Just spent two weeks in Laos [PICS]

Looks so chill there OP.

I dont know about yall, but when I go to SE Asia im eating all of the rare stuff you cant get in the States, bugs and all lol

Looks so chill there OP.
I dont know about yall, but when I go to SE Asia im eating all of the rare stuff you cant get in the States, bugs and all lol

That's what I thought too. I've traveled a fair amount and always tried crazy things - iguana in Costa Rica, goat brains in India, silkworms in China. When I was in Laos I had to stop man it is too flagrant. :lol:

They eat everything - pigs feet, congealed pig blood soup :x when I saw those bugs it was like nope no reason for me to do this

Edit: Also no I am not in the Peace Corps I like my luxuries too much :lol:

Last edited:
That's what I thought too. I've traveled a fair amount and always tried crazy things - iguana in Costa Rica, goat brains in India, silkworms in China. When I was in Laos I had to stop man it is too flagrant. :lol:
They eat everything - pigs feet, congealed pig blood soup :x when I saw those bugs it was like nope no reason for me to do this
Edit: Also no I am not in the Peace Corps I like my luxuries too much :lol:

how were the silkworms and goat brains? :lol: i heard iguana tastes good, like chicken or something. Im Lao-American, was never into roasted bugs, pigs feet, or congealed blood soup or anything crazy like that...but I mean I could understand back when the war happened food was scarce and people had to cook with whatever they could find. When I was in Laos i just stuck with the classics ping gai(grilled chicken) or ping bpaa (fish) x khao niao (sticky rice) goes nice with the thum mak hoong (spicy papaya salad). :smokin

my mom is laos and my dad in cambodian... i wish i could visit one day, but with a family it is mad expensive.... matter fact, the farthest ive been in vegas...

For real :pimp:
Like chicken :lol: not bad
Two weeks, but I'll move there for two years in November
:lol: They were the family of my Lao language teacher and couldn't have been nicer. Also believe it or not many white people make excellent houseguests
There were Bentleys and S classes, but the poverty wasn't as extreme as I expected. India was much worse

Did you also go to India?

when I read the tittle automatically of this fam

Nice pics OP

Wow great pix. Really changed since the last time i been there. :smokin

nothing like being on a boat eating sticky rice, and fresh fish from the Mekong, just relaxin n enjoying the view.

i need to go back and visit the motherland sometime this yr.

Immersing yourself in a foreign culture >*

Proud of you! :lol: Before it's all said and done I'm going to do a teaching abroad program. Gotta homeboy in China doing that right now :smh: Living the dream.
I thought about applying for one of those teach in Korea jobs but the housing is dorm style. The thought of communal showers and toilets again give me nightmares :x.

Good job bro!....is so cool to visit a different country and have the bcourage to step outside te bubble of a resort....nice pics.

i guess capcom lied to us this isn't in thailand either that or sagat is laotian

Last edited:
Dope pics. I just did 10 days all over Italy and have been tempted to post some of the pics.

Maybe start a dedicated "travel" thread. Would love to continue to see pics of people's travels to inspire some new spots to visit.

Dope pics. I just did 10 days all over Italy and have been tempted to post some of the pics.

Maybe start a dedicated "travel" thread. Would love to continue to see pics of people's travels to inspire some new spots to visit.
thats not a bad idea
Immersing yourself in a foreign culture >*

Proud of you!
laugh.gif
Before it's all said and done I'm going to do a teaching abroad program. Gotta homeboy in China doing that right now
mean.gif
Living the dream.
I thought about applying for one of those teach in Korea jobs but the housing is dorm style. The thought of communal showers and toilets again give me nightmares
sick.gif
not all the housing is dorm style

Back
Top Bottom