Just Don x Air Jordan 2

The origin of the hats in the first place weren't for regular folks to begin with. It's a play on a 90's- early 00's brand from the crib called "Buck-Fifty" the hats were always gaudy made Out've different exotic materials and ish. I remember always wanting one as a teen, but they were $150. Only the dope boys could afford that or athletes on the Bulls/Bears.

Don took a play on it, and payed homage, it's been rocking ever since then. It's still a piece Thats not for everyone price point wise and style wise. Still the #1 customers on 80% of his products are dope boys. This whole drop is Chicago inspired tbh. From the materials used on the jacket, to the leather on the crowns, he knew he couldn't just make a regular upper Don, he had to take it back to the late 80's-Early 90's with the leather flickin, to even making people cop the hat/jacket to reserve their 2's, it's a mom and Pop classic.

It ain't trickin if you got it.
Interesting, didn't know this.

The origin of the hats in the first place weren't for regular folks to begin with. It's a play on a 90's- early 00's brand from the crib called "Buck-Fifty" the hats were always gaudy made Out've different exotic materials and ish. I remember always wanting one as a teen, but they were $150. Only the dope boys could afford that or athletes on the Bulls/Bears.

Don took a play on it, and payed homage, it's been rocking ever since then. It's still a piece Thats not for everyone price point wise and style wise. Still the #1 customers on 80% of his products are dope boys. This whole drop is Chicago inspired tbh. From the materials used on the jacket, to the leather on the crowns, he knew he couldn't just make a regular upper Don, he had to take it back to the late 80's-Early 90's with the leather flickin, to even making people cop the hat/jacket to reserve their 2's, it's a mom and Pop classic.

joints originally had watches on em too... but all this info is spot on

Whenever I saw someone rocking those hats I just knew it was someone from the west side.  Later on it caught on a little bit on the south side but I couldn't get with a hat with a watch on it.

Last edited:
man, this release is cringeworthy. this "game" has become downright scary. between these and the frags i'm really just at a loss for words. i understood the yeezy madness. but this, i just don't get. i can't say i'm surprised the hats sold out, but the fact that they did just confirms that things are way outta hand and with social media and the way consumers are showing that they don't care what prices are thrown at them, that they'll cop anyway NO MATTER WHAT just iterates that things are only gonna get worse.

it really sucks for those regular folks who really like the shoes and just wanna rock them (this is not me, i never liked these from the jump). the business models and marketing strategies, the blatant and flagrant greed consistently shown by nike and many other companies/corporations is a real turn off at this point and let's me know that it's pretty much time to just opt out altogether while i still have some self respect left.

i'd like to think we're all much smarter than this.
This!!! Repped!

Whenever I saw someone rocking those hats I just knew it was someone from the west side.  Later on it caught on a little bit on the south side but I couldn't get with a hat with a watch on it.

View media item 1364797

also spot on

man, this release is cringeworthy. this "game" has become downright scary. between these and the frags i'm really just at a loss for words. i understood the yeezy madness. but this, i just don't get. i can't say i'm surprised the hats sold out, but the fact that they did just confirms that things are way outta hand and with social media and the way consumers are showing that they don't care what prices are thrown at them, that they'll cop anyway NO MATTER WHAT just iterates that things are only gonna get worse.

it really sucks for those regular folks who really like the shoes and just wanna rock them (this is not me, i never liked these from the jump). the business models and marketing strategies, the blatant and flagrant greed consistently shown by nike and many other companies/corporations is a real turn off at this point and let's me know that it's pretty much time to just opt out altogether while i still have some self respect left.

While I agree with you that things are getting out of hand its kind of silly for us to get mad at the company for doing to us what we've been doing to each other for years.

The same regular folks that want these are the same regular folks that bought frags a couple weeks ago and are now flipping them for $800 and more.

Just Don squeezed out the potential "regular" resellers on this one.  The same dudes that were going to pay a $1000 to wear them are still paying a stack but to the Just Don and not some random dudes paypal.

I'm in the same boat as you, I never really wanted them but to watch the way this is playing out is actually interesting.  Not because I like to see the consumer get shafted but because I really want to see how far we're going to let this go on before we say enough is enough.  The simple fact that they are still going to sellout regardless of the cost shows that we still haven't hit the tipping point.

Last edited:
The pic Don C posted on IG of the 2"s next to the Blue jays jersey still has me hype :lol: :smokin

Last edited:
The brim and adjustable strap on the back are made of genuine python. Not saying it's worth $500 but that's the main reason for the markup
I know. but that's a very very small amount which is why I don't think they are worth anywhere near that. maybe I was a little stingy saying 50 but they honestly shouldn't be anymore than 150-200 imo. guess it's one of those brands where you pay for hype/popularity, not the actual product itself. JB is obviously turning more and more into that as well everyday
tired.gif

X1,000,000 to the bolded

Im sick of reading the "they are a business its okay for them to ream us" or some dumb quotes from FANTASY wealth films like Wall Street, The Wolf Of.., Money Ball, etc...

My breaking point has already passed. I havent bought a pair of Jordans since Concords low. Im glad I struck out on Legends and Infrareds. As bad as I would like to have the Chicago 10s and Bred 1 lows i will not give Nike/JB another one of my hard earned dollars. The money I have been saving from shoe releases will go to a possible project car or stay in bank and stack. I have been giving a strong thought to putting my Olive IX/Powder X/Chicago I to the side and giving my 100+ pair of Jordans to a church or shelter. Im not feeling Jordans any more. This brand prestige is going down the toilet. Nike has let the paranoid, google search era yuppies turn the brand from INNOVATION into HYPE. Every week its an expensive gimmick and a goose chase to go along with it. Nike was juggernaut in the 90s and did not have to resort to this weasel like business to push kicks and influence. Nike used to respect and be grateful for its consumers. Thank you notes on the box. Motivating product description and advertisment. Fair pricing. This is what helped create the culture of sneaker collection. Now its a soulless hobby and sheep typical reaction to its downfall is just "u mad" "u old" or my favorite since the fraggle rocks dropped "u salty".

X1,000,000 to the bolded

Im sick of reading the "they are a business its okay for them to ream us" or some dumb quotes from FANTASY wealth films like Wall Street, The Wolf Of.., Money Ball, etc...

My breaking point has already passed. I havent bought a pair of Jordans since Concords low. Im glad I struck out on Legends and Infrareds. As bad as I would like to have the Chicago 10s and Bred 1 lows i will not give Nike/JB another one of my hard earned dollars. The money I have been saving from shoe releases will go to a possible project car or stay in bank and stack. I have been giving a strong thought to putting my Olive IX/Powder X/Chicago I to the side and giving my 100+ pair of Jordans to a church or shelter. Im not feeling Jordans any more. This brand prestige is going down the toilet. Nike has let the paranoid, google search era yuppies turn the brand from INNOVATION into HYPE. Every week its an expensive gimmick and a goose chase to go along with it. Nike was juggernaut in the 90s and did not have to resort to this weasel like business to push kicks and influence. Nike used to respect and be grateful for its consumers. Thank you notes on the box. Motivating product description and advertisment. Fair pricing. This is what helped create the culture of sneaker collection. Now its a soulless hobby and sheep typical reaction to its downfall is just "u mad" "u old" or my favorite since the fraggle rocks dropped "u salty".
Word thats 100 tho

$675 for the hat and $275 for the Js
No matter how long my money is I'll never drop $675 for a hat.
Not knocking it, just stating my preference

Back
Top Bottom