Just Moved To Phoenix, I Got Questions Now, lol

moved here from oregon. so you know this climate is not agreeing w/ me. anyway, my general consensus was that i hated phoenix, but it's slowly growing onme. the mexican women out here are magnifique. anyhow, i've discovered the metrocenter. enough ghettoness to serve my needs if i need something, lol. accidentally found scottsdale. found the clubs downtown on 1st and central which i can rock. discovered baseline and the fact i don't need to catch a fwyunless i need to go to chandler. and church's chicken (they closed them down in portland 10 years ago).

now my questions are: where's a good place to get a haircut? one that caters to black folks. no diss to my latino counterparts out here, but a blackbarbershop would be nice. next, how do i get to the anthem outlets? and last, for someone who's almost 30, where are good clubs to go to, besidesdowntown?

thanks in advance. minus the weather, i think i'm gonna like this place. i just need escrow to close on this damn house. it's a short sale, and somy understanding is that closing takes longer than a traditional closing.

Big Fellas barbershop on 43rd ave. and Indian School, to get to Anthem Outlet mall take the 1-17 North until you see a sign that says Prime Outlet, thats theoutlet mall in Athem

my boy cuts at a barber shop on 67th ave and indian school northwest corner...i cant think of the name of the shop

What part of Arizona are you staying at right now? Is it the same area where you're buying your house??

That'll help me to recommend you places to go, things to see, shops, dining, etc...

What part of Arizona are you staying at right now? Is it the same area where you're buying your house??

That'll help me to recommend you places to go, things to see, shops, dining, etc...

i stay in laveen. i'm off 51st and baseline. our home will be on 73rd and baseline.

i'm slowly learning the area, and the fact that either laveen is going to be the next area to blow, or i just picked a good place w/ low prices, and willhave to accept the fact that i have to drive anywhere to do anything. example, no movie theaters here, unless i wanna go to ahwatukee, or harkins in tolleson,or go downtown. no regular retail malls close except in north phoenix or chandler. this is at the least a 3 year stay (so i'm not penalized for my obamamoney), but damn laveen is far.

suggestions don't have to be close to laveen. just basically anywhere that's a great place. i guess more bars/clubs that are hip-hop... oh, andoregon has nude strip clubs. does such a thing exist here?
dining we've got down. arizona has more places to eat than i can handle
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Google Maps will be used often:

Strip Clubs

- Alaskan Bush Co. has full nude, it's about an hour from you, but should be worth the drive IMO

- Christie's Cabaret across the street from AZ Mills is pretty good as well, from what I'ver heard

Hip Hop bars/clubs [I've been to]

- Bar Smith in downtown Phoenix

- Hidden House on 7th Ave & ?? (I forgot lol)

- Stoudamire's/Silver in downtown usually have good crowds Fri/Sat night depending on their current 'promotion'

Dining

- Lolo's Chicken & Waffles
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Oh yeah and as for barbershops, 'Twin's Barbershop' on 19th Ave. & Greenway Rd. (2 mins. off the I-17) is THAT place! Trust me. Radi =
pimp.gif

my AZ heads, please don't mind the sig. but it's college football season coming up and my beavs are gonna do big things this year.

anyway, demon- thx for the info. is 'hidden house' downtown as well? i understand 7th ave, but that could span from my way, and go who the hellknows, northward
happy.gif
. or as you say, google will be my best friend. wecan ex that question off the list.

i'll try TWINS. we ate at the waffle house
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(damn, i thought that place was made up from the ATL film, but the waffle househeaven sent. i'll say it again
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
) on 51st and mcdowell and was going to make that the spot. looked rather shady, so thanks for TWINS.

lastly, when does this weather end? there shouldn't even be a weather forecast. it's just ONE-O-HOT everyday.
laugh.gif

BAR SMITH???? WHATS THE BEST NIGHT TO GO I WENT ON A FRIDAY THE DJ WAS AMAZING BUT I FELT OUTTA PLACE THERE WERE TONS AND TONS OF HIPSTERS AND NERDY WHITE GUYS(aint nothing wrong with nerdy white guys). THERE WAS A GROUP OF LIKE 8 SINGING AINT NUTTIN BUT A G THANG IT WAS COMEDY! OH OH AND 3 OF THEM WERE THROWING UP THE WESTSIIIIIIDE! *TRUE STORY*

I would hit up Barcelona if u want an older spot to go to

I went there on my 21st bday and felt MAD outta place.

Its on Scottsdale near Greenway...cant miss it

Hey,

I have been to Phoenix twice before and have some family living in the Queen Creek area (SE) and I'm coming to visit with my girl this Friday, we are staying downtown part of the time and checking some suns games, but I need to know what's good? shoe shops, good food, what are the best malls to hit. Didn't have a car the previous times and wasn't able to get around as easy.

Also is there any good pick up basketball runs? If so where are they held and what days/times?

thanks!

Back
Top Bottom