.: - Kanye West - "Anyway" (FULL SONG w/ DJ) - :.

man i can't stop playing this
laugh.gif
......i really like the beat for some reason

I like the vibe of this track.

I'm starting to like the direction of this project. It's different. Of course I prefer the CD Kanye, but that can come on the next project, hopefully.

grin.gif
at this point im hoping every song we have heard(except for heartless)is a fake track sent out by kanye and we will hear the "real" songs when the cd comes out.

This ranks 2nd to Coldest Winter, IMO. Song is straight, but I don't have any strong feelings one way or another. If you're only going to have 11tracks, don't throw in mixtape type joints on there...that's what I think this is. Doesn't feel like it belongs on an album. But it isn't purebasura like Heartless, Love Lockdown and...Robocop.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by knightlovesqueen

Originally Posted by jawn piece

roll.gif
roll.gif
christ, the cdq makes this sound alot worse then i already thought it was
Originally Posted by knightlovesqueen

tight, i doubt hiphop fans are going to buy into this.

i mean "hip hop" fans.
i really dont think this cd is geared towards even slightly casual hip hop fans. in fact, i dont know wat group this experiment is intended for but if i had to take a guess at it i would say its for the masses of girls and suspect dudes who rock dress shirts half unbuttoned wit no undershirt. i only say this because i could never imagine me or any of my dudes buying this let alone downloading ti and giving it regular spins. i mean im still a big fan of kanye's past work, but this album is one step closer to "and 99% of ur fans wear high heels" territory. if these songs have had any value to me its that as much as i dislike t-pain and the vocoder, he has mastered it and anyone else trying it right now falls short...and stepping out of the box just for the sake of stepping out of the box is not a good thing.

aaight i feel your opinion, but tell me something, who do u think he made CD for...LR for... Grad for?

also out of curiosity "me or any of my dudes" listen to____________?
first let me say i think he made those albums for himself, as all musicians make their music for themselves first and foremost. and i think with808's he especially is making it for himself cuz the songs have to do with his mother, ex gf, etc. but u have to be aware who is gonna like the music urputting out and i think kanye is kidding himself if he thinks a majority of the same hip hop heads that liked those albums u mentioned are gonna like this%*%+. as far as wat i like and wat my friends like it ranges from dr dre to cat stevens but like i said i cant imagine them liking these songs at all..even myfriend who is the biggest rnb fan ull meet thinks these songs r terrible. im not completly hating on the ideas or the style kanye went with for this albumbut rather the execution...i think the sytle of this music is somewhat similar to wat gnarls barkley does, the difference being that they put out quality musicthats both different and good imo, whereas kanye fails here in the execution of creating good music with a similar style...i think down the road this albumwill be looked at as an abbiration in an otherwise good catalog of music from kanye kind of in the same way people view em's encore or nastradamus forexample

This song isnt bad, lyrics dont mean as much as others but has good flow. Im liking this album so far but it fails to compare to Graduation or LR. So far forme its:
Heartless
Love Lockdown
Robocop
Anyways
Coldest Winter

Oh how I miss the days of Kanye on a Jay track and not even being recognized as "feat. Kanye West". Where you had to flip through the book to see himin the credits.

Back
Top Bottom