Just got fired yesterday vol. Merry Christmas

So my boss of two years sends me a text yesterday morning telling me he thinks I have lost my passion and he feels I don't want to be there any longer and tells me I'm fired. Who does that to someone with two kids days before Christmas? Today is my sons 11th bday and I feel like a terrible dad. I have not told anyone so posting here is just like my way to vent. I'm not sure how we will pay rent this month and I'm freaking out.

OK, there has to be more to this story than you're letting on....PLENTY of bosses do this, but with reason. You don't get fired for nothing. If you do, take it up w. HR.

Grimey
30t6p3b.gif

Ya boss did you dirty, were you naughty homie? Cause that was coal
Looks like its time for you to be investing in baking soda and stoves (flame noise)

-BronLe

No employment contract? No anything that could have been construed at a contract?
Any notice that he was thinking about letting you go?

Why do you feel like a terrible Dad. You didn't do anything wrong..did you? Why did you really get fired though? What could her reasoning possibly be? And don't even stress it. Pray and you'll be fine. You don't have to spend money for your kids to enjoy his bday and holidays. Go on a trip, spend quality time. Time>Material things

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

I worked at a small local business with 3 employees. No hr dept.
Still get something on paper for the formality of things. Good luck dude.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

OK, there has to be more to this story than you're letting on....PLENTY of bosses do this, but with reason. You don't get fired for nothing.

This.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

say you never got the text and go there in person
This. Hopefully, you didn't respond to those texts, OP. 

At this point, you have nothing to lose. 

Trust when I say I did nothing wrong. I always just went to work and did my job. The owner has been acting crazy since he was arrested on cocaine poss a few months back. I never had any run ins with him or anyone else. His business was struggling so I think he was just letting me go to save money. I feel like q bad dad because I feel like I let my family down. If I don't find work in the next week we won't make rent.

So your boss has a criminal record? Damn son. Do you have any emergency money? Emergency loan possible? Apply for a new job right now

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

Trust when I say I did nothing wrong. I always just went to work and did my job. The owner has been acting crazy since he was arrested on cocaine poss a few months back. I never had any run ins with him or anyone else. His business was struggling so I think he was just letting me go to save money. I feel like q bad dad because I feel like I let my family down. If I don't find work in the next week we won't make rent.

Awww man. The minute that man got arrested you should have been looking for a new job.
If you were an at-will employee you're pretty much screwed though.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by FlyNY

Why do you feel like a terrible Dad. You didn't do anything wrong..did you? Why did you really get fired though? What could her reasoning possibly be? And don't even stress it. Pray and you'll be fine. You don't have to spend money for your kids to enjoy his bday and holidays. Go on a trip, spend quality time. Time>Material things

indifferent.gif

Sorry but praying doesn't pay rent. Goodluck to you OP. If you really need money try collecting recyclables and make some extra change. 

Originally Posted by TSX24

indifferent.gif

Sorry but praying doesn't pay rent. Goodluck to you OP. If you really need money try collecting recyclables and make some extra change. 

Dumb reply fam'

Of course Praying aint gonna pay bills....But with hard work, prayer and faith...things will get better

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by TSX24

indifferent.gif

Dumb reply fam'

Of course Praying aint gonna pay bills....But with hard work, prayer and faith...things will get better
What kind of skills do you have OP??
What were you doing at that job?

Back
Top Bottom