II..QF

I have a pair of '04..

side02-11.gif

Should I cop the air jordan II QF?
112beib.jpg

My decision:

I fiqure out that I was in a win/win situatuion because I will not be sorry with any decision I made..

So I will pass on the QF for the powder blue IX's and try to cop the QF at a later time..

Me....I'd just try to find a DS pair of the retro's you have vs giving you money into a known lesser quality shoe! Which one's do you have? The cool grey xi? Honesty if you are used to the comfort of the previous retro....then you will more than likely be disappointed. Don't just take NT's word for it though, cop the *$#%-tro's (I'm coining that phrase by the way) and take that 50/50 gamble for quality or pay a little more and just cop the EXACT quality you have now and be completely satisfied.

The first picture of the Jordan II aren't the 2004 edition but it is similar to the OG ones. I understand you gotten this from air-jordan.net but they posted the wrong picture. I have a 2004 edition and it looks almost exactly as the one they are retroing soon.

The DS ones will eventually become of no use to you, so rock the DS and keep the new ones on ice... or since the RD is some time away save some money and cop two of the new ones since they are your grails, thats what I plan on doing

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

I good example for me would be the release of the air jordan II..QF

I have a pair of '04..

side02-11.gif

Should I cop the air jordan II QF?
112beib.jpg

My decision:

I fiqure out that I was in a win/win situatuion because I will not be sorry with any decision I made..

So I will pass on the QF for the powder blue IX's and try to cop the QF at a later time..

Same here, I have the 04's so I'm passing on these for now for the IX's. Good decision.
pimp.gif

I'd wear the original. When the TBIII dropped last year, I had a DS pair of the '01 TBIII, so while everyone was unloading their '01s on ebay, I got another pair of '01s to wear, likely cheaper than most paid for their '09 pairs too. For me, I'd rather take quality (even if slightly yellowed, aged, etc.) over a shoddy-built newer retro.

wear the 05's and save your new pair for another 8 years. If they are your grails, recycle your 05's till they are gone, then pull out your 2010 in 2018

Originally Posted by MartyMcFresh

The DS ones will eventually become of no use to you, so rock the DS and keep the new ones on ice... or since the RD is some time away save some money and cop two of the new ones since they are your grails, thats what I plan on doing
^^^ couldn't have said it better. I am getting ready to unDS my 2001 Cool Grey XI's. 

Originally Posted by MartyMcFresh

^^^ couldn't have said it better. I am getting ready to unDS my 2001 Cool Grey XI's. 

I honestly never understood the idea of buying 2 pairs of the same shoe. Like someone else mentioned in this thread, I prefer quality from back in the day to the garbage JB putting out now, but of course to each his own.

Back
Top Bottom