Jumpman Team Pro Black/Red comparison request Please

I'd like to see one too, I think Jumpmankicks.com should have a comparison up soon, he did it for the Hares and Carmines, so I hope these too.

That's a great idea, if the quality is on par then I will def be gettin a pair to ball in, but im on the fence for now... heard some bad things

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

Are they gonna have the white/black/gold colorway?
yes but the color blocking is not going to be the same. and they replaced the stitched jumpman with a solid silver jumpman so i dunno know aboutthe gold.

Are these available yet? If not, a Footlocker is in trouble.

They look ill, but I had to pass since I plan on getting the CDP 3/20, MotorSports, and Retro 1 High Laser and Doernbecher.

I would have been able to make a comparison id i was not such a fool and sold a sample pair of the black/red's i had from 1997 at the start of this year

the ones I saw had a solid red bottom-looked fake
They should have made the clear-red bottom

Here is my pair...and the difference that i see compared to "icopjordan23" picture is the sole is clear, and theLeather material
grin.gif
which looks WAY BETTER
happy.gif
eek.gif

if you someone sends me their OG pair ill be more than glad to do a comparison and testing wearing too! free of charge!!
smile.gif

OG: Stitched on side Jumpman.
Carbon fiber looks like Black/Red XI retro.
I guess, it has shorter toe box.

Retro: Rubber Jumpman glued on the side.
Clear carbon fiber, looks like car's part.

That's all I can think of.

OG's had a stiched Jumpman, retro's is chrome.

OG's Jumpman was angled, retro's is level.

OG's have a metal top eyelit, retro's is black and plastic.

OG's had real carbon fiber, retro's is fake.

OG's had nice leather, retro's is vastly inferior.

OG's outsole were translucent, retro's is solid colored.

I'm sure there are some more minor differences I haven't noticed.

I was gonna pick up a pair but when i saw them in person i was very disapointed. They seemed very cheaply made and the soles were nothing like the originals.The shoe looks nice but the quality just looks cheap.

Originally Posted by blco02

Pretty much sums it up. No pics needed.

Originally Posted by mikeposite

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

Are they gonna have the white/black/gold colorway?
yes but the color blocking is not going to be the same. and they replaced the stitched jumpman with a solid silver jumpman so i dunno know about the gold.

another difference is that the retro has a white outsole, while the og's had black. the inner liner was also blk and had no red in it.

i haven't examined the retros in detail, but this is another difference:

the wht/navyand blk/royal also had a stitched jumpman on the little trangle where the heel tab ended. the blk/wht/gold and blk/red had a little plasticbubble w/ a jumpman printed on it.

the retro jumpman pros look/are cheap. they should've kept them as close to retro as possible. the patent leather on the wht/navy look like crap!!! notonly that, the color placements suck too. i saw a pair of blk/yllw/wht at a foot locker and the stitching contrast was garbage and made the shoe look like ablind person put it together. the jumpman pro WAS a great shoe, but jordan/nike messed them up by making short cuts and letting the blind lead the blind. definately one of my all time favorite shoes, but the retros are goin to sit and then be shipped to outlets where they're goin to continue to sit untilthey drop to 50 or so a pair.

I also notices that the retros have a stiched jumpman on the back and the OG's had a round rubber jumpman like the tongue has.

Spot on. The only other difference I can think of is that the Jumpman in the heel on the OGs was bubbled. The Retro just has it stitched on.

^^^the last 2 or so post state the same thing but are only half right. as i posted before you guys, only the blk/wht/gold and the blk/red had a plastic bubbleand the wht/navy and blk/royal had a sewn jumpman. helps to read the posts prior to what you intend to sharel

^ Sry. I tend to overlook anything shaq related. No offense.

But how are the previous 2 posts only half right?

And I know those other colorways have the stitched jumpman..buuuuuut were ARE talking about the black/red colorway. Right?

Back
Top Bottom