Just picked up a MacBook Pro..

i also am looking to get the 8gb ram since its only a little under 50.

i was gunna get an ssd but its too expensive for too little memory instead i got a 750 gb hitachi 7200 rpm for 150 shipped

also how to i get the mac hd icon onto my desktop so i can quickly get into the hard drive?? my first mac so i dont know $hit
what browser is the fastest on a mac? im using chrome and its been better than safari so far

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by Antidope

You get to wirelessly stream media from your laptop to your ps3
What?! More info on this?�
nerd.gif

Its actually pretty useful, the only thing is when you stream HD stuff it might freeze if your internet isnt up to par. Works for mac too http://www.macupdate.com/...c/30399/ps3-media-server go there to get it.
Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Originally Posted by Sneaky

PS3 Media Server
how does this work exactly?
nerd.gif

When you run the program on your computer you can go to your PS3 and stream media to it wirelessly.

Originally Posted by NC23

Originally Posted by Djhyper66

go under the setting on the trackpad,  click on "tap to click"

so you dont have to press down on the botton everytime, all you have to do is tap it.

Save your trackpad from wearing out so far,  when you press down on the trackpad so much the screw under it  get loose and doesnt click and you  have to open up bottom of ur laptop to adjust the screw so the  trackpad work good again.

THANK YOU!

thanks for this info

Originally Posted by derrty6232

^What do you normally do on a computer?  Or what do you plan on doing with 8gb ram and an SSD?

Social networks, some light video editing, school work, occasional pron, nothing too crazy 
laugh.gif

I'm willing to upgrade the ram and to a SSD if it will keep my system running quick though.

Originally Posted by dimez81

Originally Posted by omgitswes

MacBooks are great laptops but I'll never get an iMac I need more power out of a desktop.

With that said I'm getting a MBP when ivy bridge comes out. I see dude was talking about removing the ODD and installing a SDD. That's something I'd want to do. Can I just do that and use it as a boot drive?

you are wrong...I just got an Imac and it is powerful....more than my macbook pro....I just upgraded it to 16gb ram and add a samsung 830 ssd with the 1tb hd.   This thing is blazing fast.http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v17/dimez81/?action=view&current=photo-9.jpg Yes as far as an ssd you can use it as a boot drive.  I use the ssd as the os and programs and  the hard drive for storage.I recommend doing this....for those that dont use there optical drive.

western digital

super fast.

By time you put that 16gb of ram to use, it'll be slow.
Way to go 
laugh.gif

Some of you don't know $$%# about computers 
30t6p3b.gif

macbook pro is just like a pc its still a pc. I currently have a pc but there was some things i need from my Security+ class i need for the test and it cant be opened in Mac smh. I may get a netbook just because and iTunes get on my damn nerves. Just paying for the name

Originally Posted by dbailey86

macbook pro is just like a pc its still a pc. I currently have a pc but there was some things i need from my Security+ class i need for the test and it cant be opened in Mac smh. I may get a netbook just because and iTunes get on my damn nerves. Just paying for the name
actually im paying for the aluminum unibody frame and quality. my alienware was made from plastic.
aluminum>>plastic

can someone help me on how to MOUNT a file?

I downloaded something and the steps tell me to first mount the iso or file whatever.

I also purchased a macbook pro and don't really know much. Pm would help

Originally Posted by icykicks79

can someone help me on how to MOUNT a file?

I downloaded something and the steps tell me to first mount the iso or file whatever.

I also purchased a macbook pro and don't really know much. Pm would help
Alcohol 120

Official Apple Thread anyone?.. 
nerd.gif

I recently just got an Apple Air Laptop from my pops. 
First time ever with an Apple Computer.. and I must say it takes some time to get used to.. 

Quick Questions:
Whenever I try and do a 'Software Update' it doesn't automatically install 'The Apple Store'.. 
I have no clue how to install that to my computer.. 
nerd.gif

Also, does anyone know how to 'Right Click' on an Apple Air btw?.. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ALDY

Official Apple Thread anyone?.. 
nerd.gif

I recently just got an Apple Air Laptop from my pops. 
First time ever with an Apple Computer.. and I must say it takes some time to get used to.. 

Quick Questions:
Whenever I try and do a 'Software Update' it doesn't automatically install 'The Apple Store'.. 
I have no clue how to install that to my computer.. 
nerd.gif

Also, does anyone know how to 'Right Click' on an Apple Air btw?.. 
laugh.gif
Tap the trackpad with 2 fingers, should work for you.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by dimez81

Originally Posted by omgitswes

MacBooks are great laptops but I'll never get an iMac I need more power out of a desktop.

With that said I'm getting a MBP when ivy bridge comes out. I see dude was talking about removing the ODD and installing a SDD. That's something I'd want to do. Can I just do that and use it as a boot drive?

you are wrong...I just got an Imac and it is powerful....more than my macbook pro....I just upgraded it to 16gb ram and add a samsung 830 ssd with the 1tb hd.   This thing is blazing fast.http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v17/dimez81/?action=view&current=photo-9.jpg Yes as far as an ssd you can use it as a boot drive.  I use the ssd as the os and programs and  the hard drive for storage.I recommend doing this....for those that dont use there optical drive.

western digital

super fast.

By time you put that 16gb of ram to use, it'll be slow.
Way to go 
laugh.gif

Some of you don't know $$%# about computers 
30t6p3b.gif
care to explain? I'm genuinely interested. I'm thinking about adding ram to my 2011 MBP.
After Effects is killing me.

I'm bout to pick up a 2011 mbp 13" tomorrow for $1050. Also comes installed with Apple Logic Studio 9 (Full Package)
Apple Final Cut Pro 7 (Full Package), Adobe Master Collection CS5 (Full Package), Microsoft Office 2011 (Full Package),iLife 2011 (Full Package)
iWork 2009 (Full Package). Craigslist for the win

Hoping to pick up a current macbook air for a discount when the new models come out.  I think I should be able to get the 13'' 128 gb for $8-900.  Need more functionality than my ipad.

this might be petty, but does anyone know how to disable the "Reopen windows when logging back in" option when you shut down your computer?

Back
Top Bottom