Just Don x Air Jordan 2

I look at Jordans like Iphones.  Yeah Apple could release a product that fixes all the problems we currently face with our phones, but then there wouldn't be a reason to buy the next one that releases in a few months down the line.  They release a new phone with minimal, yet better improvements, so the consumer can feel like they have something BETTER than what they have now and continue the cycle again when the next one releases.  Same goes for Retros.  

I don't know, man. I feel like JB has the belief you keyed in on (that they have to hold little details back for the next retro) but I really think that JB could do all the classics right and the customer base would come back again and again. The relative success of the WC4s demonstrates it. If JB releases high(er) quality 1s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 10s, 11s, and 12s, people will eat them up every time. Because truth be told, supply will probably never match demand for some models because people come out of shoe retirement for certain releases. JB releases 500,000 good quality black/red 1s? Sell out. JB releases 2,000,000 good quality Space Jams? Sell out. 500,000 BC3s? Sell out. 500,000 Royal 1s? Sell out. Even if each retro perfectly matches the OG, people will still come back and buy another retro 5 years later. Why? Because people wear their shoes and they will be even more likely to wear their shoes if they know another accurate retro is coming in a few years.

Releasing cheap inaccurate crap just serves to dilute the brand over time.

Don's for me any day of the year. And I have 2 PSNY and 2 Don's. I'd give up 1 of my PSNY to get a 3rd Don if I could.
your 3rd pair is in my room 
tired.gif

I'd be down for a trade though, if you willing to part with 350's 
happy.gif

I don't know, man. I feel like JB has the belief you keyed in on (that they have to hold little details back for the next retro) but I really think that JB could do all the classics right and the customer base would come back again and again. The relative success of the WC4s demonstrates it. If JB releases high(er) quality 1s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 10s, 11s, and 12s, people will eat them up every time. Because truth be told, supply will probably never match demand for some models because people come out of shoe retirement for certain releases. JB releases 500,000 good quality black/red 1s? Sell out. JB releases 2,000,000 good quality Space Jams? Sell out. 500,000 BC3s? Sell out. 500,000 Royal 1s? Sell out. Even if each retro perfectly matches the OG, people will still come back and buy another retro 5 years later. Why? Because people wear their shoes and they will be even more likely to wear their shoes if they know another accurate retro is coming in a few years.

Releasing cheap inaccurate crap just serves to dilute the brand over time.
yes..their greed will be their downfall while their competitors take over the athletic scene with quality products....it pretty obvious now that the wc4 thread shows a high supply and bad quality that jb is pushing the envelope and try to break their sales record and profits buy selling a record amount while spending the least amount for production costs and materials in order to make a record amount of sales and profit..

its funny how the quality of a shoe affects the quality of a thread...people in here are civil and factual in there words and conversation while a cheaply made low quality shoe has its thread contain flame wars and complaints....the wc4 thread has been nothing but complaints about the quality with unbelievable post on how to fix this how to fix that....how is it that a shoe that is bought brand new comes looking preworn with a ton of defects and at the same time gets praised as being the best shoe ever....the ignorance is beyond me....even to this minute there is a 40 year old and a 28 year old flaming each other while the other posters are instigating it....its crazy....whats even more funny is that the people that are praising the shoe will get a big slap in the face when the next re retro of the wc4 come out in +5 years with even worse quality and the people that are accepting the shoe and how it was constructed now are the same ones that will be complaining about how bad the shoe is in the future...karma is a B.....

Crazy how certain people complain about the quality of a shoe when they don't even use it for there intended purpose. Not one time has there been a legit post from certain people about traction or ankle support. It's all about minor cosmetic detail that are abundant on a mass produced shoe and have always been abundant on mass produced shoes. That's what happens when you have a generation of people thinking that Air Jordan's were made to be fashion statements as opposed to those who remember them for being the pinnacle of athletic performance first. But I digress...

Just got these in from the JD restock (my boy copped in Cali then shipped to me, S/O @locobans  for the assist), and GYOTTDAMN the box is big. I mean, it looked big in pics, but in person, this joint is a cinder block lol.

Shoes are nice and plush, suede is buttery as expected (i have the blue pair as well), and the hat is actually better quality than i was expecting. Everybody is dogging the hat, but full leather JD caps are like $650, and also note that his python caps typically just have the bill in python, so I think we're all sleeping on its true Worth/value being that its full leather with VT accents. Maybe the design coulda been executed better. I plan on rocking it, just not with the 2's. Maybe with VT 1's when i cop em, or maybe some random red jays here and there. 

That said, the pack was definitely over priced. Even copping at retail, with shipping, CALI tax, then shipping back to me (plus a tip for the #NTFam lookin out), i dropped $800. I dont usually drop this kind of bread, but its my bday month and these were a treat to myself. DId the same thing last year with the blue pair. Hopefully JB takes note of the pack barely moving on the resale market and reassesses price points for the next collab(s). Good to see many of us were able to cop the pack/kicks, hope all are wearing em, i'll be wearing mine soon (although i said the same thing about the blue pair, and I JUST UNDS'd em last month).

Last edited:
I can understand the full retail value if it was indeed python, but it isn't. Therefore, the hat should not be valued at anything near the price of the entire pack. At the end of the day, I still don't think the JD python hat is worth the price, but I would take that over the JB leather hat. This red hat is useless to me.

I can understand the full retail value if it was indeed python, but it isn't. Therefore, the hat should not be valued at anything near the price of the entire pack. At the end of the day, I still don't think the JD python hat is worth the price, but I would take that over the JB leather hat. This red hat is useless to me.

your missing the point

all leather dons cost more than python dons

your missing the point

Yep. Let's say it's $325 for the shoe and $325 for the hat, that's not outlandish. Cheapest JD hat is $450. Mind you, I can't stand the hat.

And the poor resell could (and I stress could) mean that JB hit the retail price sweet spot for a pack like this, meaning that real fans of the shoe will get to purchase them and resellers take a loss. Hopefully, resell continues to be relatively poor and the next pack will be easier to get. Now that I have these, I would definitely be down for more colorways. If resell on the blues weren't stupid, I'd be hunting for a pair.

And the poor resell could (and I stress could) mean that JB hit the retail price sweet spot for a pack like this, meaning that real fans of the shoe will get to purchase them and resellers take a loss. Hopefully, resell continues to be relatively poor and the next pack will be easier to get. Now that I have these, I would definitely be down for more colorways. If resell on the blues weren't stupid, I'd be hunting for a pair.
Bingo, I remember some NTers telling me that no matter how high retail was for a hyped release it wouldn't matter. Resellers would still sell them double or triple retail. Obviously it doesn't work like that....not when a lot of heads are turned off by the msrp and not buying multiples because of.

Last edited:
your missing the point

How much are all leather dons? I would think python is more rare and costly than cow/pigskin leather. Personally, I think all leather hats are tacky as hell along with those leather shirts and what not. I'd much prefer python accent on the brim of a traditional hat anyway.

How much are all leather dons? I would think python is more rare and costly than cow/pigskin leather. Personally, I think all leather hats are tacky as hell along with those leather shirts and what not. I'd much prefer python accent on the brim of a traditional hat anyway.
I think they are 650

its funny how the quality of a shoe affects the quality of a thread...people in here are civil and factual in there words and conversation while a cheaply made low quality shoe has its thread contain flame wars and complaints....the wc4 thread has been nothing but complaints about the quality with unbelievable post on how to fix this how to fix that....how is it that a shoe that is bought brand new comes looking preworn with a ton of defects and at the same time gets praised as being the best shoe ever....the ignorance is beyond me....even to this minute there is a 40 year old and a 28 year old flaming each other while the other posters are instigating it....its crazy....whats even more funny is that the people that are praising the shoe will get a big slap in the face when the next re retro of the wc4 come out in +5 years with even worse quality and the people that are accepting the shoe and how it was constructed now are the same ones that will be complaining about how bad the shoe is in the future...karma is a B.....

This is why, at this point, the high-end thread is the only one I read daily. High price and (relatively) low hype seems to be the only way to get rid of the people that are either too young and immature to converse respectfully or are an e-warior that feels like they've got something to prove.

Back to the matter at hand. I can't wait for spring to hit the midwest so I can feel comfortable breaking these things out. They're so well done that I feel like I should be waiting for a special occasion.

How do these run? I wear a sz 9.5 but couldn't pass up on a 10 for $800. Should be delivered by Wednesday

Back
Top Bottom