Justice League vs Avengers vol. pretty sure this has been debated before

So I'm talking to some of my friends and they're saying how the Avengers would mop the floor with the Justice League. I figure they're just hyped from the movie and such. Everyone regards Batman as an extremely well-prepared and intelligent superhero with unlimited resources,  but people say that when you compare him to Iron Man, it's almost no competition because Batman only has a utility belt and man-operated vehicles while Iron Man built a suit from scratch, created a new element to power his suit, and doesn't have the rule of not killing people like Batman does.

As for Superman, dude is OD strong but Tony Stark could surely equip his weapons with kryptonite and negate him completely. Not to mention rig something up for the rest of the Avengers.

Thoughts?

You're comparing apples and oranges

Batman against captain America would be pretty awesome . Batman imo would come out on top.
Now technically the avengers most powerful aid is Thor since he is a god. Superman is an alien with super powers that defy the laws of physics. That fight could have so much potential

As a fanboy, if you read the forums on Marvel.com, its pretty much accepted that Batman would beat anybody if he has prep time.

But Superman = Hulk
Wonder Woman < Thor
Green Lantern > Ironman
Flash > Cap
Batman > Hawkeye
Martian Manhunter > Black Widow...i guess

thats just if you were talking about the Avengers from the movie though
and Superman would lose....HORRIBLY to Thor.   Superman's greatest weakness is magic

Originally Posted by solarius49

As a fanboy, if you read the forums on Marvel.com, its pretty much accepted that Batman would beat anybody if he has prep time.

But Superman = Hulk
Wonder Woman < Thor
Green Lantern > Ironman
Flash > Cap
Batman > Hawkeye

and Superman would lose....HORRIBLY to Thor.   Superman's greatest weakness is magic
No its not its kryptonite. i mean magic is one of his weaknesses but NOT his greatest

But Superman = Hulk
Wonder Woman < Thor
Green Lantern > Ironman
Flash > Cap
Batman > Hawkeye

technically its not a weakness, he's just not invulnerable to it. But theres no point in debating who would beat who, since all it takes is 1 biased writer. I could make superman move at the speed of light, which is faster than thor

Originally Posted by nawghtyhare

But Superman = Hulk
Wonder Woman < Thor
Green Lantern > Ironman
Flash > Cap
Batman > Hawkeye

No its not its kryptonite. i mean magic is one of his weaknesses but NOT his greatest
Actually, in his later years, Superman because immune to kryptonite due to absorbing so much sunlight...but in contemporary fiction you're definitely right.  Either way, Thor is a terrible matchup for Superman, he is better served fighting the Hulk

Originally Posted by girlslovewaffles

Originally Posted by potus2028

GL is more powerful than most think...

i'm gonna blame ryan reynolds for destroying what the GL means to me.

Who? The actor? Why would you mention him, it's not like there was a GL movie or anything.

There WASN'T.

Shut up.

laugh.gif
seriously tho, dude can make anything he wants with his ring PLUS fly in space...for starters, what's to stop him from taking most of the Avengers halfway to the moon in an energy bubble and just letting them go, leaving the rest to deal with Hulk amd Thor?

Dog i own that book, and it is RIDICULOUSLY bad. In the same book, Batman beats a whole team of X-Men, and then has a hard time with Cap. Those Marvel vs DC comics are so horrible
But to clarify, i think the Justice League would beat the Avengers badly.  The Avengers arent equipped to deal with the type of threat that the Justice League deals with on a regular basis

Dog i own that book, and it is RIDICULOUSLY bad. In the same book, Batman beats a whole team of X-Men, and then has a hard time with Cap. Those Marvel vs DC comics are so horrible

In the end, it doesn't matter because it is an actual event in the comic book so it hold more true than anyone elses argument or reasoning to why one would beat who. To be fair, Supes said he barely beat Thor and by the end Supes couldn't lift Thors hammer anymore since he was only deemed worthy at the time of distress. 
Overall though, magic is Supermans weakness but he has managed to beat it anyways in his books. He turned Shazams lightning on him and turned him back to kid for example. And Thors own weakness is arrogance and he'll likely takes Superman very lightly and lose in the end. 

Goku would work the $**% out of Superman, then restyle his hair just for trolling. DBZ characters are just ludicrously unbalanced to the rest of superherodom. Krillin would prolly murk half these dudes we're discussing.

Goku would work the $**% out of Superman, then restyle his hair just for trolling. DBZ characters are just ludicrously unbalanced to the rest of superherodom. Krillin would prolly murk half these dudes we're discussing.

word to the destructo disk.

yeah that whole issue was just anime characters vs comic book characters.  I lost the actual issue a few years ago, but the only other fight I remember is the guy from Trigun vs Spiderman

Avengers. This new team of Avengers with a roster of 50 people will murderize the JLA.

People keep using what has happened in previous JLA/Avengers crossovers. The brolicness of the avengers squad right now is nothing to #*#! with.

But Superman = Hulk
Wonder Woman < Thor
Green Lantern > Ironman
Flash > Cap
Batman > Hawkeye

Switching up matchups and putting in subs...

Superman<Thor
Wonder Woman<Captain America
Flash<Iron Man
Batman<Spiderman
Martian Manhunter<Hulk  
Green Lantern>Black Widow

Back
Top Bottom