July 2022 Pick-Ups

AM1-esque ASICS Gel-Lyte IIIs

ASICS Gel-Lyte III - Oyster Grey.png

always loved these things but prices in my size for new were $500+. caught an ebay to get them used for $86 total. three days to arrive nicely packaged. they're a little beat up for sure but I've got nikes I've owned for four months that are more haggard. and besides, who am I fooling, as ridiculous as I dress, I probably actually wear these to a thing 3-4x lifetime. but they'll look real good up on the rack. my shoe shelves are more than that, they are now an art installation that I wander back and forth in front of and contemplate sick fits

52219300365_d055009626_c.jpg

Nice find and deal ed_shed ed_shed ! Love the DC hat too:nthat:
thanks bud. I was so happy to get them. immediately threw them on and then biked across town to meet my buddy to see the new top gun (and then snuck into thor) and we hadn't been to a theater in so long. got in there, nice recline seats, I assumed my usual home-couch position of one shoe on-foot, the other in my lap. as the movie started, I literally looked down and said "we're at the movies!" phil said "are you talking to me?" and I'm like "uh ... yeah, of course [winks at shoe]"

merry dripmas to me! I have three deliveries supposed to arrive today, and one just came. on a lark, got these waffle 1s on a couple discounts so copped them for $53 total. when I ordered them, I figured I'd just run them back to the georgetown nike store if I was feeling meh. and having been in the luxurious womb of the sb dunks and even prestos, these things are like walking on 2x4s. and yet I'm into them. definitely gotta get some red laces that hit the swoosh right. none of my reds in the lace station fit so looks like it's shopping time. hopefully I'll be back here in an hour with more presents

52230010291_c238221ddf_c.jpg

continuing with the festivities of dripmas, or rightonukkah for our bacon shaming friends

already love these things, they feel so good to pet and get all harvey weinstein with. I must've spent 20 minutes unboxing them. I studied the goddamn wrapping paper longer than I did my kid's last report card. some subtle sass

SB Blazer Low Medicom Toy
52230487409_3d05bd7d77_c.jpg

these are also pretty cool. three months ago I would've been taking them to bed with me. but we been getting wild with the footwear this summer so I think they're gonna struggle to bust into the rotation. love the rough feel all around and the pale green liner. but I will say the qc on this is not good. both shoes have broken stitching, glue stains, and loose threads. also, you get a net-like avocado bag, apparently for that guy who just had a hole in his heart that can only be filled by a novelty nylon ... thing. it went back into the box forevermore and I sure wish they woulda put that $ into better quality or a couple more laces or something actually useful

WMNS Dunk Low Avocado
52229215812_a9214ebecd_c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom