Just got off the phone with HOT SAUCE... (edit Audio is posted)

So And 1 is coming to our school (SMU) next week, and their promoter is getting me on the phone with Hot Sauce this afternoon for a Q&A session (I writefor the sports page of the student paper).

Of course I've got the generic questions...

How did you get involved with And 1?
Whats the craziest trick you've ever pulled in a game?
Where'd you get your nickname?

But for some reason I'm blanking on more questions. Does anyone have some interesting questions that would be good for the interview??? THANKS EDIT seebottom of page 1 for audio of interview

any NBA ambitions? ala Rafer Alston?

do you feel like a celebrity?

future goals? shoe deal (i think he had one with And 1?)?

who do you hate guarding you?

etc...

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

do you feel cool playing fake bball?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

best question, if this dude feels like he could make it to the NBA then SMH

Can you make a layup???

Do you realize that when you run down court w/ the ball in your habd that it is a walk????

Do you realize that Skip is>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than you will ever be???

You left the tour (and wore adidas)...what made you decide to come back to the And1 Tour?

When players are voted off after each stop, do you ever offer up any advice on how they can improve their game?

Does Wayne Brady have game?

Would you trade your ball-handling ability for Air Up There's jumping ability?

Which do you find more exciting -- an amazing crossover or a high-flying dunk?

What's a simple drill somebody could practice on their own to improve their handles?

Some people feel the Tour is coming to a close in the near future -- the total tour stops keep getting smaller each year -- where do you go from here if theTour stops?

Do you have a favorite And1 shoe you've played in?

What's a funny story on the bus your teammates wouldn't want you to tell? (there are STORIES...trust me...)

Good luck...Sauce is a cliche-answer type dude...so try and have some energy and get him excited about your questioning or he'll you treat you as a routineinterviewer.

Oh my gosh, if you don't copy/paste B1LLY's exact response and insert those questions into your interview... you need to be slapped.
laugh.gif

Solid questions, man.

^ Yeah that was AO...I remember the scouts saying he didn't quite have the jumper, steady guard skills, or explosive athletic ability to make it...while hecertainly has the crowd-pleasing presence.

great question, thats one i would actually like to hear his response to.

Billy Hoyle what do you do? do you work for Slam or something?
laugh.gif

Ive done alot of interviews, just listen to what they are saying and pay attention. Some of the best questions are follow-ups off something the person said

Originally Posted by Nike God

jakecuevas wrote:
do you feel cool playing fake bball?
roll.gif

-
indifferent.gif
LAME. you sound like one of those old heads that just haveto try and school the young kids on the dangers of 'streetball'. everything has its place. i asked one old head if the Harlem Globetrotters had himdoing tricks on the court as a kid in games, he said no, so whats the difference? he couldnt say anything.

- what you really sound like is some kid whos been abused on the court by one of those moves. embarrassed lately?

Thanks Billy, I'll put a few of those in... good Q's. Whats with the Wayne Brady question? Did he play against him or what? I'm recording the convoand I'll post it later.

^
TELL ME you know about Crossover....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

crossover.jpg

20060912crossover.jpg

Professor is starring in an upcoming movie called 'Ball Don't Lie'....you could ask Sauce if he gave him any pointers after starring in a movie ofhis own.

Yeah so I just talked to the publicist and she told me about the movie. Good thing I checked with her first.

He's going to call me in 5 minutes

The convo... 15 minutes long. He says some interesting stuff

http://www.zshare.net/audio/107552623a5a6abf/

The questions I asked:

How did you get involved with And 1?

Whats the craziest trick you've ever pulled in a game?

Where'd you get your nickname?

You left the tour (and wore adidas)...what made you decide to come back to the And1 Tour?

You starred in Crossover. Does Wayne Brady have game?

Who did you admire in the NBA growing up?
What are you going to do after the tour?

Do you have a favorite And1 shoe you've played in?

Back
Top Bottom