Just Blaze Interview w/HHG.com

he needs to drop saigon and stick to producing... eff havin a label when u cant drop no album...

this aint no just blaze interview... this a saigon interview minus saigon...

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Then you have some artists where it's like, you like them and are a fan, but they just aren't hot right now. Do you go release that album and put a ton of money into it knowing that more than likely, the market just isn't interested in it right now? And then if you let them go or drop them, you get accused of not respecting the music or that person's stature or their artistry or whatever, et cetera, but if you keep them on without releasing anything, you're hating and/or trying to hold them back.
[/font]
[/font]

*cough*Joe Buddens*cough*

Also...I wonder who was supposed to be on the hook for American Gangster. Kanye?

good interview...

a lot of truth (imo
laugh.gif
) about the criticism sp? of Jay.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Then you have some artists where it's like, you like them and are a fan, but they just aren't hot right now. Do you go release that album and put a ton of money into it knowing that more than likely, the market just isn't interested in it right now? And then if you let them go or drop them, you get accused of not respecting the music or that person's stature or their artistry or whatever, et cetera, but if you keep them on without releasing anything, you're hating and/or trying to hold them back.
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
*cough*Joe Buddens*cough*
[/font]
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
you prolly right.
[/font]
[/font]

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

Isn't it the label's job to market, promote, and generate interest/buzz?

Technically, All the artist has to do is provide hot music, And it's the label/marketing dept. job to get it out to as many people as possible...

Isn't that the point of being on a major?

I like how people don't accept any responsibility and just wash their hands of the situation like they play no part in it.

"Oh well, There was no interest, So I just let them sit there..."

Way to be proactive...Get that bullshh outta here G.

yea but u cant really generate interest in saigon... some artists just CANT b successful on a mainstream level...

Joey had hit singles on stash
yeah he did...didnt he have "Stuntin" feat. Coke...then i heard they told him to take Coke off and keep it just with him, and ON TOP ofthat catchy Hov hook ...they still wouldnt cosign?

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Joey had hit singles on stash
yeah he did...didnt he have "Stuntin" feat. Coke...then i heard they told him to take Coke off and keep it just with him, and ON TOP of that catchy Hov hook ...they still wouldnt cosign?

stuntin was NOT hot... joe sucks at makin %$@+ like that... his lyrics always on point but his hooks and beat selection is usually horrible when it comesto those... fire comes to mind...

I actually thought "Stuntin" was hot and was looking forward to the video, Jay must have thought the same if he cleared the sample.

But then again he was the President of Def Jam.

molded bread is better than no bread at all but that still doesnt make it good...
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom